Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mmorpg.com Gold Member please

SupernerdSupernerd Member Posts: 342
I would like to suggest anual membership to MMORPG.COM.

I would love to sign up and become a GOLD member.

For anyone not interested in something like this that would be fine,nothing would change for you.

There could even be a Silver plan for those not interested in going all out.

MMORPG.COM GOLD member benefits could include:

*** Automatic entry into any contest mmorpg.com offers.

*** You immediately become a GOLD member,with TEN stars next to your name (above elite/silver member status)

For as long as you maintain your GOLD membership.

*** You get 9 strikes before perma ban,instead of 3.

*** You will receive flame rights.10 free flames per year, saying anything you want to anyone about anything with no moderation

or censorship.

*** You will receive free trials/beta invites from mmorpg.com unavailable to non GOLD members.

*** You will have access and be able to read and post in a specia GOLD forum for GOLD members only.

MMORPG.COM GOLD MEMBERSHIP 12 months=29.99 usd

SILVER PLAN:

** AUTOMATIC entry into any contest mmorpg.com offers

** You immediately become a silver member,with seven stars next to your name(above elite members)

For as long as you maintain your silver membership.

** You receive 6 strikes before perma ban instead of 3.

** You have access to GOLD forum and can read stuff in it;but you can't post anything in the GOLD forum.

MMORPG.COM SILVER MEMBERSHIP 12 months=9.99 usd

Comments

• MarLMarL Member UncommonPosts: 606
    mmorpg should make tons of cash and shouldnt need the sub money. I actually like the ads here and use them quite often.

I cant believe you want to pay to flame people...lol

Why dont you go join fileplanet/gamespy/3dgamer/ign and get there subscriber beta stuff?

I can see why someone would join there ....the ads there are horrific and id never click on them.

Own, Mine, Defend, Attack, 24/7

• diarheasaucediarheasauce Member Posts: 60
    10 flames a year for 29.99?

WTF thats absurd, should be unlimited u noob

WORD LIFE LAWL SAUCE

• MarLMarL Member UncommonPosts: 606
    Lol he wants to pay for rank?

Maybe then they should give special ranks to HELPFULL people like blizzard did? lol

(im not sure how it actually went over since I never post there)

Own, Mine, Defend, Attack, 24/7

• SupernerdSupernerd Member Posts: 342
    2 out of 5 vote yes so far not bad at all.

60 bux so far.

The mods can split the cash.

MMORPG.COM is growing and growing.

Im sure a lot of people would sign up.
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 197

So.. you want to pay money... to get a free rank.. and to be able to abuse the site rules as much as you want.. You want to pay to break the rules of the site?

Yeah, it seems the "Gold forum" will be the new WoW, people sure want to pay to be abused MORE.

Anatomy of a Fanboi

This is you.

• AefooAefoo Member Posts: 37
    Sorry but this is a terrible idea.  Fortunately it will never happen, nor should it.  If you are that concerned about status and rank in a forum, may I suggest going outside once in awhile.

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979

forums are meant to be for people to put their ideas and opinions about topics that are made.  noone really cares about rank or anything like that.  you cant be better than someone at talkin about somthin so why make ranks?  if it was up to me i would get rid of these star things and just let anyone do whatever.

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

I think I'd rather pay to have monkey's fling poo at this post.    Just because a person pays shouldn't  give them the right to break the rules and scare off new visitors.    Paying shouldn't gain you higher rank chances, rank is actually determined (somewhat) by how good of a forum poster you are.    There's already sites you can pay for entry to beta's and honestly I'm not paying for another one, I'd rather take my chances in a constest or hoping they get enough free beta keys they can just give them away so many per day (which they've done before).   3 Strikes and your out is fine with me...why should I have to deal with some jerk wad 9 different times before anything is done.     Yea because a special forum board is only going to have the 'cool people' pft more like more whiners and bitchers will show up in a 'gold member' forum.  

Honestly this site would have to offer a lot more than flame filled forum boards for anyone to want to pay.  I mean hell I pay for fileplanet but I get faster downloads by paying atleast I'm getting something for my cash.

Totally lame.

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• LandogarnerLandogarner Member Posts: 57
    <mod edit>

Best use of emoticon evar.  
  • KyrraKyrra Member Posts: 27

What elvenangel said. Just because you pay for something doesn't give you the right to break the rules. Flaming is flaming, and it shouldn't be tolerated on the forums. If you really want to flame people, this isn't the forum to do it on.

