Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customer service.

kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825
Just the word gives me the creeps and makes me go zzzzzzzz mode

My account was hacked less than a week ago and along with that i apparently had a keylogger on my computer so my the email on my account got changed, i phoned blizzard the next day and told them to put the account into suspension till i could sent the verification to them, Photo ID and all that.

But they told me to write a email to [email protected] which ive now did, but like 3 days later still no response from them and this maniac has control of my account.

Anyone ever had to wait so long for them to respond to a email when its your account thats at risk ?

Comments

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

I've never had my account basically under siege like that (that's really harsh by the way, I feel so bad for you /hugs) but I have had to contact Blizzard for CS in the past.

The response was prompt (within 3 hours if I remember correctly) and I got done exactly what needed to be done. In your case, considering the urgency, I would highly suggest you call CS back and really emphasize the urgency of the matter and really go out of your way to demand some service.

In this particular case, it does seem completely unacceptable to be put on the back burner. Remember, squeeky wheel gets the most attention, let's yourself be heard.

• DubazDubaz Member Posts: 112

I don't want to make anyone mad, but your accounts safety starts with yourself.

First of all, people that buy money or powerlvls are the first to get screwed over.
    Next to that, you have to make sure your own pc is safe. Updated Firewalls and Virus protection,updated browsers with integrated security, like popup-blockers or javascript blockers.

www.Firefox.com
    www.Opera.com

What's more, you only obtain keyloggers by accessing insecure sites, downloading infected files, or clicking links without thinking.

Which leaves the possibility of your account being hacked if you shared it with "friends".

Even when your account is returned to you. Your computer has now been infected and you'll somehow have to get rid of the logger. To do this, I'd start with a visual search. ctrl+alt+del, tab to the process explorer and look for anything suspicious running. If you don't know what a running process is, just google it and you'll usually get your answer the first few pages.

Next to that, there's a chance you didn't just obtain a keylogger, but more. It can basically be anything. Finding a suspicious process was step one, this is step two.

Start -> run -> cmd -> netstat -n

Look at the connections running from and into your pc. if there is an enormous amount of them, you might want to re-configure the Firewall you have.
    If there's only a few, don't discard the possibility that one of these can be a malicious connection.

Finding a connection that shouldn't be there can be a bit of a hassle. Games (online ones ) run on different ports than your skype, teamspeak/ventrilo , msn , virusscanner, and even your firewall itself. You'll basically have to do an extended search online to find the ports used by any application that legitly runs on your pc.
    Close any ports that your pc shouldn't be using.

Third, run a Virusscan with the latest updates, do not skip any files or directories.

www.kaspersky.com
    www.norton.com ( wouldn't recommend it, over the years test results have always been the lowest scores for Norton, Kaspersky was in the toptiers.(Not considering freeware) )

Now as a last phase, run a trojan scanner/removal tool. You can get them nearly anywhere, but doublecheck what you download and install.

http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/

If your PC is found clean during these steps and you are absolutely sure not a single being could've guessed your accounts password, you did not share accounts and you did not buy gold or powerlevels. I'd do a format-C, download anything you want to install before accessing the internet ( Tip, drivers for your graphics card, DirectX, motherboard upgrades, Antivirus, a Firewall and a browser ) and burn it on a CD/DVD. Do not access the internet ( remove the cable ) untill you have installed all these.

So again, most of the time it's your own fault when you catch a virus/keylogger, so notice your own actions.

( In the case of "lol I'm no noob I know what to do", I'll just lol more and ask you how you got one in the first place )

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825
    Originally posted by Dubaz

I don't want to make anyone mad, but your accounts safety starts with yourself.
    First of all, people that buy money or powerlvls are the first to get screwed over.

Next to that, you have to make sure your own pc is safe. Updated Firewalls and Virus protection,updated browsers with integrated security, like popup-blockers or javascript blockers.
    www.Firefox.com

www.Opera.com
    What's more, you only obtain keyloggers by accessing insecure sites, downloading infected files, or clicking links without thinking.
    Which leaves the possibility of your account being hacked if you shared it with "friends".
    Even when your account is returned to you. Your computer has now been infected and you'll somehow have to get rid of the logger. To do this, I'd start with a visual search. ctrl+alt+del, tab to the process explorer and look for anything suspicious running. If you don't know what a running process is, just google it and you'll usually get your answer the first few pages.
    Next to that, there's a chance you didn't just obtain a keylogger, but more. It can basically be anything. Finding a suspicious process was step one, this is step two.
    Start -> run -> cmd -> netstat -n
    Look at the connections running from and into your pc. if there is an enormous amount of them, you might want to re-configure the Firewall you have.

If there's only a few, don't discard the possibility that one of these can be a malicious connection.
    Finding a connection that shouldn't be there can be a bit of a hassle. Games (online ones ) run on different ports than your skype, teamspeak/ventrilo , msn , virusscanner, and even your firewall itself. You'll basically have to do an extended search online to find the ports used by any application that legitly runs on your pc.

Close any ports that your pc shouldn't be using.
    Third, run a Virusscan with the latest updates, do not skip any files or directories.
    www.kaspersky.com

www.norton.com ( wouldn't recommend it, over the years test results have always been the lowest scores for Norton, Kaspersky was in the toptiers.(Not considering freeware) )
    Now as a last phase, run a trojan scanner/removal tool. You can get them nearly anywhere, but doublecheck what you download and install.
    http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/
    If your PC is found clean during these steps and you are absolutely sure not a single being could've guessed your accounts password, you did not share accounts and you did not buy gold or powerlevels. I'd do a format-C, download anything you want to install before accessing the internet ( Tip, drivers for your graphics card, DirectX, motherboard upgrades, Antivirus, a Firewall and a browser ) and burn it on a CD/DVD. Do not access the internet ( remove the cable ) untill you have installed all these.

So again, most of the time it's your own fault when you catch a virus/keylogger, so notice your own actions.
    ( In the case of "lol I'm no noob I know what to do", I'll just lol more and ask you how you got one in the first place )
    My computer is clear of any virus's , i wiped my raid drives and restarted everything from 2 weeks back ( windows backup )

But yea one night i was looking for a serial to CnC 3 so i could play with my buddies on hamachi and guess what, bloddy gamecopyworld had been infected so i was shit out of luck there , but my computer are fine now :)

Thanks for all the tips n hints tho but i know all about computer security and the different programs i just wasnt thinking that one night.
    Originally posted by shae

I've never had my account basically under siege like that (that's really harsh by the way, I feel so bad for you /hugs) but I have had to contact Blizzard for CS in the past.
    The response was prompt (within 3 hours if I remember correctly) and I got done exactly what needed to be done. In your case, considering the urgency, I would highly suggest you call CS back and really emphasize the urgency of the matter and really go out of your way to demand some service.
    In this particular case, it does seem completely unacceptable to be put on the back burner. Remember, squeeky wheel gets the most attention, let's yourself be heard.

Yea i've never had to wait for so long before when contacting them , but i guess ill call them again and complain about the long response time , the mail i even wrote to them i put on a high priority mark on with my outlook , but as if that made any sense.
    Wrote them a 4th email now since i can only call them from my work since i only got a cell phone at home, a rigged up phone is not needed for DSL here.

Guess ill just have to wait for a response now.