Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StarQuest Online open beta preview

2»

Comments

• AlloughAllough Member Posts: 2
    If I may add more about the security of StarQuest.  Go to www.virustotal.com . Select the StarQuest.exe file and click send. The file is scanned by 32 engines including McAfee, Symantec, Kaspersky, and NOD32. It gives you the results from all 32 scanning the file. NOD32 was the only one to even be suspicious of the file and it said "probably unknown". If that wont convince you their is nothing wrong with StarQuest security-wise i have no idea what will. Check it out if you have any doubt in what i said.

Allough Norrington
    Beta Tester
    CTS,Turbine,RC,VT

• PolarizationPolarization Member Posts: 1,410

The latest patch has implemented the ability to mine asteroids and allow the ore to be refined into materials at space stations .
    There’s going to be a lot of pirates attacking miners and the navy trying to protect them in those asteroid belts, should be a lot of fun like eve online.
    Also looks like a member of this sites community has contributed some of his time to help improve the graphics, if anyone else is willing and able to offer there talents to the developers they can contact them on the forums.

This patch introduces:

Ship's Stores:

Ships now have a "bank" of metal, trycene, and electronic components accessable from the ship's computer

Military ships have ship's stores as well as civilians

Asteroid Belts

Present in few starsystems, these left-overs from star system formation are a gold mine of resources

Some asteroids contain metal ore, some trycene ore, and some contain quantum black holes

Asteroids containing quantum black holes are a source of antimatter

Raw antimatter currently has no use, but will in a later patch

Sol has an asteroid belt, but as it has been mined for a couple of centuries, the amount of resources available there are minimal

Hint: Asteroid belts in close orbit around their star are most likely to contain trycene asteroids

Asteroid mining:

A starship can use it's tractor beam to mine asteroids for resources The raw ore is loaded as cargo

Raw resource processing:

Civilian Buran space stations and other orbital transfer stations can process raw ore into usable resources

There is a charge against the ship's credit account for ore processing

The processing station or colony deposits this fee in their bank account

The processed resources are placed in the ship's stores

Shipsuits:

Available from ShopMart, these civilian uniforms reduce the amount of damage the wearer suffers from

life support failure or space exposure

Alliance military uniforms now have this ability as well

New graphics:

The Alliance Fleet's uniforms have been been redesigned

The Alliance Fleet's support division now has its own uniform (yellow)

The "choose avatar face" menu option has been re-enabled temporarily because of this

Many thanks to daadamo for the new GFX
  • Matador8Matador8 Member Posts: 11
    lol Wow it is Runescape in space.....idk if i sould try it out..  to bad they did not try to change the graphics...(but that was never the games problem)
  • DoomLordDoomLord Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Originally posted by velocity

Runescape in Space?

thats not nice at least rune scape has a following
  • PolarizationPolarization Member Posts: 1,410

The people who are comparing this game to Runescape just because they both share basic graphics are obviously not reading any of my posts properly, I played Runescape for a few hours but I’ve been playing Starquest Online for over a month and still trying new things.
    Unlike Runescape with its small map, Starquest online has seamless transition from a planets surface to a ships interior that can then travel threw a solar system and warp to any other destination in the galaxy without loading screens.
    This is much more like a cross between Ultima Online with open pvp, skill based character development and non linear sandbox game play and Eve Online but with space ships with interiors that people can play inside, asteroid mining, trading, pirating etc. and a galaxy to explore without safe zones or warp gates.
  • AlloughAllough Member Posts: 2
    A new patch just went online this adds a lot of content.

Patch 275

In this patch:

ShopMart, and MedCenter franchises

You can now purchase a franchise and have either of these buildings on your colony

ShopMart, purchase from the ShopMart manager on the second floor of any ShopMart

MedCenter, purchase from the MedCenter receptionist

Med Centers increase a colony's health, ShopMarts increase the colony's economy

Immortrax is not activated in these Med Centers, AT THIS TIME, but will be soon

Having more than one of either has no effect

Ship Flagging:

Any fleet officer, ranked Captain or above, can now flag another ship as a pirate from the Conn console

A reprimand, only removeable by an officer senior to you, is placed in your fleet service record for doing this, this reprimand is temporary pending a hearing on your actions

You cannot do this if you have been recommended for court martial

You cannot flag an NPC ship

Using this function, or attempting to use this function, is logged by your ship's computer

You may clear a ships flag in the same manner

Misuse of the function is punishable by an immediate dishonorable discharge from the Fleet, and a years imprisonment.

you really should try it http://www.castlethornsoftware.com/new_sq.html

Allough Norrington
    Beta Tester
    CTS,Turbine,RC,VT