Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why is this game free

gjarreaugjarreau Member Posts: 7
I read somewhere that it took a lot of money to create this game so why is it free? Will they charge for items/skills? Will they charge later? Is there an ulterior motive, or did someone just decide to give something away

Comments

• ForcanForcan Member UncommonPosts: 700
    They uses Ads, and the item shop system, both of which can make enough money.

As far as I know, they don't charge for skill, but items...  Last I checked, the item shop for 9 Dragons have some clothes, increase xp gain for x amount of time, and ... I think that's about it.  (I'll know if I log on into the game, but I'm not on my gaming pc right now).

As for any "ulterior motive", I doubt it.  Since it is using the same system as it is in Asia (item shop/ads pays for the server and such), it isn't a bad system, just that many doesn't like it.  But it does have a market, and now more and more F2P item-shop MMOs are being ported to the west (US, EU).

Just try it if you wish to see if the game is good.

Current MMO: FFXIV:ARR

Past MMO: Way too many (P2P and F2P)

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    basically instead of having hackers and farmers sell stuff for money in this game the company does it, its like rakion, there are certains you can buy in the game with money you've collected but then there are other better stuff you can buy with real money...
  • cdeepalcdeepal Member UncommonPosts: 148

Because otherwise no one will play it.

Hehe, just kidding. It isn't that bad. But can be improved a lot.

• zajabiszajabis Member Posts: 3
    Becuase of an advertisement in game !!!
  • hellzghosthellzghost Member Posts: 8
    this game is a good game its free cuz its about dragons who infested the world but then their was an accident with chemicals called the t virus then it woke dragons and u have to run through streets killing zombies and spiders god is it fun thats why its free all about dragons from the 9 of apartment 9. i rate it 5 out of 5
  • 9dragonsfan9dragonsfan Member CommonPosts: 16
    its a nice game .. see moves and so on :) i love it :D and they make money with itemmall .... i dont know how many guys buy acclaim coins but it have to be alot of guys :D
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

well liek others have said.. there are ads in game.. plus you can also buy stuff from their mall..

You cant actually buy any super weapons or anything... basically you can get XP boots and some super instant heal postions as well as some cool looking suits :)

so really the main thing you get from it is the xp boost.. and considering this can be quite a long grind it can be worth picking up some coins now and then :)

• doinkermitdoinkermit Member Posts: 36

This game is free because well, no one would pay for its really not that great of a game.

but if you really want you can throw your money at them and buy extra xp

and really good potions

plus they have adds in game

Currently Playing: GW
    Waiting For: Fury, AoC, GW:EN

• celest86celest86 Member Posts: 24

What the heck, do you have to complain about a free game. Free is good, pay is bad