Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Halo MMOFPS

XApotheosisXXApotheosisX Member Posts: 277
I heard on another message board that the Developers of Halo want to turn it into a MMOFPS. Anyone have any news on this?

Comments

• OracleP4OracleP4 Member Posts: 495
    Haven't heard that one, but I think it would be pretty darn cool if they did!  And they could probably do a much better job then Planetside!

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

Like: DAoC, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2, CoH
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

• RasukeRasuke Member Posts: 362
    If it was true it'd be at IGN and I wouldn't be hearing the end of it from all the hopeless Halo fanboys sooo.... yeah, if you wanna make sure go look on IGN...

-------------------------------------------
    Souls.............................

-------------------------------------------
    image image image

• acrobuddyacrobuddy Member UncommonPosts: 66

it would be almost exactly like planetside, cept better, and not much difference between people, i guess it would be cool to have Marines against the aliens(i forget their names at the moment), and at higher levels of experience you become master chief

even though i dont see a Halo MMOFPS getting very far, its still a cool idea, that would be much more fun than planetside is :)

• XApotheosisXXApotheosisX Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by OracleP4
    Haven't heard that one, but I think it would be pretty darn cool if they did!  And they could probably do a much better job then Planetside!

Yeah i play Planetside and I'm looking for another MMOFPS similar to it. I like the Halo style and think it would be a great MMOFPS.

For those of you who loved the 2 player coop version in the original Halo, Halo 2 will have squad coop of at least 4 people, and possibly more via system link and Xbox Live.  Plus in multiplayer you can have a team of Covenant Elites vs. Master Chiefs. Read all this on IGN

-------------------

--OracleP4

-------------------

--OracleP4

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437
    Yea a HALO MMO would be pretty sweet.  But I guess I'll just be playing Planetside until Face of Mankind comes out. image

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• LakotaLakota Member Posts: 6
    Halo is a fun game granted.  But dont you guys think that its over hyped.  Really has it brought anything knew to FPS besides that it is a good one for a consule.  There could be much cooler ideas for a MMo. image

• HypeHype Member CommonPosts: 270

You guys got it ALL wrong.  When someone said on some message board "They're trying to turn halo into a MMFPS" (whatever they said) they were (I almost guarantee) talking about Halo 2 and exaggerating (but only slightly)

I don't know what the actual number for MM is, but the reason Halo 2 isn't out yet is because they want to support 32 vs 32 online play.  With Halo's system and vehicles and maps, that's awful danged close to a MM experience.  If that wasn't enough, they also want the comptuer to be able to support additional bots so that you and 63 of your new friends can take on 64 computer controlled villains on a giant (probably multi terrain) map complete with hoverbikes, tanks and alien gunships.  That's what they were probably talking about when they said "turning Halo into an MMO"

No charge for the inside scoop, guys :)

Service Guarantees Citizenship!

The Illusion of Choice

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Halo is a sweet game but I know for a fact that their can be no such thing. It wouldn't even make sense to the storyline.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• FrozenPheonixFrozenPheonix Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by Hype

You guys got it ALL wrong.  When someone said on some message board "They're trying to turn halo into a MMFPS" (whatever they said) they were (I almost guarantee) talking about Halo 2 and exaggerating (but only slightly)
    I don't know what the actual number for MM is, but the reason Halo 2 isn't out yet is because they want to support 32 vs 32 online play.  With Halo's system and vehicles and maps, that's awful danged close to a MM experience.  If that wasn't enough, they also want the comptuer to be able to support additional bots so that you and 63 of your new friends can take on 64 computer controlled villains on a giant (probably multi terrain) map complete with hoverbikes, tanks and alien gunships.  That's what they were probably talking about when they said "turning Halo into an MMO"

No charge for the inside scoop, guys :)

Service Guarantees Citizenship!

In this months edition of Electronic Gaming Monthly it said 16 vs 16 battles not 32 vs 32

-FrozenPheonix

• zide56zide56 Member Posts: 356
    Oh, no.  I really hope that they're not making a Halo MMORPG (or, "MMOFPS").  Everyone playing would be a complete PITA.  Although, I really wouldn't care, would I?  No.

• MountainDewMountainDew Member Posts: 119
    Pain in the ass, like how Oracle is.

Let Go of My Eggo Bitch!

WOW, random flame much? I haven't even posted to this thread in over a month.  MountainDew, you should really try to find a new theme.

-------------------

--OracleP4

-------------------

--OracleP4

• MountainDewMountainDew Member Posts: 119

Lol i was jk bro

Let Go of My Eggo Bitch!

• HypeHype Member CommonPosts: 270

Originally posted by FrozenPheonix

In this months edition of Electronic Gaming Monthly it said 16 vs 16 battles not 32 vs 32

Oh well, I guess they gave up, image

Perhaps they'll pull it off for Halo 3 :)

The Illusion of Choice

• JutsuJutsu Member Posts: 264

Originally posted by acrobuddy

it would be almost exactly like planetside, cept better, and not much difference between people, i guess it would be cool to have Marines against the aliens(i forget their names at the moment), and at higher levels of experience you become master chief
    even though i dont see a Halo MMOFPS getting very far, its still a cool idea, that would be much more fun than planetside is :)

They're called covenents :P lol im a halo fanboy too... It'd be very awesome if they did put it in a MMO format.. :) and btw... if they were to do that.. there would be ranks..

heres my suggestion:

1st: Private

2nd: Officer

3rd: Sergeant

4th: Commander, etc.

Thats what they should do :P that would make the game a bit more interesting.                                                                     

(o'.')--------oo----('.'o)

• Amd64_FX_53Amd64_FX_53 Member Posts: 421
    That would really suck...It would turn out like Plantside.Anyways Halo isnt that great guys.image

intel sucks even with their 3.6

Imperium Acranum rapped me

• JutsuJutsu Member Posts: 264
    One thing... planetside doesn't have rank names :P