Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

360 release?

rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 151
When is this coming to the 360, screw PC, I love my xbox controller and ability to link with a good headset instantly with my friends.

Comments

• AbhinandaAbhinanda Member Posts: 56
    I'm not 100% but i think they said they will get it done for the PC then look into puting it on the 360. Headset works for PC too?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    i was under the impression they were releasing at the same time. Due to the fact that the xbox360 chars are on same servers as the PC players.
  • AbhinandaAbhinanda Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by Goldknyght

i was under the impression they were releasing at the same time. Due to the fact that the xbox360 chars are on same servers as the PC players.
    That doesn't have to have anything to do with when it release. That's just how it will be handled.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rockumrockum Member Posts: 54
    When Age of Conan hits Xbox 360 is just going to be a RPG game or will it have online Content, and if so will players be able to play on the same servers as people playing the game on the PC?
  • amousamous Member Posts: 169
    The question is if the xbox and pc players can play on the same server will th exbox players need a key to get on the pc server,like FFXI.

• ScriarScriar Member Posts: 772
    If they release this for the xbox 360 or any other console i hope they don't dumb it down even more, apparently those that choose to play on consoles are idiots so every game that goes to them is simplified
  • montinmontin Member Posts: 218
    Considering how mmorpg companies stick to their so called release dates. Then I'm not expecting to see this game until late 2008 if not 2009 So I expect there will be something better than the 360 about by the time this game is out. Hence dont hold your breath as they probably will never release it for the 360. I just hope I'm wrong because I'm waiting for this game.
  • PaninPanin Member Posts: 17
    I'm going to play AOC on Xbox, but with a keyboard. Extra cost, but I'm sure noone would want to hear my weid accent.

Besides, it can really spoil the mood then you're enjoying the beautiful world, and suddenly you hear a methalic voice: "Free stuff please!"
  • deplorabledeplorable Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by rmeyer

When is this coming to the 360, screw PC, I love my xbox controller and ability to link with a good headset instantly with my friends.

just got my three rings on red.... mine has just died :( after 3 months

which is annoying because i still own my original xbox from launch day in the UK.. and that's WITH the thompson drive still purring nicely.

*mutters* stupid cheap peice of..... and shadowrun comes later today... there is NO god :-p

love my 360 though.

• Aetern-eAetern-e Member UncommonPosts: 77
    What's the point with everyone hating Xbox players getting into AoC? I think that's my choice, since I have a laptop and I don't think I'll ever be able to fully play AoC. Perhaps at lowest graphic settings possible, so my 360 is what can make my drooling dreams come true..
  • The_ArchonThe_Archon Member Posts: 49

It's just the same old battle between console fans and big-rig fans, nothing more.  Personally I avoid consoles specifically because I like complex games like MMO properties, not fighting games or racing games.  And that's the rub... fans of the MMO in general are worried that in order to make money off 360 owners (or PS3, or whatever), they'll have to make 360 players competitive with PC owners in-game, and that almost always means dumbing things down in favor of the 360.  Sorry, but it's true.  Oblivion is a great example... that game could have been so much better if the interface wasn't tailored to console controllers.

Originally posted by The_Archon

It's just the same old battle between console fans and big-rig fans, nothing more.  Personally I avoid consoles specifically because I like complex games like MMO properties, not fighting games or racing games.  And that's the rub... fans of the MMO in general are worried that in order to make money off 360 owners (or PS3, or whatever), they'll have to make 360 players competitive with PC owners in-game, and that almost always means dumbing things down in favor of the 360.  Sorry, but it's true.  Oblivion is a great example... that game could have been so much better if the interface wasn't tailored to console controllers.

TFLO (true fantasy live online) was going to change that, an MMO only built for a console [the orginal and bulky xbox]. Microsoft went backwards with the 360 by taking out the HD as standard, of course now... you can't even buy one without a HD since microsoft are phasing them out. (bunch of morons sometimes)

Level 5 are still annoyed Microsoft dumped them because it was taking "too long" and during  the end of the beta phase.

So level 5, went over to sony, and they're the ones making "White Knight Story", which looks fantastic.

Oblivion for the 360 was nice, i just prefer the PC version because of the amount of mods and downloads... finally the water looks much better.

• The_ArchonThe_Archon Member Posts: 49
    Yes I'll agree there, MMO games designed SOLELY for consoles will have no game or UI disparities.  It's the integration that worries me.

• VaedurVaedur Member Posts: 430
    Originally posted by deplorable

which is annoying because i still own my original xbox from launch day in the UK.. and that's WITH the thompson drive still purring nicely.

*mutters* stupid cheap peice of..... and shadowrun comes later today... there is NO god :-p

love my 360 though.

