Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Been around the world and I I I....

arachnid69arachnid69 Member Posts: 6
I been looking for a good online to play for quite a while. Been through about every MMORPG known.

My big games used to be Diablo, and Runescape as far as fantasy games went.

So it looks like i'm a moron for never noticing Guild Wars. How I could have overlooked this game for the past 2 years is beyond me, it fits the bill of the kind of game i've been wanting to play much better than alot of those pay MMORPG's I invested/wated time in.

Sure things could be better about this game and a bit more open, but for where i've been this is the next evolutionary step I was looking for, or at least alot closer than most the other games out there at the moment.

The graphics and presentation is pretty top notch, and so far i'm liking alot better than what else I've been playing.

Can't believe I overlooked this game for so long. This is where I should have been the whole time.

Comments

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    wait till you see whats in store for GW2!

we just have to bare through 1 more expansion to get to GW2

• brownspankbrownspank Member Posts: 247

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

1 more expansion, and 2 years of waiting (or beta-testing, if you're lucky). Although, I doubt they'll let a couple of years go by without at least a Sorrow's Furnace-type update, or (crosses fingers) another expansion.

Anyway, I hope OP finds RPG happiness in Tyria. :)

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    Originally posted by brownspank

1 more expansion, and 2 years of waiting (or beta-testing, if you're lucky). Although, I doubt they'll let a couple of years go by without at least a Sorrow's Furnace-type update, or (crosses fingers) another expansion.

GW2 is planed for 2nd half of 2008 and the 4th expansion will be last quarter of 2007

and yeah lets hope they pop in a good patch in there

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by brownspank

GW2 is planed for 2nd half of 2008 and the 4th expansion will be last quarter of 2007

and yeah lets hope they pop in a good patch in there

Actually GW2 beta is planned for 2nd half of 2008 and Eye of The North expansion is due out Q3 of this year. But either way it is still a decent wait til GW2. I am sure they will do an excellent job. If GW2 is a good success it will sure make some people think about paying a monlthy fee for repetitive content most other MMO's give you including expansions.
  • brownspankbrownspank Member Posts: 247

Originally posted by SaintViktor
    If GW2 is a good success it will sure make some people think about paying a monlthy fee for repetitive content most other MMO's give you including expansions.

Shhh, don't anger the the masses of WoW; they are huge in numbers, they will easily crush us with their flying mounts and multiple races. >:)

But thanks for the clarification on dates. Was only aware of the planned release date of GW2, and not the beta, which I hope is relatively easy to get into.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    in my opinion buddy you wouldnt be a fan of gw, u see gw system isnt very much like anything uv seen before, if u liked diablo and runescape like me when u play gw u will be shocked and confused on how it works, luckily im open minded so i actually enjoyed the game but if liked runescape style then my suggestion is lineage 2, in gw u have instanced pvp where as lineage 2 u have pking like in rs :) hope it helps