Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me find an Online RPG that has both social and combat features.

Subject:  Help me find an Online RPG that has both social and combat features. 

Hi.  Maybe you people can help me.  I am trying to find an Online RPG that meets my needs. 

I'm looking for a game that must have all of these Required Features. 

***  Balance combat system.  Doesn't matter if its real time or turn base. 

***  Social elements like wedding, virtual night clubs, and fashion shows.  Being able to wear nice outfit like evening gown, wedding dress, regardless of class.  Its all part of the social elements and character customization. 

*** Being able to role play what our heart and mind can imagine, from fair maiden to princess of thieves to robots. 

***  ***  Lots and lots of places to explore with new area being added.  The current game I'm playing is not big enough.  I like to explore. 

In addition, it would be nice if the game has some of these Optional Features. 

***  Copy and Paste to the chat box. 

How many time have you have to type in some long web address like:

http://www.mpog.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/15858

Some web addresses are long and tedious and easy to make a mistake when you are typing it out by hand.  Copying and pasting is a lot faster and less prone to error. 

***  Copy and Paste from the chat box. 

Again, for the same reason.  If your friend is giving you something like the lyrics to a song or a web address, its faster and easier to copy and paste than to have to write it out by hand. 

***  Chat log. 

Or instead of copying and pasting from the chat box, an alternative is to log the chat to a file.  Also useful for keeping records.  Like what did we talked about? 

***  Prefer real time combat but will settle for turn base combat if I have too. 

***  Players can add new lands and interesting places.  This keeps the game fresh and gives me new places to explore.  It also allows the players to contribute to the game with their creativity and helps the game grow continuously. 

***  Customizable classes. 

I don't always want to be a warrior or a wizard.  I want to be creative and create my own unique classes, like Fire Dancer, Silk Ice Princess, or Storm Archer.  I'll tell more about these custom classes if anyone is interested.  

***  Some instances or private dungeon. 

Sometime its nice to have a part of the world to yourself and your friends and not have to deal with campers, kill stealers, and treasure robber.  Some instances are good, but not over do it.  It would not be a really good MMORPG if all or most of the world are instances, because then it would be like playing a single player game. 

***  I prefer to go adventuring make money from treasures.  I don't want to be a minor or a farmer.  That was the problem I found with Ultima Online and Runescape.  I was paying to work!  Months of mining just to be able to go adventuring one night, then back to mining for another month. 

***  I prefer the game to be free or cheap.  If I'm going to be paying $10.00 a month or more, I expect it to have all of the Require AND Optional features, with breath taking 3D graphic and scenery. 

In summary, I want to find an online RPG game that has both combat and social features.  Too many games are ether all combat or all social.  Sometime I want to fight, other time, I just want to relax and be a princess and hang out with friends. 

Comments

• DelluciusDellucius Member Posts: 59
    I just can't stress Ultima enough here. Especially in the RP community, it seem to be exactly what you are looking for.

The combat system in Ultima is real time, the non-role playing pvp is mostly item based these days, but RPvP (role playing pvp) it's very balanced and the rules are very strict.

You can be exactly ANYTHING you want, and the possibilities given in Ultima are broader than any other MMORPG. Being the oldest and very first MMORGP the community is friendly and social. The RP community is not an exception.

In UO you can decorate your own house (you can have your own house) with tons of things. You can have your own garden, which you can take care of and grow. You can create clothes and create fashion styles, the crafting system is big and holds a lot of possibilities.

Weddings, adventure, war, taverns, decorations, contests, anything you like is available for you.

I could go on, but most, if not all, of the things you mentioned are avaible in UO and in RP. If you want further information you can contact me via ICQ (203911891), MSN ([email protected]), or send an email ([email protected])

For a view one of the largest role playing guilds in UO you can visit; cove.fantasyworld.nl/

I don't think you will regret it a bit !

I hope to see you there, and I hope I gave some kind of help !
  • Lady_EloraLady_Elora Member Posts: 35
    Thanks.  I sort of gave up on UO. 

Some of the games I have tried. 

Endless Online. 

***  Pro.  Has just about everything I wanted.  Has a very strong social elements and balance combat elements.  Can copy to chat and has chat logging.  Friends list works just like an IM.  Beautiful graphics and nice scenery.  Nice dresses to wear.  List goes on and on. 

***  Con.  The land is too small.  And they only add like 1 map every six month.  I explore everywhere already.  Also, there are no instances, leading to camping.  Players cannot make their own land and add to the world. 

The Realm

*** Pro.  Again, this has just about everything I wanted.  Strong social elements and balance combat.  Decent graphic and scenery.  Nice dresses that can be dyed.  Player houses.  Can modified the classes and become anything. 

*** Con.  World is small and they never add new lands.  Player cannot help expand the world ether. 

Ultima Online. 

***  Pro.  It has almost everything I wanted.  Nice music.  Players houses.  New land continuously being added with each expansion.  Customizable classes. 

***  Con.  I can't do anything because everything cost too much gold and you are force into economic slavery.  Just to even have 1 night out adventuring, I have to save up for months.  I don't feel like having to pay $10 a month to work!!!  I want to go on adventures and have fun, not be a minor or work all day.  I tried to be an archer wizard and ended up having to mine just to make some money so I can buy reagents and arrows.  Also, it seems that everyone is cheating or using auto training program, and they are doing it right in plan view! 

