Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back to VG again!

MorgaurMorgaur Member UncommonPosts: 196

In lack of something else to play I reinstalled, patched and started playing VG again. And actually enjoying it :)

Cya in there

Comments

• Publish6246Publish6246 Member Posts: 346
    I was enjoying it until the community ruined it for me by hacking and not  just like 1 or 2 but like the WHOLE PVP SERVER jsut full of speedhackers/corpse campers and warpers :S Frigging level 50 camping my level 10 corpse saying how much he owns me and how he got 50 in a day :S

-----------------------------

SWG - PrePub9 Jedi mastered all professions - June 26th 2003 > Nov 15th 2005
    EVE Online - 24 million SP - May 6th 2003 > Early 2005
    PlanetSide - BR20 CR5 - May 23rd 2003 > Sept 2003

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462
    Originally posted by Publish6246

I was enjoying it until the community ruined it for me by hacking and not  just like 1 or 2 but like the WHOLE PVP SERVER jsut full of speedhackers/corpse campers and warpers :S Frigging level 50 camping my level 10 corpse saying how much he owns me and how he got 50 in a day :S

Did you expect anything different from the Vanguard PvP lovers? I think what they should do and it can be done (COH does it) is as soon as the higher level attacks the lower level they loose all benefits of the higher level (even PvP ground then). I bet you 1 million dollars to one the so called hardcore PvPers wouldn't be so hardcore then (most would leave if ball field was even).

On a side note you should have told that guy who camped you talking the smack that you had a mother and father that weren't first cousins.

• TedDansonTedDanson Member Posts: 513

Sounds like you are on Varking...because my lvl 18 orc warrior was being camped by not one but FIVE level 50's! They camped me for an hour until I logged, and all I did to them was try to walk into a city....a NEUTRAL city no less. All I wanted was to turn in a quest and they just couldnt accept that.

That day I uninstalled the game as I wasn't super into it anyways, and that was just the last straw.

• anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Originally posted by TedDanson

Sounds like you are on Varking...because my lvl 18 orc warrior was being camped by not one but FIVE level 50's! They camped me for an hour until I logged, and all I did to them was try to walk into a city....a NEUTRAL city no less. All I wanted was to turn in a quest and they just couldnt accept that.

That day I uninstalled the game as I wasn't super into it anyways, and that was just the last straw.

welcome to world pvp - so why again did you pick Varking then if you're just going to cry about pvp?
    Originally posted by anakinsella

welcome to world pvp - so why again did you pick Varking then if you're just going to cry about pvp?

So why again are you an ass to people you don't know over the internet? Oh, because you have insecurities IRL so you take your frustrations out on people via the internet because it is faceless and no one can see that you are ugly, and socially inferior? Yeah....makes sense to me...

I enjoy the challenge of a pvp server, but I do NOT enjoy when 5 people at max level camp me for absolutely no reason other than that they have nothing to do and I am lvl 18.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Thats just sad Ted, well not what you posted afcourse, but those what you said camped you for a hour, really those people really ruine the pvp experiance overall (not just Vanguard you hear about them everywhere unfortunaly), i'm totaly not into pvp anymore as i told this before (other topics) the good pvp spirit (so not talking about he gamemechanics in place for pvp cause from what i also can tell they not that good yet for the hardend pvp'r but again just read not experiance as i do not play pvp) kinda died when internet became mainstream. But still it sad to hear story's of people that act that way ingame. It does not make sence its like they don't want to share their game with others, i can honostly not blame you for leaving bro, you expecting some nice pvp and got squade, well you got something i would call a swarm of wanna-be pvp'r with  mighty camp/gank skills. But still i can't judge that much about pvp in Vanguard as i do not engage or play on a pvp server, reason just explained i just prefure pve and socializing. but hey each his own, hope you'll find a nice pvp game or that AoC or War will turn out the games for you all seeking some good pvp fun.
  • anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228

So why again are you an ass to people you don't know over the internet? Oh, because you have insecurities IRL so you take your frustrations out on people via the internet because it is faceless and no one can see that you are ugly, and socially inferior? Yeah....makes sense to me...

I enjoy the challenge of a pvp server, but I do NOT enjoy when 5 people at max level camp me for absolutely no reason other than that they have nothing to do and I am lvl 18.

What in gods name are you babbling about? So why again are you taking offense to a blatantly neutral statement i made about the point of PVP servers? Oh becuase you're insecure IRL and so you take a defensive stance about everything automatically because you're so used to flame wars on internet forums that you have derealization regarding how real life communications take place? Yeah...makes sense to me...

haha i'm just messing with ya, but seriously i wasn't being an ass...i just don't get people who play on PVP servers and whine about the pvp (hint: corpse camping is part of pvp, don't try to differentiate it, it's just a price you pay to get true pvp), when the player should know full and well the rules regarding the PVP servers, especially seeing as how hardcore the PVP rules are on the PVP servers in VG....you would expect it almost. It's like playing Lineage 2 and complaining about getting PK'd. Don't play the game type if you don't like the stuff that comes with it.

