Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deleted after 5 mins. I felt like warped back 10 years...

axyrnaxyrn Member Posts: 55

This game is a pain, Click and Run, Slow Mouse, Static Grafics, looks like a game from 1997.

Free or not , better dont waste your time with this crap.

Had to edit the .ini files to get it to work on my Widescreen 1440x900 because there was no grafic options in the game. What a joke.

The whole game looks like a student project trying to make some money with it.

Click and Run is the worst they could do.

To the developers of this trash, dont ever release anything again please , this game is a shame, i cant believe your even charging cash for those stupid ITEM MALL items.

I hope such games dissapear soon from the market.

Comments

• TacolaTacola Member CommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by axyrn

This game is a pain, Click and Run, Slow Mouse, Static Grafics, looks like a game from 1997.
    Had to edit the .ini files to get it to work on my Widescreen 1440x900 because there was no grafic options in the game. What a joke.

To the developers of this trash, dont ever release anything again please , this game is a shame, i cant believe your even charging cash for those stupid ITEM MALL items.

The UI no doubt takes some getting use to.  And click to run is not my preference, but most free games seem to do this way, at least lost chaos is as well.   At least in VCO you can click in the Map and move to a point.   But the game play itself was fun to me.  If you ever played the single player game pirates, sea combat is simlar.    And you have to remember this game is free/free.   The grahpics are medium, and once you get the hang of the UI, it is quite easly to move around.   Movement on land reminds me of the old Warcraft games, not WoW but the single player ones, where you click on a point and move there.  

I havent purchased anything from the Item Mall.  I have a thread on this fourm that ask about the need to purchase items to compete.   The response said you dont need to buy items to compete, but things like 2x EXP scrolls are cool, and I can see why.

The level skill system is a sandbox, you can advance either sword type, axe and medicine without penalty to the other.   It does cost silver to do this, and mission are a good way to earn coin.   The land based combat has few Amimations, about like SWG, ( I still find SWG somewhat fun ), and you earn stunt points with EXP, these are used to learn special attacks and etc for each skill.    The mobs seem somewhat generic between ports when you engage in ground combat, same mobs in alot of ports, of course I havent left the Med Sea yet, lol.

Now the documentation for this game is light, that was a problem.   The method of sending a tell is alittle different, not as user friendly as you would like, but after learning it I am fine now.

Sea skills are advanced through sea combat and sailing in what is called open sea.    Sea combat is nice, you equip you ship with cannons, different types of gripping hooks,  rams ....  to cause damage to your opponent.    Your ship has a overall level which is a result of the other ship stat levels, havent wrapped my mind around all of this yet,  only in day two here.

Open sea is the big picture, when you are cursing around the Ocean,  there is a view called off shore,  this is a up close view of ships used for combat and when you enter a port.   You can also be a merchant and have a fleet of marchant ships that trade goods in different ports across the world.   I believe you can also be a pirate with the PVP in the game, or fight against pirates , or merchant or crafter or all of them.

As for crafting, only basic weapons, equipment and clothes are available from NPC vendors, all advance items seem to be made by players.  All players have the avialablity to set up a "Tent".  Very similar to EQ's vendor system.   Although at present, I didnt see a bazaar term or know of a search command that lets you check all vendors at once, if anyone knows if one exist please reply.  Crafting appears fun and rewarding.  I am differently getting into that,  I am a long time SWG crafter.

There is also faction and politics here as well,  you can apply for noble titles at different ports, but again in day 2 here so I havent went far in that area.

Overall,  I have seen alot worse graphics on full pay games, and the game play, sandbox skills, combat ( especially sea combat ) and crafting system with customizable items make this game a very good game to me.   There is a learning curve here!!   Game isnt really hard to follow, just seems to do alot here to grasp.   I do love this time peroid also.   I am on USA 2 , Magellian server,   Discovola is my name.   Start a toon here and send a tell.  

To send a tell you have to click on the private chat tab on the chat window, and type the name of the person in the Private Chat Name box.  Then on the chat line just type your message.

• LaxsithLaxsith Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by axyrn

Why don't YOU try making an MMORPG.

Give them a break man.

• TheSilencerTheSilencer Member Posts: 11

You took the words right out of my mouth, Laxsith.  Some people have played one too many games and believe they know a thing or two about game development.  They really should sit through 4 years of hardcore CS (disambiguition: computer science) courses like I did to learn what writing software is really about.  WoW and Guild Wars are not the most popular MMORPG for no reason, years went into their development by a team of top class designers/programmers.  VCO is a good effort.

I  do agree that the graphics of this game isn't great and certainly lags a generation or two behind the latest MMORPG.  However, one benefit of this is that players without a gaming specific system can also play reasonably smoothly.  With the MMORPG genre spreading into the general population, we are getting more and more industry professionals/stay home moms/school aged teens/and generally casual players who do not want to put up $1500 just to play games.

• deadsun7deadsun7 Member Posts: 112
    EXACTLY!! people need to stop complaining, these free games are free to play although A LOT of people probably invested a lot of time and money into these games. Unless you sit through computer science classes and know how much time goes into programming a game like this, then don't complain. This game probably took years of work to do. Games like WOW took years of designing and work, and had probably hundreds of people working on it at a time. While games like this probably only had a 10th of that. I think this game is fantastic for what appears to be a low budget game.

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

• jaymanxjaymanx Member Posts: 28
    Talk about  letting them down litely. But no lie the game sounds so good and appealing. Then you go there to move with WASD or the arrows and boom ur sitting there going WTF. The skills and that was good concepts. Its was ok graphics but it was the reason i left it was due to the click and move. That was just odd.  But the game is good ideas no reason to bash it so hard. But yea that was the reason i quit after 30mins of playing hated just hated the stupid mouse moveing.
    Well everyone has their own taste in games . I personally like the mouse movement, im more used to playing games with the mouse over the keyboard... I find there's more control for me when im useing the mouse over a keyboard, but then again everyone like to play their own way .

