Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pay to beta test kingdom reborn!

2»

Comments

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Actually yes, if you are willing to call EA in the USA then you can get a trial account without credit card.

You need to ask on stratics for the number though.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by CasaFranky

It says:

Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn Beta Test EUR 13,99/mo + first 14 days free

So they actually do bill for a stupid betatest.

2 weeks of freeplay ist not a beta.

FU EA!
    Yes EA suxx ass.

Hopefully they won't mess up Warhammer.

I was going to try UO new KR, but I noticed that you have to pay for it.

I can confirm that you have to pay for 30 days + 14 days free!!!

This is not the right way to do business I am afraid.

Taking the piss of your future customers is not the right way, no, no, no...............

A free trial should be exactly this, no bollocks added.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127
    The reason why they charge like this is to get an idea estimated on how many new true players they are picking up. Even though you don't get charged for it if you cancel before the 14 days it gives them info on how many people actually willing to go through with this to BETA test.

Getting a fair result on how many people are interested in playing Kingdom Reborn must be serious info they are after. Perhaps they have an idea if it is successful then they will redo UO in a new updated setting like current new MMORPG's. Ohh I wish lol, if they did remake UO I would be all over it.
  • Triple3033Triple3033 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by bezado

The reason why they charge like this is to get an idea estimated on how many new true players they are picking up. Even though you don't get charged for it if you cancel before the 14 days it gives them info on how many people actually willing to go through with this to BETA test.

Getting a fair result on how many people are interested in playing Kingdom Reborn must be serious info they are after. Perhaps they have an idea if it is successful then they will redo UO in a new updated setting like current new MMORPG's. Ohh I wish lol, if they did remake UO I would be all over it.

thats not true they not looking on how much people check it out because if that was true they wouldn't be asking for credits for the 15 days trail. because if you really think if they wanted to see how many people get invovle they wouldnt made registration way more easiar and just made it simple so they can really see how much plp get into it. EA GAMES don't really give a damn about small people they just want money is all they want to become like blizzard with World of Warcraft thats all EA GAMES want $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ like blizzard is geting. and thats why they are charging so damn much i mean comon 13$+ for a 2D Isometric MMORPG game. I mean yeah it might of have been based on the same game that started it all but it's still only 2D maybe not simple 2D, they only upgraded there graphics to 2D Isometric and they make it such a big deal and they start charging alot of money at start and they geting $$$ from plp who are playing it and those are people that got money to throw away. thats what EA GAMES wants people like or are willing to give money to game blind people. and i hate ea games has become such idoits like that  instead of this world advancing, its going down from greedyness, rudeness, thiefts, curruption, etc. etc. etc.

• zenthias_rpgzenthias_rpg Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Triple3033

Originally posted by bezado

thats not true they not looking on how much people check it out because if that was true they wouldn't be asking for credits for the 15 days trail. because if you really think if they wanted to see how many people get invovle they wouldnt made registration way more easiar and just made it simple so they can really see how much plp get into it. EA GAMES don't really give a damn about small people they just want money is all they want to become like blizzard with World of Warcraft thats all EA GAMES want $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ like blizzard is geting. and thats why they are charging so damn much i mean comon 13$+ for a 2D Isometric MMORPG game. I mean yeah it might of have been based on the same game that started it all but it's still only 2D maybe not simple 2D, they only upgraded there graphics to 2D Isometric and they make it such a big deal and they start charging alot of money at start and they geting $$$ from plp who are playing it and those are people that got money to throw away. thats what EA GAMES wants people like or are willing to give money to game blind people. and i hate ea games has become such idoits like that  instead of this world advancing, its going down from greedyness, rudeness, thiefts, curruption, etc. etc. etc.

You need some help. Not to mention, a few english courses.

• phenoix63phenoix63 Member Posts: 23

Personally i think EA was just trying to keep a great game running. Just because a company asks for your credit card information to start  a account, doesn't mean they're corrupt.

They've had that entire account set up for years, and year, to change it now would be a pain in the ass, and personally, most people are used to it. You just need to read instead of hitting "next" and thinking everything is as it seems.

I'm playing UO:KR, and personally it's fun, they have a few problems with graphics, and the such, but it's pretty fun to go to your favorite places and look at the new graphics of it.

And if they Redid UO i would play it, but they would have to do better than a WoW-Remake which most MMOs today are out there.

"Peace is in the eye of the beholder"