Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RuneScape 3?

2»

Comments

• Shad0wN3xusShad0wN3xus Member Posts: 31

JagEx have stated that they're not going to make RS3 for atleast 3 years. They have no current, nor future, plans for it.

Although they DO have plans for a certain game called Mechscape..

To be honest, I doubt RS3 is needed, being that we already get enough new content to make it an entirely different game every year.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by krizzi123

hey guys! i waas reading the thread and i was wondering where can i test rs3?

havent you been reading? There isn't an RS3 so you cant test it.

?

• Zeroshadow64Zeroshadow64 Member Posts: 2

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!search rs3 on google......

Ps. i got banned for scamming a couple thousand buckets....i then quitbest choice of my life......

Originally posted by Zeroshadow64

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!search rs3 on google......

Ps. i got banned for scamming a couple thousand buckets....i then quitbest choice of my life......

Well there isnt an RS3 by Jagex but there is a private server called RS3 which is basically RS2 made easier.

?

• TrentasyTrentasy Member Posts: 22

im a fan of runescape, i use to play it all the time years ago... but like everyone says better graphics same typa of game play and it would kick ass.

• TrentasyTrentasy Member Posts: 22

wtf?? does that have to do with runescape 3 rumours

• MugabugaMugabuga Member Posts: 1

Its a scam, duh

• QuestionsQuestions Member Posts: 4

Theres a certain graph that shows the frequency of the updates versus the graphics. If Jagex were to make rs3, they would need new staff to be able to design the graphics. Also they would need to raise the membership price to at least $15 a month. I have played runescape for 4 years and it was the best mmorpg ive ever played(i played almost every mmorpg). The depth of runescape would take years to make with better graphics and alot of money. Alot of members would quit because of the raised membership fee and alot of people would join because of the graphics. You would have to buy the cd because the download would be enormous(about 20 gigs) if runescape was made in WoW graphics. Also, runescape would have to compete with other games in this market which it will easily crush. Games that you people have been waiting for like Aion or WAR cannot stand up to runescape with better graphics.

• TenTailsTenTails Member Posts: 15

this game would be awesome if they commited to  giving it a real graphics engine and making it NOT web browser based...and wtf was that stupid post above with the poetry... die

• EL_HuddyEL_Huddy Member Posts: 27

To the people who aren't so keen on the screen size; 6 inches or whatever it is. Just change your screen resolution temporarily.

For those that do not know how to do this, just right click no your desktop > properties > settings, then mess around with the slider that says screen resolution, its possible to get the RS screen about 10 inches wider just like mine ;).

I started to playing RS back when it was only classic and i have to admit as my first MMo it was pretty addictive with RL friends to compete with, the pvp, the skills etc it was alot of fun. But MMo's are advancing now with WoW and WAR gathering alot of the MMo community, RS will need some pretty big updates to keep their fan base rising.

The poster above the poster above me - you seem pretty certain about what will happen lol ;)

Playing: EQII
    Played:GW,EQII,DoaC,AO,CoH,EvE,KO,L2,MS,Matrix,PS,Ryzom,SL,SO,WoW,Lotro,RS,2Moons,Flyff,Fiesta,Diablo2.
    Looking Forward to >WAR<

• LyikosLyikos Member UncommonPosts: 52

When you hear about old people and Jack Thompson rave about how videogames rot the mind, they would be 100% correct if they were speaking about Runescape.

Runescape is a stupid children's game, that doesn't teach them anything, in fact rot their mind is all it does. (You have to chop down an entire tree just to make a fire of a single bow WTF?)

If RS3 has an actual serious tone to it, has the old hardcore PKing system and player housing similar to SWG then I might play.

• phatpeteyphatpetey Member Posts: 323

I no case there is coming a Runescape 3 the rumors about Mechscape are false aswell. I can't proof it but just believe me : no RS3 or Mechscape!!!

GreetzZz

Originally posted by phatpetey

I no case there is coming a Runescape 3 the rumors about Mechscape are false aswell. I can't proof it but just believe me : no RS3 or Mechscape!!!

GreetzZz

There is lots of proof about Mechscape.

?

• dwillpowerdwillpower Member Posts: 97
    Originally posted by AkaJetson

Originally posted by phatpetey

GreetzZz

There is lots of proof about Mechscape.

There is lots of proof about Mechscape. I second that. Runescape 3 is fake.  Mechscape is real

• darkness5darkness5 Member Posts: 6

Actually there is some evidence of MechScape (Search it up, Google is your best friend). Now, on to RuneScape 3. If the previous people did not convince you that there is NO RuneScape 3, than I hope one more voice will convince you. Jagex has NO plans for RuneScape 3 and is not going to give out information on MechScape (looks pretty sweet). MechScapes graphics (according to the art I've seen looks WAY better than RuneScape 2's graphics.

To the people who thinks RuneScape sucks- Sure RuneScape 2's graphics sucks, but what is a game that has really awesome and sweet graphics if it lacks a good gameplay? RuneScape may not have the awesome 3D graphics like nowadays in like World of Warcraft (just using as example, I do not like that graphics but most people are familiar with this MMO) but the gameplay in RuneScape makes up for it. I mean, come on, how many MMO's out there that has combat, PVP, PVE, awesme minigames (*hint hint* Castle Wars), FISHING, MINING, WOODCUTTING, and basically surviving in-game (hey, you gotta wood cut to build a house, your own HOUSE, fish to eat food, and cook your own food), don't tell me that isn't awesome.

RuneScape 3- What I think RuneScape 3 might look like if it comes out (which it won't), it will probably be a download, since the graphics, I hope, will be WAY better. It will probably look like any 3D MMO you've seen, except that the skills (mining, fishing, cooking, defense, etc...) will be kept and the leveling system will be the same. Basically a RuneScape 2 with updated graphics and hopefully improved gameplay. A good reason why Jagex will not make a RuneScape 3. Do you know how many floors and dungeons and rooms and etc... there are in RS2? The world of RS2 is VERY large, it will take Jagex FOREVER to make it as good as RS2.

Look out for MechScape though! It is going to be sweet (if it does come out)!

Sorry it had to be so long, I had too much time on my hand and thought I should make a good reply.