Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Few Questions

gamiogamio Member Posts: 3
I used to play a long time ago when the game first came out. I quit for another game but I want to come back now. I have the original with the expansion that came with it. will the lack of the new expansions make my beginning any harder or any less better? Are those expansions geared mostly towards higher end players besides the extra jobs? Also If anyone is in an active linkshell that would be newb friendly on a particular server please drop an ingame name and server for me. I'm not looking for freebies just advice because i haven't played for about 4 years.

Comments

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by gamio

Are those expansions geared mostly towards higher end players besides the extra jobs?

Chains of Promathia's first missions has a lvl cap of 30, next mission is capped at 40. The cap means that if you happen to be above when doing the missions, your lvl will be lowered to the cap while in these mission areas. So you can start these missions fairly early after you start playing the game.

Rise of Zilart is best suited for top lvl players.

Treasures of Aht Urghan is for around lvl 50-55+. From these lvls and all the way up, there are additional areas to exp, but not much else until you hit the top lvls. Except for the new exp area options, ToAU is mostly an "end-game" expansion, with several new features for top lvl players.

Imo, you're kinda screwed without the ToAU expansion from lvl 50-55. This is simply because most of the players will exp in these areas, and you will have a difficult time finding parties for "old" areas. The only exception is that a lot of ppl still goes to Bibiki Bay at certain lvls.