Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning Player

w175jabw175jab Member Posts: 239

Hey

I decided to give WOW another go...

I decided to go Night Elf Druid and am really enjoying it finally.  The servers are packed and people are generally friendly so far.

Just thought I'd drop a line...

I've seen mixed commentary regarding the state of WOW... I'd just like to say that it is VERY alive.

Comments

• RedmowRedmow Member Posts: 196

I currently play LOTRO and enjoy it very much. I enjoyed EQ2 and WoW. Think I might load up WoW again just for the fun of it.

I know people post hate on this game and really all games. I enjoy them for what they have and what they offer. If you get caught up in the hate, it's real easy to become disillusioned. So, I just go in to have fun.

Think I will roll up a Blood Elf Warrior.

• swencroswencro Member Posts: 11

Is the LOTR better than WoW ?

Originally posted by Redmow

I currently play LOTRO and enjoy it very much. I enjoyed EQ2 and WoW. Think I might load up WoW again just for the fun of it.

I know people post hate on this game and really all games. I enjoy them for what they have and what they offer. If you get caught up in the hate, it's real easy to become disillusioned. So, I just go in to have fun.

• lobeslobes Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by w175jab

Hey
    I decided to give WOW another go...
    I decided to go Night Elf Druid and am really enjoying it finally.  The servers are packed and people are generally friendly so far.
    Just thought I'd drop a line...
    I've seen mixed commentary regarding the state of WOW... I'd just like to say that it is VERY alive.
    The BC 10-day trial sucked me back in. I quit a little over a year ago, but now I'm back, and I must say, I still really love this game.

I don't remember how to do a dang thing though, so it will take a while for me to learn the ropes again, and catch up on all the new content.
  • tdubtdub Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by swencro

Is the LOTR better than WoW ?

in my opinion Lotro was just a rip of wow.. it has its strong points.... I.E Traits and Titles thats about it all then that it reminds me of EQ2 but lower in the food chain ..... but looks like a 5start meal

99.00001% of the time I dont know what im saying
    99.99% of the time I know I spelled the word wrong or repeated a sentence.. I did it so you can better your grammar
    100.00% of the time if to many people post after my post very mad ill most likely with a 5% chance saying something like ....""

100.00% of the time I lack sleep and magical things come out of my head and type my posts for me? Please yell at the magical things not me... I am but a puppet

• tdubtdub Member Posts: 203

BE's can't be warriors your best bet is rolling a BE pally or Orc warrior and leveling in BE starting zone since its a sweet place

99.00001% of the time I dont know what im saying
    99.99% of the time I know I spelled the word wrong or repeated a sentence.. I did it so you can better your grammar
    100.00% of the time if to many people post after my post very mad ill most likely with a 5% chance saying something like ....""

100.00% of the time I lack sleep and magical things come out of my head and type my posts for me? Please yell at the magical things not me... I am but a puppet

• w175jabw175jab Member Posts: 239

Quit WOW.

The crowd is incredibly rude lately... guess it is spilling over into this thread as well.

• Jerva5483Jerva5483 Member Posts: 3

I've recently come back also...after being gone a little under a year.

I forgot how amazing this game was.  How well polished and innovative it is.

All these people complaining on things that are just so trivial.  Little things that don't matter.  If they just sat back and played the game...didn't go to the forums and just played...they would have a good time. 

Another thing I would recommend and I've done it...one in DAOC and once in FFXI...start completely over...erase all your characters and start over or go to a new server and leave the old one behind for a while.

• RizlawRizlaw Member UncommonPosts: 150

I don't think there is much criticism directed at WoW. The criticism that does exist seems to have been blown out of proportion.

WoW is the leading MMORPG available.

• PrebThorPrebThor Member UncommonPosts: 452

I agree. After a 18 month pause from World of Warcraft playing Guild Wars instead I am now back again and having a blast. I have also gotten heavily into PvP which I am enjoying very much, and wish I would have gotten into that part right from the start; you get a whole different perspective on how to play your character, which you then can apply to PvE to be even more effective when leveling, handling difficult situations, etc. Regardless of the immature community (every game has one) I think World of Warcraft is a great game.

• IzidaIzida Member Posts: 1

I shouldn't have started WOW, haha. Its so addictive :P i am not much in the RPGs(or the games at all in fact) but this game is just...perfect...at least for me :) i don't play from 2 weeks now and im thinking of getting the game back =) And about the people playing..its really weird cause there are some guys that take the game so seriously n if they die they start swearing around n stuff...which is kind of annoying, but i guess everyone is just used to it.. :/