As for automatic entry into contests... I'm not sure how that will work out. I can see auto entry into contests where there is no cash value reward (ie: betas), but for things where physical prices are given away with a cash value, it may not be legal in some states for you to be automatically entered into the content (I'm just guessing here, cause some states have messed up laws).

<Mod edit>

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

A ridiculous idea if you ask me (which you didn't and none is ever going to do, but I insist on saying it anyways). It could just be seen as if you pay to be allowed to flame. And how would the strike system works once the Gold thing stops working? Say you got 5 strikes as Gold member and then stop paying for Gold member, do you still got 5 strikes out of 9 possible? That wouldn't work. Or do you got 5 strikes out of 3 allowed?

Having a forum for Gold members specific? Do you want to separate the people who can afford to become Gold member and those who can't afford it? Should those who got money get any privileges here? I say, no thanks. It's enough of separation between poor and rich already, don't try to start it here too.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    I would like to sign for the gold plan!

Maybe than i wont be banned everytime i write something !

• stabbestabbe Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I must say its a realy STUPID idea to let people be more rude and missbehave just because they have gold membership, thats just silly.
  • MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

Peh. Maybe to get rid of the ads and only for a significantly smaller price than $30/yr, but that's what AdBlock Plus and/or NoScript is for.

I have mmorpg.com in ABP's exception list at the moment though. Not always, but I've been seeing their ads over the last few weeks. In any case I'm not sure that even a "no ads" option would bring in much money via subscriptions.

Automatic entry to all contests? No thanks, that would skew the results and folks would end up winning things that they don't want. I don't enter all of the contests and I don't want to.

Flames? Heh. Might I suggest that you go elsewhere for that.

Members only forums? Right.. elitists for the lose.

It's an all around bad idea.

~Myskers

• SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

To be perfectly honest, I don't think the freedom to abuse is what a paid memberships is about.
    While mmorpg.com has a big but inactive community, this wouldn't help.

Also according to the poll, people ain't very interested.

IF there was to be a gold membership you can expect it to have the same limitations as any other membership.

I wouldn't pay for one to be honest, there's not THAT many betas out and there's not THAT many competitions. So all that would leave us with would be an extra forum...
    And I wouldn't pay for an extra forum..

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    How about we have a gold forum for the most stupid post  i think you could be the king of that..oops is this classed as a flame maybe i could use the gold membership lol
    Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    I would gladly pay 30$ membership to be put in same place with people that actually understand jokes

• korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616
    Supernerd, what is it with you and those gold stars?! A forum is nothing more than a turn-based chat room where you can spout your own opinion about junk that interests you. Gold stars don't amount to self-worth, you know?
  • AntiheroDAntiheroD Member UncommonPosts: 43

*** Automatic entry into any contest mmorpg.com offers. And actual emails sent out the day before the contest starts so you have a heads up. as it is i generaly dont gethtem til the day after they ahve begun. Not sure why..

*** You immediately become a GOLD member,with TEN stars next to your name (above elite/silver member status)

For as long as you maintain your GOLD membership. No but maybe a little Icon under you name that stats your a gold *member*.. =) start system still confuses me but im sure it works as intended(maybe max points wether you log in here very day or not but not 10 stars...Actually an direction to as how the star system works would be greatly appecated Im to lasy to look my self.

*** You get 9 strikes before perma ban,instead of 3. No 3 strikes is enough.. If you that stupid you dont need to be here

*** You will receive flame rights.10 free flames per year, saying anything you want to anyone about anything with no moderation

or censorship.  No flaming.. dont need that. And as far as saying anything you want they have alrdy proven to me as long as you keep it pg13 they allow you to say anything you want..And Are not directly attacking someone.

*** You will receive free trials/beta invites from mmorpg.com unavailable to non GOLD members. free trials are pretty much a given with all games now.  Now the beta key constest  thing.. Should be broken up.. they get 10 keys.. 5 of which should be contested out to the gold members to insure at least half teh keys are given to ther egold members and the other 5 contested to everyone including gold .. but not A single person cant win two regardless if they are gold member or not.

*** You will have access and be able to read and post in a specia GOLD forum for GOLD members only.Not really sure how usful this would be except that these would be the people they should read post from first due to there willing to fork over money for there opinion to be heard, not to say it will be right.. =)

MMORPG.COM GOLD MEMBERSHIP 12 months=29.99 usd ..$12 is reasonable a yr is reasonable, due to there adds bring in a very large sum of money as it is. Or %30 a month add free..Even though most likely i would keep adds on.. yes i know Im weird... normally I would shut them off..but not here.. actually the and PLing or gold farming adds i would want off they look cool and all but i dont use them ever..

