Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going to Give It a Try.... What to Roll?

I have decided to give VG a shot.  In EQ1 I loved being a bard for the super fast running fun.  I also liked being a ranger for the silly melee DPS. 

In WoW I love my Warlock for his ability to destroy everything in sight.

I have always enjoyed "solo" classes.

That being said, any suggestions on what I should roll?  Also dont limit your suggestions to just my past characters.

Tell me what is FUN to play in VG.  This is the main thing that keeps me in an MMO, the shear joy of playing my toon.

Thanks for any info on any classes!!!!

Comments

• FischerBlackFischerBlack Member Posts: 573

I think the Bard and Ranger are both great choices in VG for the reasons you mentioned - and both pretty fun. I dont think either of them are really very solo friendly in VG though.

I think the 2 great solo classes are the Cleric and Necro atm - and both are pretty fun to play. Also with a cleric you'll be loved by groups because of your awesome buffs. I think Shaman is another good choice with his run speed buff and pet. Also Psions are pretty cool with their host of CC abilities.

Good luck choosing your class and welcome to Telon

• naharinahari Member Posts: 19
    if you want challenge, try a warrior ) *chop chop*
  • //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

The necro plays somewhat like a warlock, since you have the same basic DOT layer mechanism you had in WoW. Unfortunately you don't have the big variety of pets you can use situationally like you did in WoW (i.e. the succubus to charm, the VW to tank/pvp vs. rogues, the doomguard to grind).

The bloodmage might interest you, since it is sort of a combination of  a WoW rogue, priest and warlock: The bloodmage has something called a blood union (like rogue combo points) that can be used up to perform a special attack (scarlet ritual, kind of like eviscerate with the WoW rogue). The blood union is increased over time if you are in damage form and is also increased by certain spells. Bloodmages not only deal lots of damage, but can function as healers to others (they heal themselves through their heals, or through life drains); this requires, however, that they switch forms (sort of like a priest in WoW that could switch between shadow and normal forms, only there is no penalty in the switching yet in Vanguard for bloodmages), since one of their forms favors damage and antoher favors healing (there is a neutral form as well).

Bloodmages also get an invulnerability bubble (sort of like a paladin's in WoW) and dots to finish the job if their powerful nukes/finishers can't do it.

The VG rogue is similar to the WoW rogue, but without the combopoints. The poisons, however, are a complete grindfest and you might find yourself spending more time making poisons than leveling at one point in the game if you choose one. However, in the endgame (and in pvp), your burst damage is the best in the game.

Bards in this game can run very fast as well, but I didn't particularly enjoy them. The best thing to do if you'd like to be on the safe side is to go to www.silkyvenom.com and look up the skills. Some of them haven't been updated, but the basics of the class will be known to you.

Happy hunting.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.