Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions for current subscribers

//\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

Question  1:

I quit EQ2 two months before the release of WoW's expansion (roughly 7 months or so).

Why did I quit? I wasn't satisfied with my character's progression. It wasn't the leveling, but the lack of character development (in the form of AA) before endgame.

Is the AA progression still ridiculously slow in the early lvls?

Question 2

I remember how healers were practically invincible unless ganked due to the fact that attacking a player would not automatically place them in combat (out of combat regen).

Are players placed in combat now when attacked by other players?

Question 3:

Solo content.

I remember having to go out of my way to look for solo content post 20; it wasn't quite as bad as Vanguard, but it still wasn't as plentiful as in WoW.

Is there more solo content now?

Thanks in advance.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by //\//\oo

Question  1:
    I quit EQ2 two months before the release of WoW's expansion (roughly 7 months or so).
    Why did I quit? I wasn't satisfied with my character's progression. It wasn't the leveling, but the lack of character development (in the form of AA) before endgame.
    Eh, I found the AA lvl progression to be excellant. For example, if you are a bruiser and your Strength tree was at 4-4-8 you will never ever need to buy another weapon ever again.  Your hands will act as Fabled weapons of your level. Truly devestating.  Necro has a great STA and WIS line that buffs your pet to take on more damage and to dish out  more damage..they also have an AA end power in the rot tree that will take 60% of themobs health instantly (now imagine casting this thing on an epic....imagine the damage). I could go on as each class has some awesome abilities with their trees except for the Defiler.
    God no... its too damn fast. AA lvls 1 to 8 in three hours is just way too fast.  Roll a new toon for Neriak and you'll see.
    Question 2
    I remember how healers were practically invincible unless ganked due to the fact that attacking a player would not automatically place them in combat (out of combat regen).
    I hate EQ2 PvP so I cant really give an accurate comment for that. One thing I can tell you is that there is a reason why 65% of all PvPers are Rangers or Assassins in this game
    Are players placed in combat now when attacked by other players?
    Question 3:
    Solo content.
    I remember having to go out of my way to look for solo content post 20; it wasn't quite as bad as Vanguard, but it still wasn't as plentiful as in WoW.
    Well..for being only 2 months ago, I would assume that there is the same amount of soloing in EQ2. With that said, I never had a problem at all soloing in EQ2 in any zone. I have 5 characters all lvl 70. Bruiser, Warlock, Necro, Warden, and Shadowknight.  I've leveled them all to 70 with about 90% soloing.  The other 10% was grouping for heritage quests so you should be fine when it comes to soloing.

Thanks in advance.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

Originally posted by Enigma

God no... its too damn fast. AA lvls 1 to 8 in three hours is just way too fast.  Roll a new toon for Neriak and you'll see.
    Glad to hear that. I just remember leveling from 1-22 while my quests could barely keep up in color; I did every blue-yellow quest and explored as many high lvl regions (per the portals) as I could. I even turned off my xp (which did not disable AA exp at the time), yet I couldn't manage to get more than 2 AAs. It was very frustrating to have done so many quests with so little gain.
    I hate EQ2 PvP so I cant really give an accurate comment for that. One thing I can tell you is that there is a reason why 65% of all PvPers are Rangers or Assassins in this game
    Sounds like evacs are still ueber

Well..for being only 2 months ago, I would assume that there is the same amount of soloing in EQ2. With that said, I never had a problem at all soloing in EQ2 in any zone. I have 5 characters all lvl 70. Bruiser, Warlock, Necro, Warden, and Shadowknight.  I've leveled them all to 70 with about 90% soloing.  The other 10% was grouping for heritage quests so you should be fine when it comes to soloing.

In any case, thanks for the info, Enigma.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.