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

• NeocasterNeocaster Member UncommonPosts: 24
    I dont think its wrong sayin what you feel about the game. I mean thats what evaluation is about else games wouldnt have rating system that we see here.

All games are made thru hard work and money costs. Giving your opinion on what you dont like for other to see is perfectly fine. If everyone said good thing and no one said why its not good than its not complete review of the game. many people like to read that and not play game and waste time learning how bad it sucks first hand.
  • iluvVGiluvVG Member Posts: 77
    Even my admiration and longing for a pirates life cannot hold me to playing this game.  If you have the patience, I congratulate you.

There are a ton of free games, why choose this one?
  • rycorrycor Member Posts: 21

lol anyone who complains bout a FREEEEEEEEEE  game is just plain fkn stupid.

• tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446

Anyone who flames a another person review and/or opinion is plain fkin stupid.      Theres a reason its called opinion

• rycorrycor Member Posts: 21

I can see if ya pay for it. But an opinion unfounded. Bottom line game is free if ya dont like it move on. No need to post. If ya pay for it i can see. So if yas be stupid for for posting dmb azz stuff then u get wht ya get. fk nut.

I admit this game is not the greatest game in the world but lets face it... There are pirate games that are FARRRR worse than this game. Such as puzzle pirates, and pirate king online (i beta tested that game). The greater portion of pirate games now are land based games and as most of us should know. Almost ALL pirates sent 90% of their time on a boat traveling over seas, which games like pirate king online depict you spending 60% of your time on land doing quests and stuff. Most pirate games should purely focus a rateing on how rich you are and how powerful your ship is, not by your level. This game isn't the best game ever but it is fairly more accurate than most pirate games out there.

(\_/)
    (O.o)

• pirateerpirateer Member UncommonPosts: 219

Wow. Just wow. Dissing an absolutely free game. How low can you go?

Click n' run  is obviously not the worst they could do. The worst they could do is not include any keyboard control whatsoever for opening menus and such. Like RuneScape (I want my time back from playing that game!).

The Item Mall items give you an incredible advantage to other players earlier on than what you could do naturally. After buyin 8000 credits and never been caught cheating in game, you can become a VIP for a year. I personally don't use the Item Mall because I don't waste my hard-earned cash on games.

Get a regular screen if you're so upset  about no options. Why'd you buy the computer with the oddball shaped screen in the first place? Seriously man, c'mon.

The game doesn't look like a student project. In fact it looks pretty advanced to most game out there. Considering it's an IGG game anywho... What you you expect? Guild Wars graphics?

Overall the game is good. Sorry you feel that way about it.

• warrorwarror Member Posts: 270
    It is bad to dis a free game. We are lucky that some games are free. And its wrong to completely dis a game when you can't make a better game yourself. Its cool to say comments like i wish PVP was better on that game, or graphics were better etc but unless you can make a better game never say that game was just bad.
  • nathynnathyn Member Posts: 2
    im just really tired of all these people today that judge games based off graphics......feels like youve been warped back ten years???? well guess what alot of the games from 10 years ago are still better than most of the games today.....stop judging games just by how they look.....graphics dont mean anything if the gameplay sucks( imo wow).  not all games are meant to please everyone, if they were..no one would ever leave their house. if its not for you, then find something that is but dont bash it and try to make other people not like it just cause you feel you opinion is correct.....cause we all know what opinions are like  
  • cipi_ratycipi_raty Member Posts: 15
    Stop complaining! In my opinion this game is really good..and don't forget is free too! A lot of ppl are playing this and as far as u go in game u start to like it more and more! The mouse movement is allright...and u can also change the buttons for movement, select and camera! They will bring more things and then will be awesome...tho It will take some time..but untill then I wish all who are playing VCO to Have Fun! I enjoy it a lot!
  • IndemnityIndemnity Member Posts: 16
    I'm sorry, I just had to put in some kind of defense for anyone who wants to review and/or speak negatively about a game.  There is in no way a [i]need[/i] to know how to "create your own mmorpg".  If a game stinks then you should be able to say it.  Playing a game is enough experience to make any kind of claims you want about it's content or gameplay.  Not to say that maybe the first post couldn't have been made with a little more tact, but the fact remains that this person played the game and that's all one really needs, in my book, in order to state a valid opinion.
  • FarquaniaFarquania Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by rycor

I can see if ya pay for it. But an opinion unfounded. Bottom line game is free if ya dont like it move on. No need to post. If ya pay for it i can see. So if yas be stupid for for posting dmb azz stuff then u get wht ya get. fk nut.
    Actually I spent $5.88 on 100 points and used the in-game shop. It has most, if not everything, that the shop on the website has. Much more easier to use in my opinion because you get the item right after you click "okay." And the $5.88 I spent was on a giftcard that was about to expire. So I used the brochures I bought and I was impressed. Each time I would get something of either high quality or quantity. For instance, I would use one brochure from the eight-pack and get 500,000 silver coins. Another time I would get an Anubis Change Charm, and some other rare items. I also got 100,000 silver coins from it. So I used my $5.88 that way about to vanish, and ended up making about 2,500,000 silver coins and like 4 rare items. I think that my experience was a a good one and worth the low amount of money.

And clicking to move is a trillion times easier than holding the arrow keys down or  WASD. I play this game more than I play my LotRO which I spent 65$ on so far.