And for the record, i agree corpse camping is retarded, but i would never come to a forum and complain about it and state it as my reason for quiting the game in general. You could have just switched servers :shrug:

What in gods name are you babbling about? So why again are you taking offense to a blatantly neutral statement i made about the point of PVP servers? Oh becuase you're insecure IRL and so you take a defensive stance about everything automatically because you're so used to flame wars on internet forums that you have derealization regarding how real life communications take place? Yeah...makes sense to me...

haha i'm just messing with ya, but seriously i wasn't being an ass...i just don't get people who play on PVP servers and whine about the pvp (hint: corpse camping is part of pvp, don't try to differentiate it, it's just a price you pay to get true pvp), when the player should know full and well the rules regarding the PVP servers, especially seeing as how hardcore the PVP rules are on the PVP servers in VG....you would expect it almost. It's like playing Lineage 2 and complaining about getting PK'd. Don't play the game type if you don't like the stuff that comes with it.

And for the record, i agree corpse camping is retarded, but i would never come to a forum and complain about it and state it as my reason for quiting the game in general. You could have just switched servers :shrug:

That wasn't the reason I quit, it was just the nail in the coffin. I quit mainly because of server population issues vs. forced grouping as I couldn't ever find a decent group in any area. Again, I am totally cool with pvp, hence why I joined a pvp server, but I find it rediculous for 5 people to spend an hour of their time camping one person literally 32 levels lower than them.

And sorry for jumping down your throat, I am just so sick of the attitudes people have who play these games sometimes....

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

spoken like a true griefer......

But back to OP....how are finding the performance these days?  Is it improved since the last time you visited? 

I figure I'll check out the game again one day, probably not on Varking though...(too many people like Anakinsella on it)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• random11random11 Member UncommonPosts: 765
    Well, contrary to my nature, I will be pretty blunt here: this is all due to the fact that the designing team of VG worths ... shit!

It is improper to just slap PvP on a game and call it good world PvP. The game has to be designed around world PvP from day one if they intend to have one such server. Take a look at the development of Age of Conan, with a lot of talk about this, and devs seem to have gone the right way, and designed the world around some features like this.

I mean really, you have to adjust XP, Economy, story line ... many things to world PvP. VG is the prime example of what should not be done in such a case.

Worst of all are the hacks, hacks ruin world PvP, that is for sure, and they haven't tested world PvP prior to launch, so it pretty much sucks now. I came back for some 6 days a week ago, guess what, I got camped for a long time as well, and I got camped by people who didn't even know the game mechanics right, as they were asking questions about it all the time ... at max level. So after having taunted them (obviously they were dumb) for a while, they admitted they bought the accounts from some trading site.

Yeah, this is the proud and mature PvP gaming community of VG, woohoo!!! This could all have been avoided, had the game been designed proper, and had it drawn those people who actually have a right to claim being one of the most mature communities.

AC1 DT, even that was done a lot better, and it was thousands of years ago.
  • DrachonisDrachonis Member Posts: 183

Bullshit unbalanced classes in pvp, GY campers 30 lvs higher than u, and performance, bug, and game issues is why I left this stinking pile of dog crap... I'm gald to see its just gotten worse.  There are better pvp mmos out there.  Vanguard was never suppose to have pvp, and you can tell that.  It just something they tacked on in the end to try and pull more suckers into their incomplete game by saying they have hardcore pvp... hardcore BS is what it is

• CladaClada Member Posts: 168
    Originally posted by Drachonis

Bullshit unbalanced classes in pvp, GY campers 30 lvs higher than u, and performance, bug, and game issues is why I left this stinking pile of dog crap... I'm gald to see its just gotten worse.  There are better pvp mmos out there.  Vanguard was never suppose to have pvp, and you can tell that.  It just something they tacked on in the end to try and pull more suckers into their incomplete game by saying they have hardcore pvp... hardcore BS is what it is
    Why do you even vist the Vanguard forums just to mock the game in every post you make, if its really that bad.  Is it to bad that you gota keep returning to the forums?

------------------------------
    Check out some of the mmo's I have played:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/129987/page/1

PC STATS:
    - Q9550
    - Evga GTX 280 SSC x2 (SLI)
    - 8GB DDR3
    - Nforce 790i Ultra

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    because he likes vanguard now and he can't play PvP anymore because he quit back when it was launched and the higher levels make him pay for that each time he spawns!
  • UrdigUrdig Member Posts: 1,260

I play on Tharridon, and I don't hack.  so your statement that the WHOLE PVP SERVER is wrong.

Unless you're talking about Varking.  Oh wait.  I have a toon there as well. 

