Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GE vs SoTNW

RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

I while back i tested GE and i found it to be a very fun game. It brought something new to the table and i think its an overall good game. This has probably been asked millions of times but if you dont mind....aside fromt he title are there any key differences between the two?

It is my understanding that GE is for asia and SoTNW is the american release and due to some licencing issue the name had to be changed or something. Are both games avalable for US based players or will GE block US IPs etc. I know GE is free in korea but what is the model for SoTNW?....what is the model for GE in thailand? (or indoneria? nt rly sure btu it was understanding that the international version would be based on one of those; if i am wrong im sry).

Any help would be appreciated ty.

Comments

• tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446

I understand you may not see or have looked up company names but please refer to this post http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/128011/page/1

Its been active all night regarding this same issue.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Rehmes

I while back i tested GE and i found it to be a very fun game. It brought something new to the table and i think its an overall good game. This has probably been asked millions of times but if you dont mind....aside fromt he title are there any key differences between the two?
    It is my understanding that GE is for asia and SoTNW is the american release and due to some licencing issue the name had to be changed or something. Are both games avalable for US based players or will GE block US IPs etc. I know GE is free in korea but what is the model for SoTNW?....what is the model for GE in thailand? (or indoneria? nt rly sure btu it was understanding that the international version would be based on one of those; if i am wrong im sry).
    Any help would be appreciated ty.
    For now, Granado Espada singapore is avaible for US players, but keep in mind that you are not in their license area. they can block US IP's. It could be possible US IP's get blocked at a later time, because they are taking away players from SotNW:GE.

SotNW will have a box purchase of 20$, a monthly fee of 9$ and an item shop. The item shop items are unknown yet, but I assume they are different from the item shop items in other versions. I think it will be things like extra item customization, or more UPC's. Not Exp boosters or damage boosters.
  • tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446
    Gamesloading, The amout of Time and posts I see you posting FOR SOFTW makes me think you work for them! lol..   Not saying you do... Just a huge fan Im assuming?
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by tylerwick

Gamesloading, The amout of Time and posts I see you posting FOR SOFTW makes me think you work for them! lol..   Not saying you do... Just a huge fan Im assuming?
    Yup, I have been waiting for this game for years now. At first I had a negative attitude against K2 network and SotNW:GE. However I changed my mind a while ago. I'm really impressed by how K2 network is handling the game so far. They actually listen to the playerbase, and they are very involved with the community.