Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I enjoy playing Vanguard

ThamorisThamoris Member UncommonPosts: 686

This is just a thread to express to all how much I like playing Vanguard ! I encourage any other happy Vanguard players to post also !

Since before launch I've enjoyed playing and to this day I enjoy playing. My biggest issue is trying to stay focused on one task as there are so many different things I want to do in game. I find it easy to get distracted.

Many was a time when I went on what I thought was a simple crafting quest ends up being an epic adventure. Not because of the crafting quest mind ya...it's from the quests I pick up along the way that usually keep me fighting for many hours before I get back to my orginal quest. I tend to allow myself to become particularly easily distracted while I craft.

I'm playing Vanguard. I like the game alot !  Play Vanguard...the game that sucks less than the rest !

Comments

• Publish6246Publish6246 Member Posts: 346

Only reason i'd play it is cause it does suck less than others but also because of the player housing and the freedom. However the ugly character models just put me off everytime i logged in, just couldn't take it anymore.

That said theres not 1 mmorpg i'd bother playing lol.

-----------------------------

SWG - PrePub9 Jedi mastered all professions - June 26th 2003 > Nov 15th 2005
    EVE Online - 24 million SP - May 6th 2003 > Early 2005
    PlanetSide - BR20 CR5 - May 23rd 2003 > Sept 2003

• UrdigUrdig Member Posts: 1,260

I enjoy playing as well.

Lately I have become much more of a casual gamer, and I still enjoy VG.  I have never seen a game world as realistic as Telon.  The trees blow me away every time I log in, and I've been loging in since prerelease.

Wish Darkfall would release.

• David_RRDavid_RR Member Posts: 134
    I have played Vangaurd on several of the servers and I find very few people to group with and that is the most disturbing thing about the game.  I like the game but so far my main toon dies on every quest and one of my other toons cannot get back to his equipment becaue I need a group to get back to the area where I lost my inventory.  If the game had a bigger player base I would like it more.  Still a good game but right now ranks third behind DDO and LOTR.  I may give spellborn a try and I may also give swords of the new world a try.  And yet, maybe in the end Vanguard may be the game for me.  I really miss the good days of Shadowbane, now that was a good game imo.  Have fun.  Which server do you play when you play Vanguard?
  • **?sephiroth**?sephiroth Member UncommonPosts: 201

I have just started playing and am loving the game so far.  Yes there are bugs but there is still such a good game there, I have been trying a long time to find a game since they killed SWG (something they now regret) and I am thinking that now maybe I have found it :-)

I would advise anyone to try to the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• FischerBlackFischerBlack Member Posts: 573
    Originally posted by David_RR

I have played Vangaurd on several of the servers and I find very few people to group with and that is the most disturbing thing about the game.  I like the game but so far my main toon dies on every quest and one of my other toons cannot get back to his equipment becaue I need a group to get back to the area where I lost my inventory.  If the game had a bigger player base I would like it more.  Still a good game but right now ranks third behind DDO and LOTR.  I may give spellborn a try and I may also give swords of the new world a try.  And yet, maybe in the end Vanguard may be the game for me.  I really miss the good days of Shadowbane, now that was a good game imo.  Have fun.  Which server do you play when you play Vanguard?

I agree that a lack of players on many of the servers has been an issue. Hopefully the server merge is a 2 for 1 across the board deal which will really impove this current shortcoming of the game.

I enjoy playing VG immensly along with the other posters in this thread and have done since the day after launch. Despite its problems I just cant help but have fun playing this game.

• UrdigUrdig Member Posts: 1,260
    Originally posted by David_RR

Summon your corpse at an alter.

Do you have chat enabled for the other continents or just the one you're on; also what level, and server are you playing on.  I imagine it will be difficult to find a group at the lower levels.  I'm noticing that most of the community on Tharridon is 20+.  See a lot of people looking for groups in the mid to uper 20's now.

Wish Darkfall would release.