Nope, your statement is wrong.

Welcome back to VG!

Wish Darkfall would release.

Well I'm on Flamehammer so I won't get to see you, but once the performance issues are worked out for vanguard on lower end pc's or just people realize it's time to upgrade seeing as you arn't going to get to play your acclaimed AoC either on crappy systems they will come to enjoy Vanguard. It's more then somthing new, every good thing hits a bump along the way. Once the developers cross this coders nightmare that is vanguards source code and fix important bug issues the community will come back alive and flurish in this unique mmo.

• random11random11 Member UncommonPosts: 765
    Originally posted by Goldknyght

Well I'm on Flamehammer so I won't get to see you, but once the performance issues are worked out for vanguard on lower end pc's or just people realize it's time to upgrade seeing as you arn't going to get to play your acclaimed AoC either on crappy systems they will come to enjoy Vanguard. It's more then somthing new, every good thing hits a bump along the way. Once the developers cross this coders nightmare that is vanguards source code and fix important bug issues the community will come back alive and flurish in this unique mmo.
    And here I was thinking the gamers turned all boring and realistic, was I wrong!
    Originally posted by random11

And here I was thinking the gamers turned all boring and realistic, was I wrong!

Well I'm sorry vanguard hurt your pocket books with the 50 bucks you laid down for it. Shoot I'd be lying if i didnt think the same thing when i purchased it. I just started playing this game again yesterday and I'm enjoying it rather well. After about 2-5 minutes in the game my performance issues seem to all but dissappear which leads me to believe i need more ram. So you and the cyborg micheal jackson can make a sexy time with eachother.

Sure AoC will run on PC"s that couldn't run VG.  It's only an xbox360 game to, no way it'll have highs system demands utilizing when it's utilizing some of the latest gfx tech. 

I've been saying it for some time now.  Upgrade now or upgrade when AoC comes out.  Either way you look at it, upgrading is going to be required to play the games that are coming down the pipe.

Originally posted by Urdig

Sure AoC will run on PC"s that couldn't run VG.  It's only an xbox360 game to, no way it'll have highs system demands utilizing when it's utilizing some of the latest gfx tech. 

I've been saying it for some time now.  Upgrade now or upgrade when AoC comes out.  Either way you look at it, upgrading is going to be required to play the games that are coming down the pipe.

Well it is going to use DX10 and people are going to want a DX10 card for the game is what i was going with on that one.

also i know it will use dx9 also just saying your going to want the best.

Originally posted by Urdig

Well it is going to use DX10 and people are going to want a DX10 card for the game is what i was going with on that one.

also i know it will use dx9 also just saying your going to want the best.

No, no.  I was agreeing with you.

AoC is going to take some muscle to run as well.  It's a 360 game and I don't expect it to be toned down for the PC.  We've hit that point were AGP systems aren't going to cut it for some of the games coming out.  PC gamers are going to HAVE to upgrade to keep up in the coming months.

I have to admit.  I was pretty pissed when I walked into Best Buy this past sunday and saw an 8500 (?) card for 219 on the shelf.  My 7950 cost me $350 a few months ago.  I shouda waited a few months and stuck with the x1300 I was using. 

• FischerBlackFischerBlack Member Posts: 573
    Originally posted by Morgaur

In lack of something else to play I reinstalled, patched and started playing VG again. And actually enjoying it :)
    Cya in there
    Welcome back 
  • matraquematraque Member Posts: 1,431

I play on Varking.  I agree that getting ganked by lvl 50's is pretty stupid, but it has to be expected on a PVP server... even if you just want to turn in a quest.

Stay grouped and storm the gates!

eqnext.wikia.com

• matraquematraque Member Posts: 1,431

Originally posted by random11

Well I'm sorry vanguard hurt your pocket books with the 50 bucks you laid down for it. Shoot I'd be lying if i didnt think the same thing when i purchased it. I just started playing this game again yesterday and I'm enjoying it rather well. After about 2-5 minutes in the game my performance issues seem to all but dissappear which leads me to believe i need more ram. So you and the cyborg micheal jackson can make a sexy time with eachother.

LMAO

eqnext.wikia.com

• MorgaurMorgaur Member UncommonPosts: 196

Im not gonna read some of the posts above me. Seen em all before.

All in all Im enjoying Vanguard more now than I did after release. Not sure why, maybe I found my class, maybe the performance is better, or maybe I simply is much more relaxed about the entire Sigil situation than I was in the beginning.

I have an 8800GTS card and know the series are experiencing some problems. But Im running this game on high in the cities and highest quality in the wild. In teams I run the game on High just in case of any troubles/lag etc.

for those of you who are uncertain about the game, try it. You might like it, or you might hate it. But I dont think you will hate it for tech issues, I guess they would be more related to gameplay and what you like yourself.

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

Wow, what a massive hypocrite

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche