Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to CoV

tallshortguytallshortguy Member Posts: 92

I'm new to CoV, but I tried the CoH trial about this time last year. I really liked it but my clan decided to do WoW instead so yeah. Anyways I was wondering how hard leveling is, and whether I have to purchase the game from a store after the trial or whether I can just use the trial client and start paying the monthly fee using it. Thanks.

BTW I do plan on subscribing I just need to know if I have to buy the CDs.

In the end, logic and reason always beat out fanboys.

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

You don't have to buy the CDs.  You could download the free 14 days trial MMORPG.com is offering.

But I would recommend buying the CDs for 2 reasons:

- Save download times (and possibles download fees with internet providers sharks)

- The game costs less then the free month it give you.

- The game costs less in store last time I check, but that could always change.

In 100-400 hours of gameplay, you should reach level 50.  Most players would between 200-300 hours.  Earning accolades and precise IOs may take longer or slow down your leveling progression, should you care to earn them.  Notes that accolades record the level at which you earn them...so if you earn an accolade at level 17, everytime you malefactor to level 16-, you lose that accolade...

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

You can dowload the 14-days free trial MMORPG.com is offering.

However, I recommend buying the CDs ($10) for the following reasons:

- Save on the download time (Internet provider shark-rate as well)

- The free month is worth more then the CDs cost.

In 100-400 hours of gameplay, you should be level 50.  Accolades and IOs will add to that time.  Also, accolades record the level at which you earn them...so if you earn an accolade at level 25, each time you malefactore to level 24-, you lose that accolade temporarily.  (accolades give bonus, like 5% bonus hps)

• tallshortguytallshortguy Member Posts: 92
    So if I buy the CDs I have to start a totally new account to use the free 30 days right? Or can I can those days onto my current account that I using the trial on.

In the end, logic and reason always beat out fanboys.

Originally posted by tallshortguy

So if I buy the CDs I have to start a totally new account to use the free 30 days right? Or can I can those days onto my current account that I using the trial on.

You can UPGRADE your existing account with a new game box...however...you will lose the days of the trial from the 30 days.  So for example...if you get the 14 days from MMORPG.com, then upgrade it to a free month, you will get the 14 days + 16 days of free trial (or whatever to make a month).

If you want a full free month, you would have to create a new account...

• JimmyLegsJimmyLegs Member Posts: 361
    Originally posted by Anofalye

Originally posted by tallshortguy

You can UPGRADE your existing account with a new game box...however...you will lose the days of the trial from the 30 days.  So for example...if you get the 14 days from MMORPG.com, then upgrade it to a free month, you will get the 14 days + 16 days of free trial (or whatever to make a month).

If you want a full free month, you would have to create a new account...

Incorrect. I used my account that had 14 days, from this site if I remember correctly. I purchased CoH/V pack that was rought $30 and got a free month (30 days).

This is my account info in days: Created March 23 07, 14 day trial in effect on that day (couldn't find my old account). Purchased Good vs Evil Ed. on April 06 07. Next bill date May 06 07, only charge on the account is for the "box." I even looked at the bank statement and my Expense History in the NCSoft account, only that charge of $29.99.

So yes, you can really get 44 free days, from your 14 day free trail AND the box. If you can find someone with unused buddy keys it's 2 MONTHS of free play, I thought it was 14 days.... bastards lol.

Hope that cleared it up for ya.