Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the best ranged combat class BESIDES BH and Commando?

Vack07Vack07 Member Posts: 3
Title pretty much says it all. I'm not a fan of Heavy Weapons. I'm also not quite sure about the BH, it sounds cool, but it also seems kind of limited in what they can do. And it seems like they're FotM popular, which I try to avoid. So which is it? Medic? Officer? Smuggler? Spy?

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Depending how you do your template, Officer can be a pretty damaging profession. 

• Vack07Vack07 Member Posts: 3
    What kind of weapon do they specialize in? Does any profession beyond BH or Commando focus on either carbine or rifle? Are commando's FoTM? Are commando's effective if they don't use HW?

Officers specs in Swords and Pistols.  That's not to say you won't be effective if you don't use those though.  Medic for instance has Carbines and 1H Melee in the expertise, but I use a Rifle all the time and do fine with that.  Gives you the points to put them into other thngs.  BH is the only profession with Rifles in their expertise though.

• Vack07Vack07 Member Posts: 3
    Is there a huge difference in the damage potential of a medic versus an officer? It looks like the officer has a lot of AoE nuke abilities, but the medic has a substantial number of DoTs. Are the expertise weapon enhancements important? Do all of the skills that a medic and an officer have mesh with carbines and rifles? Do spies have inferior rifle/carbine damage/skills?

God I'm asking alot of questions, thanks so much for answering the ones I've already asked :D
  • dirtyd77dirtyd77 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    Spy's actually have carbine abilities built into there expetise tree also. Along with a melee line. Can't answer for the officer prof but the medics abilities mesh very well with the carbine as that is all that I use with my medic and spy for that matter.
    Originally posted by Vack07

Is there a huge difference in the damage potential of a medic versus an officer? It looks like the officer has a lot of AoE nuke abilities, but the medic has a substantial number of DoTs. Are the expertise weapon enhancements important? Do all of the skills that a medic and an officer have mesh with carbines and rifles? Do spies have inferior rifle/carbine damage/skills?

God I'm asking alot of questions, thanks so much for answering the ones I've already asked :D

Medic has 2 guaranteed DoTs.  There is the possibility for 2 others through the weapon expertise parts, but they're a chance to proc so you may or may not get them.  Medic has alot of debuffs available though, with my favourite being the one that takes their health everytime they use their action

I don't have any weapon specialization on my Medic as I use a Rifle for the extra range.  I do have alot of the debuffs though, so I feel that makes up for that.