Hey guess what, xbox just annoucened that ALL warrenties are extended to 1 year, so give them a call, they will send you a box with shipping to them, fix it free, and you'll be all set with NO cost to you, when they fixed my xbox 1, they asked me if i owned a few games, and slipped the orgininal halo in there to "be nice" Microsoft is great w/ console support so call them Deplorable.

vaedur
    Originally posted by The_Archon

Yes I'll agree there, MMO games designed SOLELY for consoles will have no game or UI disparities.  It's the integration that worries me.

Microsoft found out the hard way, that when that happens, it takes too long because a consoles normal lifespan at the time of the xbox was 5 years. Of course the PS2, did kinda beat that format.

An MMO designed soley for a console, just wouldn't work.... microsofts next tactic was of course using FFXI, because it had already been formatted for the PS2. Not exactly a great choice by the time it was released.

I like my console, i just prefer FPS's on it and adventure games... i'm not into the whole MMO on a console, even if the new keyboard that fits into the controller looks kinda funky.

Microsoft still makes me laugh, i own the original Halo (only on xbox) and splinter cell (only on xbox), didn't take those franchises long to realise they can't make money if they're not multi-formatted. One went to PC, the other.. anyone who flashed money at them, (ubisoft at it's best)

Look at Blizzard, how do we make money on an MMO that not many have tried... make our game for the MAC too... genius.

Originally posted by Vaedur

Originally posted by deplorable

love my 360 though.

Hey guess what, xbox just annoucened that ALL warrenties are extended to 1 year, so give them a call, they will send you a box with shipping to them, fix it free, and you'll be all set with NO cost to you, when they fixed my xbox 1, they asked me if i owned a few games, and slipped the orgininal halo in there to "be nice" Microsoft is great w/ console support so call them Deplorable.

vaedur

LOL.. omg... i had just did when you posted that.

yeah.. they're sending me out some labels and a couriers number... and doubley made sure just to have my 360 by itself in a box.

15 business days and it'll be returned to me as good as new, and i don't lose any saved games..... ooooh *looks at shadowrun* .... hmm... must be patient.... :-p

• VaedurVaedur Member Posts: 430
    Yeah for all it's flaws.. Xbox/xbox 360 and their support for it is not one of microsofts..

it's good to see that company does something the "right way"

Good luck and have fun with shadowrun :)

vaedur
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    I've given up on dreams of playing this on 360 without having to buy a new PC. There really is no official info on the 360 version, its out next year and it might have join servers, if they do they will have the option of being on a joint or single server for both pc and 360 players. its gona be a very long wait till 360 version, so don't "hold your breath", i'm saving for a pc. I find funcom very disapointing only in this 360 aspect.

My blog: image

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by Zeramact11

What's the point with everyone hating Xbox players getting into AoC? I think that's my choice, since I have a laptop and I don't think I'll ever be able to fully play AoC. Perhaps at lowest graphic settings possible, so my 360 is what can make my drooling dreams come true..
    agree, after watching videos of how beautiful the game is its depressing you'll need a state of the art very pricy pc to play it like that.... but when it comes out on 360 graphics like that become available to everyone.

My blog: image

• bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722
    What I like about the counsel is that everyone is pretty much on the same playing ground, and haveing the same play experince.
  • LilfurbalLilfurbal Member Posts: 115
    Originally posted by Panin

I'm going to play AOC on Xbox, but with a keyboard. Extra cost, but I'm sure noone would want to hear my weid accent.

Besides, it can really spoil the mood then you're enjoying the beautiful world, and suddenly you hear a methalic voice: "Free stuff please!"

Lol

I don't understand how the headset for the 360 will work.  For other games to my knowledge it just works for everyone by default.  This game is not like other games, the entire server all talking on the headset at the same time is not viable.  Not to mention you really need a keyboard to type things in anyway, or you could never reply to PMs or compose mail in the mailbox.  And if xbox 360 players are on the same servers as PC players, then the 360 players MUST have keyboards if they ever want to communicate with the other half of the population.  I can't imagine how this all would work out. 

Personally I don't like using head sets anyway.  I don't prefer people to be talking to me and I don't like talking to other people while I want to sit down and play a game.  I want to hear the sound and music.  This game apparently will have 7.1 surround sound.  I want to hear the game sounds, not low quality voice chat.  :o

• CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

While I really like my 360, you won't find me playing AoC on it.  PC graphics are just that much better and the controls really make a difference.    Besides the game will be out 6 months before the console version is ready, not waiting that long to play.

If you don't have a keyboard, expect to get kicked from groups, some PC players won't play with console players and it is easy to tell if you can't type.

• werstingwersting Member Posts: 7
    First of all Lilfurbal, if you don't like headset why bother one?

Second, you can insert a keyboard to your xbox and you can even buy one to have on your controller.

But the headset would probably be the most used communication, if you don't like to use the xbox 360 you can still communicate to PC users with either write, or you use your computers headset and use ventrilo or temspeak.

So don't tell me the 360 users can't play with the PC users :P