Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many people?

NebruNebru Member Posts: 3
Today I'm going to EB Games, and I'm going to pick out a game. Now, I'm not really "new" to MMO's, I've played alot of freebe stuff (ie: Silk Road, Knight Online) those games were great and all, but I need somthing with a little substance. My question being...

How many people are actually playing this? Comperable to WoW, or Guild Wars? I want to make my first pay-to-play game worth it.

Comments

• ZikielZikiel Member Posts: 1,138
    At any given time, each server has about 2k people, weekends will have about 3k. There's 32 servers, so do the math with that.
  • Carl132pCarl132p Member UncommonPosts: 538
    The majority of those players are doing higher level stuff though so you wont see them for a while.
  • viciousexeviciousexe Member Posts: 123

its a good game but it wont be that much fun for you unless you have a lot of time to play. Also you are forced to group which is different then WoW so expect to wait on groups pretty often. If you can handle all that, it should be fun for you.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Nebru

Today I'm going to EB Games, and I'm going to pick out a game. Now, I'm not really "new" to MMO's, I've played alot of freebe stuff (ie: Silk Road, Knight Online) those games were great and all, but I need somthing with a little substance. My question being...

How many people are actually playing this? Comperable to WoW, or Guild Wars? I want to make my first pay-to-play game worth it.

I keep hearing 500k active accounts, but I haven't seen any official info about it.

Please don't compare subscribers with WoW. If you know anything about MMORPGs, you should know that no game (at least P2P) is anywhere around WoW's numbers.

If you are a fan of games like those you mention, there's a good chance that you won't like FFXI. As I've said several times in this forum, FFXI is, imo, probably the best game ever made, but it's totally different from those you mention.

• RinicRinic Member Posts: 715
    Originally posted by Netspook

Originally posted by Nebru

I keep hearing 500k active accounts, but I haven't seen any official info about it.

Please don't compare subscribers with WoW. If you know anything about MMORPGs, you should know that no game (at least P2P) is anywhere around WoW's numbers.

If you are a fan of games like those you mention, there's a good chance that you won't like FFXI. As I've said several times in this forum, FFXI is, imo, probably the best game ever made, but it's totally different from those you mention.

Lineage 2 is up there for sub count.

Too bad it's all asian servers that those numbers are on.

And about the numbers: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/development/census/06/index.html

"First, let's analyze the login distribution. There are over 500,000 players logging in to FINAL FANTASY XI from all over the world, with the main player base located in Japan, North America, and Europe."
  • NebruNebru Member Posts: 3
    Awesome, thanks for all the info, I'll be picking it up this weekend