Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

give me Krynn!

MorrakMorrak Member Posts: 31
why is there no dragonlance mmo? i guess marg and tracey just havent given out the rights yet? an mmo based off of the world of krynn would totally frakin rock!

Comments

• DemonZealotDemonZealot Member Posts: 173

-10k cool points for saying "frak"

• awwjwahawwjwah Member Posts: 11
    I'd play it if it wasn't made by Sony.
  • WarpHunterWarpHunter Member Posts: 147
    Only if it was the other side of the world in Taladas instead of in Ansalon. Taladas was a much cooler campaign world then Ansalon was.

Warp

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

If they base it on teh AD&d 2nd edition ruleset I'd be in heaven if they released an MMO within the Dragonlance rulesets.

Krynn / Ansalon here we come ... I hope..

I'd be as happy as a pig in mud...

• SapperbombSapperbomb Member Posts: 29
    I'd be happy if Turbine nor SOE made it.
  • Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Bring on an MMO based on the original D&D wold - GREYHAWK !!!!

Imagine adventures such as White Plume Mountain, the Giants/Drow series and the greatest single dungeon of all time, the mighty TOMB OF HORRORS.
  • slivilslivil Member CommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by Morrak

why is there no dragonlance mmo? i guess marg and tracey just havent given out the rights yet? an mmo based off of the world of krynn would totally frakin rock!
    If you like Dragonlance then you would like to know they are putting out a movie straight to DvD. Based on the first book DOAT  (Dragons of Autumn Twilight) movie this year. The movie is animated but none the less still a movie. But still a Dragonlance MMO would be great. And please don't let it be anything remotely put together like DDO. Don't get me wrong it's a decent game but it fails in so many ways.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Yes those were the days AdnD Gold box series level 1 mage with 3hp , and a goblin hits you with a single arrow dead... :)

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Originally posted by eagle4x4

Imagine adventures such as White Plume Mountain, the Giants/Drow series and the greatest single dungeon of all time, the mighty TOMB OF HORRORS.

Ughh.  I don't think anyone else here is old enough to know what I am talking about here
  • odragonodragon Member Posts: 106

I believe thier concentration is the Dragonlance Animation movie that is coming this fall.

• airtrent73airtrent73 Member Posts: 7

Ughh.  I don't think anyone else here is old enough to know what I am talking about here I am. I played a few adventures in Greyhawk. Unfortunately, I was a late comer to the D&D game at by the time I got into it, Realms had started getting most of the attention, so that's what my group played most of the time.

I agree, Greyhawk would make the best MMO world of the D&D worlds out available. But let's face it, we're considered 'old farts' in D&D circles. The 3.5 ruleset is the standard now and Greyhawk is considered an antique. :(
  • montinmontin Member Posts: 218

Ughh.  I don't think anyone else here is old enough to know what I am talking about here I'm not sure if it's a good things but I certainly remember I remember well the joy of rolling a d4 when my wizard leveled up to see how many hps he got and he got the whole 4. hehe. And wandering through Keep on the borderlands, the orginal that is. In fact I think I still have it somwhere. Anyway I'm rambling.

Give me Krynn. Oh yes. I love it
  • SafetyDanSafetyDan Member Posts: 6
    I would also love to see an MMO made in Krynn  :)  We have yet to see a really great implementation of any of the D&D based worlds or rulesets in an MMO and I eagerly await the first incarnation of such a game...
  • BigBlackWookBigBlackWook Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by WarpHunter

Only if it was the other side of the world in Taladas instead of in Ansalon. Taladas was a much cooler campaign world then Ansalon was.

Alright, if you can go into a club and pick up a girl by explaining to her exactly why Taladas was a better campaign setting than Ansalon I will throw away all my christian iconography and proclaim you as my new god.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433
    Originally posted by awwjwah

I'd play it if it wasn't made by Sony.

I don't care who makes it...

