Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vista help?

Pants52Pants52 Member Posts: 68
Alright, I have vista and it seems my icons have changed....I've fixed some of them, but when i open explore (right-click start menu) all my folders are not folder icons...They are that unknown icon, if some of you know what i am talking about.

I have no idea what to do. I've tried right click and changing icon, but nothing. Anyone have any ideas, or knows what to do.

Comments

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    Ive had this happen to me with the shortcut for Spybot in XP and Vista. I have no idea what caused it or how to fix it, but it eventually fixed itself over time. Try some basic things like Disk Cleanup and Defragment.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679
    Nope, you are doomed. The best thing you can do is /uninstalled vista
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    /uninstall Vista

/install XP

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• Pants52Pants52 Member Posts: 68
    i dunno how to uninstall vista

• Chase05Chase05 Member Posts: 113
    Originally posted by Pants52

i dunno how to uninstall vista
    Format ur drive or partition that vista is on(eg drive C,D)
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Have you tried playing with the "Views" button at the top.  Try the different views to see if that fixes it.  Unlike those poor saps still using XP we can have 7 different looks for our folders.
  • SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    Damn, good idea Flem, I didnt think about trying that. If you have the views set on something like thumbnail, Vista will just make it the default icon instead of the normal one if the normal pic isnt formated to be such a size.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by Flem

Have you tried playing with the "Views" button at the top.  Try the different views to see if that fixes it.  Unlike those poor saps still using XP we can have 7 different looks for our folders.

Are you saying Vista is better than XP? HAHAHAHAHA  A good one!