Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Read this before you bring out the credit card

jdagjdag Member Posts: 48

I would like to point out that this game is a scam! They have scammed numerous people by this technique. Heres what they do.

You go to the ordering page fill out everything and hit submit. An error page shows up and says the transaction didn't go through. So you fill everything out again and hit submit yet another error. They know its going through but they want to scam you into thinking nothing went through by always setting up a error page. Month later you will find out that the payments went through with two payments but you never recieved the download link or anything to play the game. This has been going on for months now and reported numerous times yet they have done nothing to fix this. Now you tell me if this is a scam or not.

The following is the link to their public support now you be the judge.

http://www.roma-victor.com/community/bb/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=c760c291b99e0a396b9087d4f9a6d877

Comments

• montinmontin Member Posts: 218
    Taking a look at their forum it certainly looks like they are having trouble with their billing system. Though writing that they are scamming people is liable as, from the replies by the game company, it looks like they attempt and fairly quickly to resolve the problems some people has encounted.

The simple rule to remember is if your sending payment details online and you click the 'send' button. Then assume it's gone and the money will be charged to your credit card, because 99%+ of the time that will be the case.
  • duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670
    This is semi-true.  This does happen and it's really surprising that they haven't even bothered to fix it yet.  I got billed 3 times at release.  But if you post in the Account Support forum, you'll get your refund with little fuss.  I did.

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

well though i think the scam is actually selling such a crappy game, to be fair to them its not a scam.

Many online game subs have same issue when the website goes error and it actually accepts the billing but you do not know it.

My recent case was with LOTRO with CM which gave me an error trying to pay and then i  did it again and it went thru.All nice and good but when my CC bill came it showed 2 billings and i had to phone them to clear it up.

So its unfortunate but happens in any mmorpg billing.If it was a case you asked for a refund and did not get it back we can say its  a scam but at the moment its just a mistake which requires you to email/post/phone to rectify .