Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Enterprise

TheScotTheScot Member Posts: 8

Hi,

I just want to allow you to know what the makers of this game are doing to people that have better ideas. As you know, the playerbase is using  a RCE setup (real Cash Economy). and they are obviously bound to the boundries that Mind Ark creates. Mind Ark decided to introduce 5 new banks which you may have read about. These banks were bought at very high prices from recipients including Second Lifes Anshe Chung and Jon Neverdie Jacobs. These Banking systems are a 24 hour 7 day a week way of taking money out on loan. You give your items to the bank and can take the loan. When you pay it back You get your items back. Great concept I agree. Once the banks were sold A group of well respected and very prominent players decided they could offer the same service however offer the rates cheaper because they did not spend money on a building. Mind Arks (well Marco thier brilliant spokesman)statement was to change the operating Name of the group which they did and they are able to operate due to free enterprise. Mindark came back 4 days later and stated if anyone offers these types of services They are considered Scammers in MA's eyes and can be banned. The Community is in a serious Uproar and wants this decision taken back. What this decision amounts to is, you either fork over serious money to Mind Ark. Or you get warned you will be banned for getting in the way.

And in typical Mind Ark Manner They created 2 events sponsored by Mind Ark. This is a usual tactic they use to get the playerbase thinking of something else when they make these unheard of decisions. In most mmo's Events are common place. In Entropia Universe they are once a year. As Well this is only if the player base gets upset and demands events. so two in one week is very obvious.

Please read: For more details.

www.entropiaforum.com/forums/showthread.php

Another reason to run for your life when it comes to Entropia Universe

 

Please be very careful if and when you join this game! Very Careful.

Comments

  • vadvarovadvaro Member Posts: 8

    i don't know if news like this would be considered a valid reason to avoid entropia.  i have never played a online game that the company behind wasn't shady in some way.  from sony and blizzard to the little guys, their only concern is the paycheck.  at least in entropia i can get my money back lol.

    in anycase, the point of the thread on entropia forum isn't so much the ability to have or not have layer ran banks, but the way MA handled the situation.  seems asnhe or the other new bank owners are pulling the ropes now. and the banks were not even wanted or welcomed byu the player group.  we have other desires.

  • LagavulinLagavulin Member Posts: 16

    lol

    The company is protecting the loaning market, just like irl. What is the problem? I think it is good that the company takes resposibility against scammers. Especially when you read the thread and see that there is a banned guy involved. Good for them!

    Control is good. If you want chaos, go to god-awful Secondlife or something.

  • TheScotTheScot Member Posts: 8

     

     

     

    Originally posted by vadvaro


    i don't know if news like this would be considered a valid reason to avoid entropia.  i have never played a online game that the company behind wasn't shady in some way.  from sony and blizzard to the little guys, their only concern is the paycheck.  at least in entropia i can get my money back lol.
    in anycase, the point of the thread on entropia forum isn't so much the ability to have or not have layer ran banks, but the way MA handled the situation.  seems asnhe or the other new bank owners are pulling the ropes now. and the banks were not even wanted or welcomed byu the player group.  we have other desires.

    In non RCE games a company makinging a non moral/ illeagal decision does not really effect people. in that situation it is the difference between being cool or not. There is no real bottom line issue of losing money since it is pay to play.

    No I suppose it may not be a valid reason to avoid the game however know that going into it if you do not have several thousands of dollars to actually "Make a living in a virtual Universe". Understand that any Ideas you have to advance in the game will be manipulated by MindArk on a whim. If you read through the several posts you can see what type of manipulation and doublestandards

     

    Originally posted by Lagavulin


    lol
    The company is protecting the loaning market, just like irl. What is the problem? I think it is good that the company takes resposibility against scammers. Especially when you read the thread and see that there is a banned guy involved. Good for them!
    Control is good. If you want chaos, go to god-awful Secondlife or something.

    MindArks official stance against scamming is "all trades are final". This relinqueshes them from all responsibility to investigate and/or take action against scammers. In Fact if one is scammed by another player in the game they do not even take the moral highground and see if a trade took place. They do not nor have they ever lifted a finger against scammers. So Please do understand that that your point of view would be valid if that was truly what was going on.

    The people which are involved is pretty irrelevant. this decision tells every member of Entropia Universe that they are not able loan thier own money out. the scope is a bit larger than three people.



  • dmalcomdmalcom Member Posts: 12

    I could be wrong, but don't most governments have banking regulations, that require you to be licensed in order to loan money? 

  • Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181
    Originally posted by dmalcom


    I could be wrong, but don't most governments have banking regulations, that require you to be licensed in order to loan money? 

    Yeah, that's what I thought...

    Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

Sign In or Register to comment.