Asheron Calls.

*** Pro.  Can easy copy, cut, and paste to and from the chat windows.  Large world with plenty of places to explore.  Breath-taking scenery.  Customizable classes. 

*** Con.  No social elements.  The towns are barely villages.  Spell system requires trial and errors to gain spells.  There seem to be no point to the game other than kill anything that moves.  Character looks can use some major improvements. 

• DelluciusDellucius Member Posts: 59
    That's why I don't play Ultima like everyone else!

I think you are missing a key feature that makes Ultima so great; the Role Playing possibilities are fantastic, especially in well developed communities and guilds.

You don't need ANY gold to role play and go on adventures, and you don't have to slave or work, just have fun. I hate doing those things that everyone else seem so keen on doing, but I enjoy just playing a role of an adventurer with friends who creates stories, history, and lore.

If you give THAT a second chance, not Ultima, but role playing, I'd be glad to help you out. And you can just create a 14-days trial account and you'll easily see whether it's for you or not (which I really do think by your description).

You have missed out before !
  • arstevensarstevens Member Posts: 31

Playing UO you don't need bunched and bunches of gold to go out adventuring.  All you have to do is just get some decent equipment, and start killing things.  Once you get gold from that, go out, find some better equipment, and then kill more things.  Its not that bad.  Although myself I have quit UO a long time ago, as well did my parents.  We still remember the old days before all this extra stuff came in.  Nowadays its the posers in town just wasting time on the server doing absoulutely nothing, and everyone running around like elves and such.  Although... not all of that is bad.. we just kinda.. got bored with the game and found something else.

My parents had managed to kill some of the different big big boss guys that came out with the Elf expansion with only a group of three or four people.  Yes.. they were quite insane at the time.

• yahitsjeremyyahitsjeremy Member Posts: 3
    Your parents sound cool.

I'm a little afraid to give UO another try.  The though still give me shivers.  I'll post about my bad experience on it later.  I might give UO another try later though.  Let me see how good their new Kingdom Reborn is. 

In the mean time, I was hoping that you people could recommend another game beside UO. 

• chillikingchilliking Member UncommonPosts: 240
    u could try conquer online...it has the balance of combat and solcial stuff...  

www.conqueronline.com
  • rebirth1629rebirth1629 Member Posts: 113
    i used to play conquer online......until i found it kinda dull.....

I was a reborn warrior-trojan-warrior

Kinda get so so after few time and the extreme jumping i found it kinda odd
  • boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
    give city of villains or city of heroes a whirl.

playing eq2 and two worlds

Originally posted by rebirth1629

i used to play conquer online......until i found it kinda dull.....

I was a reborn warrior-trojan-warrior

Kinda get so so after few time and the extreme jumping i found it kinda odd
    yea, me to.. quited playing it becuz of the jumping :P

The PvP is good tough..
  • usbserialusbserial Member Posts: 11
    Entropia Universe is a terrific (and very different) MMORPG, you might find it's for you. It's got hunting, mining, crafting, stores, apartments, dueling... all sorts of stuff. Check it out at www.entropiauniverse.com
    Originally posted by usbserial

Entropia Universe is a terrific (and very different) MMORPG, you might find it's for you. It's got hunting, mining, crafting, stores, apartments, dueling... all sorts of stuff. Check it out at www.entropiauniverse.com

It looks like another Second Life. 

How expensive is it to play?  I heard that you have to use real money to buy stuff. 

What is the average cost to play per month?  I read that they don't have a monthly fee, but still you probably have to upkeep. 

Originally posted by chilliking

www.conqueronline.com

Please tell me more about Conquer. 

Looking at the screen shot, it seems like we can dress up however we want? 

Are they constantly adding new land? 

Tell me more about this "jump"?  What is this extreme jumping? 

• breibenderbreibender Member Posts: 26
    www.ryzom.com sounds like u might like this game
    Originally posted by Lady_Elora

Originally posted by chilliking

www.conqueronline.com

Please tell me more about Conquer. 

Looking at the screen shot, it seems like we can dress up however we want? 

Are they constantly adding new land? 

Tell me more about this "jump"?  What is this extreme jumping? 

Hmmm... u cannot dress up the way u want   :(    but there are MANY costumes and Many different armors.

And they are always working on upgrades for Conquer online..

The instant jumping i quite annoying tough.. u hold down the ctrl key and click on the ground to jump to that location    XD

The jumping works perfectly when u r pk'ing and in wars.

U should try it ^^
  • nottykidnottykid Member UncommonPosts: 23

simple, Goonzu, goonzu has politics, bussiness (manufacturing), it so social that only players can make the items!, and the GMs host evens CONSTANTLY, o did i mention when ur pro u can become a goonzu! (goonzu i think is korean for emporer) as emporer u get powers similar to GMs, and if u dont think u got a chance, theres mayor, goonzu's 5 assistants, each building in a mayors town has to be managed and theres like 50 towns! (theres 1 goonzu per server, 1 mayor per town, 1 manager per building in each town,) and how fun is riding a nine taled fox! or a giant wolf, or a horse!

this game is by far top notch, i would rate it 9/10, lol there u go

I will look into Goonzu^^^would u help me to lvl up???^^