Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan's Graphics/RUMOR

2»

Comments

• sellhigh55sellhigh55 Member Posts: 39

Looking forward to this one!! The graphics look great, that's true.  But, the gameplay looks good also.  I just hope that there is enough content to keep it interesting.  Nothing worse than spending 2 solid days playing a game only to realize you've seen it all and don't really have much else to do.  

As far as X360 version, I'm glad it will be available on a console, as it gets more people involved, but the computer's the only way to go for an MMO. I have them both, but will buy this for PC even if they both come out at the same time (which I realize they will not).

• Allanon6666Allanon6666 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Just a question, but if i have both a pc and a 360 version of the game and play on a server that alows for cross paltform play, can i use either one and still play the same character or do i need 1 char per system?
  • AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    Originally posted by Allanon6666

Just a question, but if i have both a pc and a 360 version of the game and play on a server that alows for cross paltform play, can i use either one and still play the same character or do i need 1 char per system?
    Lets put it this way, we aren't even 100% sure if crossplatform servers exist. My personal guess would be that yes an account on either system would allow you to play with the same character on both, just don't forget that its just a guess.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• SwankySwanky Member Posts: 38
    game graphics look awsome, and i'm am thrilled that it is on the 360. my main reason being that i would fork out a buttload just to get a new video card, when i have a perfect 360, it will really be the first orginal and even mediocre mmo for microsoft since the beginning. youtube.com has some great gameplay footage that looks almost as good as oblivion which doesn't even have a multiplayer element. hope it lives up to itself
  • AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Fallensbane

Personally I hope to see any standard servers set up to allow both Xbox and PC players together. Then just have a couple special servers with restrictions for those players who like to moan about cross-platforming. As both a PC owner and an Xbox360 owner I would love to be able to switch between console and PC. Sometimes I want to relax in my lazy boy both and the Xbox would be great for that. Sometimes I want to sit at my PC.

Still got the option of using a 360 controller as well on both if you want.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    zomg.... i know man looks mint as!
  • RadiationStormRadiationStorm Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by Rehmes

Originally posted by NHO3

Originally posted by Ashgaroth

I hope the servers for the xbox and the servers for the pc are different I dont want to be playing on my PC against a guy who is playing on his xbos, but oh well thats just my personal opinion.
    I agree. They should have separate servers for the console people.

They already said that there will be servers with xbox playes and servers w/o. I for one dont give a crap and will play any server regardless of whos in it. Most people think that console players are the vermin of the gaming community and this is not so. The kiddies are everywhere and like i always say 'its no age that matter but the mindset'.

Well, I don't think console players are vermin. It's been a few years since I've owned a console but I still have fond memories of my NES/SNES days and even load up the ole' emulator from time to time. But in general I've always been more of an Amiga/PC guy. No, the vermin imho is the pc gaming industry jumping the console bandwagon. That really annoys me. Not only because of clunky conversions (RE4, Scarface etc.) but also because some really great companies were destroyed in the process (ie. Black Isle -creators of Fallout, Baldur's Gate- because Interplay wanted to go console, still hate 'em for that) and the pc market sometimes gets neglected. I don't mind pc games being converted to console nor vice versa, but I do 'demand' that console ports take adavantage of PC abilities (controls, customization, resolution etc.) because otherwise it's just a rip-off.