Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this game and the first expansion is free to d/l and no monthly fee?

cajun47cajun47 Member Posts: 73
if so i amy try it. what other mmorpgs are free that are worth down loading?

Comments

• KrebulKrebul Member Posts: 46
    I believe Guild Wars is free also.

Notorious - An Age of Conan guild - http://www.notoriousguild.net
    We are actively recruiting!
    Join the Revolution.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Shadowbane is free to download and play, but is a fairly hardcore PvP experience right now...

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AnimatorKidAnimatorKid Member Posts: 208
       I read Guild Wars was only free to play when they had special events.
  • That would be really cool if it was, where did you see that? I'de like to look

cause a few friends of mine really got into Anarchy Online, and they said it wasn't really worth playing without the expansions, so if that were true I'de definetly go and download it again.
  • gerry7gerry7 Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by AnimatorKid

I read Guild Wars was only free to play when they had special events.
    Guild Wars is a free to play game, but you have to buy the game, its not just a download. It doesnt cost anything at all after you pay box price

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    GW is not a mmorpg.
  • phosphorosphosphoros Member Posts: 512
    The free AO accounts have ads ingame just for reference. 

Some don't consider GW an MMO, but it is free as others have said.

I've yet to play a free 2 play MMO that's worth a damn or even worth the time it took to download.  Though some really love some of these games.

Planetside is free isn't it now?  With some sort of level cap or something?

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by Aguitha

GW is not a mmorpg.
    the consensus disagrees, look at the chart.

My blog: image

• WispyWispy Member UncommonPosts: 51

Guild Wars is free TO PLAY, but you still have to buy the game.  Recommend getting Nightfall first, as the original game's setting is cookie-cutter bland, and Factions is rather tough if you don't know what you're doing.

As for AO, I love the game, but the Shadowlands expansion refines the user interface so much that it isn't funny.  But I think if you have SL installed, you have to pay to play.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    Originally posted by phosphoros

The free AO accounts have ads ingame just for reference. 

Some don't consider GW an MMO, but it is free as others have said.

I've yet to play a free 2 play MMO that's worth a damn or even worth the time it took to download.  Though some really love some of these games.

Planetside is free isn't it now?  With some sort of level cap or something?
    have you tried rappelz yet?

just an idea, its in my own opinion one of the best  ftp out there... sometimes i wonder if i should be paying for it.

• ZarobienZarobien Member UncommonPosts: 24
    You can play ao for free but it has another side of coin on it...

1. You get funcom mail constantly about upgrading to SL and AI... When you do you will have to pay monthly fee and you cant go back.

2. The SL and AI account owners have skills called perks that make them stronget than you... You will be the ball in pvp football.
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Zarobien

You can play ao for free but it has another side of coin on it...

1. You get funcom mail constantly about upgrading to SL and AI... When you do you will have to pay monthly fee and you cant go back.

2. The SL and AI account owners have skills called perks that make them stronget than you... You will be the ball in pvp football.

1. They have this nifty thing called junk mail, which you can mark the e-mails as, and not worry about 'em again.

2.SL/AI/LE account owners also have better weapons, armor, items, research benefits, as well as perks. It's called incentive to play.