As long as they don't put some raiding enforcement in it, I would play it.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616

The main problem with Dragonlance is that the stories are all very complete. The great heroes of the ages have already done everything, solved all the quest, taken part in all the great battles. There's nothing left on Krynn for other adventurers to do. You'd end up with a game that was similar to LotRO, where players take a backdrop to greater events.

Personally I find Krynn to be a very limited world, and wouldn't play it as a MMO.
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433
    Originally posted by korvass

The main problem with Dragonlance is that the stories are all very complete. The great heroes of the ages have already done everything, solved all the quest, taken part in all the great battles. There's nothing left on Krynn for other adventurers to do. You'd end up with a game that was similar to LotRO, where players take a backdrop to greater events.

Personally I find Krynn to be a very limited world, and wouldn't play it as a MMO.

I disagree, and here is why:

- You are referring to a precise age only.  It would be possible to be in a different era althogether.

- You are referring to a precise area only.  What about the land of the Minotaurs?  Other continents?

- Go play the Gold Boxes and tell me there was no epic fights in the Dark Queen of Krynn?  I recall fighting 24 colossal Wyrms at once...

So many things are left blank and unwritten, you can do whatever you want in these...what if you would be part of the adventure that make Lord Soth what he is now?  What if it was indirectly your fault?

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Anofalye

I disagree, and here is why:

- You are referring to a precise age only.  It would be possible to be in a different era althogether.

- You are referring to a precise area only.  What about the land of the Minotaurs?  Other continents?

- Go play the Gold Boxes and tell me there was no epic fights in the Dark Queen of Krynn?  I recall fighting 24 colossal Wyrms at once...

So many things are left blank and unwritten, you can do whatever you want in these...what if you would be part of the adventure that make Lord Soth what he is now?  What if it was indirectly your fault?

DQoK never worked on my pc / ' :

With that written, I would love to gallop across Krynn.  I (and I'm sure many others) were very bummed when the DLA modders decided they couldn't succeed in creating modpaks for NWN1.

• korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616
    There are what, in excess of 50 Dragonlance books (generous estimate)? Believe what you will of course, I still think there's not enough there to make a long-lasting MMO out of. I think it'd be another LotrO.

Have you considered NWN? I'm sure there must be some good Krynn servers out there, and you'd probably be guaranteed a decent RP experience on NWN servers.
  • DemorlayDemorlay Member Posts: 7

A Dragonlance MMO would be A fantastic idea if done correctly, I still have my atlas book and the land is big enough for an online game.

As long as a better job is done than the very poor DDO online, also unlike LOTR online I would like to see both sides as playable( there must be a way of doing this in a balanced way ).

Anyway if this came about i would drop all other games for it, unless they did a Death Gate Cycle MMO.

• LordKyellanLordKyellan Member Posts: 160
    No thanks on the Krynn thing. While I love Dragonlance and most of the books (the ones written by Weis and Hickman anyway), I'd rather not see it turned into an MMO. While in an ideal world, Ansalon would make an excellent place for roleplay, I just don't see the adventure coming. Besides, knowing the MMO companies, they would feel forced to set it during the War of the Lance, because that's the most 'iconic' time frame. I just don't think, in reality, it would make a good game.

This coming from somebody who is playing and enjoying LOTRO. Go figure that one out.

--------

"Give a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

There are what, in excess of 50 Dragonlance books (generous estimate)? Believe what you will of course, I still think there's not enough there to make a long-lasting MMO out of. I think it'd be another LotrO.

Have you considered NWN? I'm sure there must be some good Krynn servers out there, and you'd probably be guaranteed a decent RP experience on NWN servers.
    There may be a few, I'm not tied into it but bringing Krynn to NWN was a task an ambitious group called Dragonlance Adventures (DLA) set out to accomplish but wound up abandoning.  There were buidling the classes, the models, packing it all together for it.  I'd love it if someone really was able to replicate the world though.