SILVER PLAN:

No middle ground needed. cancel this.

So here is my opinion on it.. .. discuss..
  • SupernerdSupernerd Member Posts: 342
    Originally posted by AntiheroD

*** Automatic entry into any contest mmorpg.com offers. And actual emails sent out the day before the contest starts so you have a heads up. as it is i generaly dont gethtem til the day after they ahve begun. Not sure why..

For as long as you maintain your GOLD membership. No but maybe a little Icon under you name that stats your a gold *member*.. =) start system still confuses me but im sure it works as intended(maybe max points wether you log in here very day or not but not 10 stars...Actually an direction to as how the star system works would be greatly appecated Im to lasy to look my self.

*** You get 9 strikes before perma ban,instead of 3. No 3 strikes is enough.. If you that stupid you dont need to be here

or censorship.  No flaming.. dont need that. And as far as saying anything you want they have alrdy proven to me as long as you keep it pg13 they allow you to say anything you want..And Are not directly attacking someone.

*** You will receive free trials/beta invites from mmorpg.com unavailable to non GOLD members. free trials are pretty much a given with all games now.  Now the beta key constest  thing.. Should be broken up.. they get 10 keys.. 5 of which should be contested out to the gold members to insure at least half teh keys are given to ther egold members and the other 5 contested to everyone including gold .. but not A single person cant win two regardless if they are gold member or not.

*** You will have access and be able to read and post in a specia GOLD forum for GOLD members only.Not really sure how usful this would be except that these would be the people they should read post from first due to there willing to fork over money for there opinion to be heard, not to say it will be right.. =)

MMORPG.COM GOLD MEMBERSHIP 12 months=29.99 usd ..$12 is reasonable a yr is reasonable, due to there adds bring in a very large sum of money as it is. Or %30 a month add free..Even though most likely i would keep adds on.. yes i know Im weird... normally I would shut them off..but not here.. actually the and PLing or gold farming adds i would want off they look cool and all but i dont use them ever..

SILVER PLAN:

No middle ground needed. cancel this.

So here is my opinion on it.. .. discuss..

Looks good to me I guess.

So....

When can i sign up to become a GOLD member?

I'm ready to pay MMORPG.COM the subscription fee right now.
  • ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Originally posted by Supernerd

I would like to suggest anual membership to MMORPG.COM.

I would love to sign up and become a GOLD member.

For anyone not interested in something like this that would be fine,nothing would change for you.

There could even be a Silver plan for those not interested in going all out.

*** Automatic entry into any contest mmorpg.com offers.

For as long as you maintain your GOLD membership.

*** You get 9 strikes before perma ban,instead of 3.

or censorship.

*** You will receive free trials/beta invites from mmorpg.com unavailable to non GOLD members.

*** You will have access and be able to read and post in a specia GOLD forum for GOLD members only.

MMORPG.COM GOLD MEMBERSHIP 12 months=29.99 usd

SILVER PLAN:

** AUTOMATIC entry into any contest mmorpg.com offers

** You immediately become a silver member,with seven stars next to your name(above elite members)

For as long as you maintain your silver membership.

** You receive 6 strikes before perma ban instead of 3.

** You have access to GOLD forum and can read stuff in it;but you can't post anything in the GOLD forum.

MMORPG.COM SILVER MEMBERSHIP 12 months=9.99 usd
    We appreciate your suggestion Supernerd. Please, when making a suggestion, be sure not to suggest anything that happens to go against our rules. Most of these things simply wouldn't work with the way the site has been. All members deserve access to chances of beta invites. The strikes against you will more than likely never be changed and allowing people to flame, just because they pay will also never happen :).

Some of the things you mentioned can probably be done, such as auto entry, Gold member status icon ( not ten stars, lol).
  • DyrttDyrtt Member Posts: 422
    So, if I pay I get to be more of a jackass than non-paying members?  Not interested.  In fact, I think if they did something like that I would probably stop coming to this site.
  • CroseCrose Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by Supernerd

or censorship.
    Congratulations, that's quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read.
  • AtomyAtomy Member UncommonPosts: 76

I like the way things are now, just discussing about games. Everyone having a opinion, maybe tips etc who knows. Its just a online turn-based guild . I wonder if mmorpg tries to lure people in gold member ship hmmm.