Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loremaster

Is Loremaster a good class to roll if you want to be able to heal but don't want to be a heal bot.

Comments

• NevarionNevarion Member Posts: 274
    That would be Captain I guess. Minstrel is the core healer.
  • TalynTalyn Member UncommonPosts: 587

Loremaster's have a heal but it's fairly weak in the big scheme of things, and has a significant cooldown so it's mostly good for an emergency backup heal. Otherwise crowd control is the Loremaster's primary function.

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144
    Loremasters are great for keeping the groups power up not really its morale although they do heal from time to time.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    They have a single target heal that can only be used on a pet or ally (not on the LM himself).  It's a solid heal, but on a really long cool down (a minute or something like that).  At higher levels they get the ability to put a DoT heal on themselves.  They also gain abilities for curing certain status effects (in fact, they can cure more status effects than any other class...oddly).  Other than that, I don't think they get any more healing abilities.  They are healers of last resort (at best). 

If you want to be able to heal in a pinch, but to suck so badly at it that no sane party would ever invite you just for your heals, a LM is actually a good choice.  If you want to be a competent backup healer, a Captain is a better choice.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• tester80tester80 Member Posts: 2
    No, the cooldown is 30 sec., but you can get it down to 20sec. and nearly instant cast time, if skilled. around lvl 30+ it was about a 500 morale heal, and its very useful if you cant get a ministrel or captain in the group. yes, its supposed to be more of an emergency heal(saving your ministrel etc.), but skilled it becomes a great single target heal and you turn into a good off healer.

edit: forgot something, combined with your debuffs and crowd control, you can do alot of group stuff without a ministrel or captain.
  • loremaster has a summon bear and raven skill, a good meat shield. also there buffs are really good. not a main damage character though
  • ferthalaferthala Member Posts: 129

I agree with most of the previous comments. I only wanted to add that LM is a fun class to play, and nice to solo. 

I havent tried the other classes yet, so i cant compare them, but LM are fun

• DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616
    I'm playing a Captain now, and I hate to cast the heal. The casting time is far too long, and as a tank, getting hit delays it even further. My favorite partner in a group is a Loremaster though. Together we can cover the heals for just about any encounter in the game. Since the Captains use tons of power, the Loremaster's power transfers are great as well. The Loremaster heal is far stronger but has a recast on it.