A few weeks ago I asked if Eve Online was for me. First thanks to everyone who responded, both good and bad. I'm sure Eve, or at least Eve's public image, prefers an informed person who decides not to play instead of an uninformed person who signs up, has awful time, then tells everyone about it. That being said, I'm still on the fence about joining. My City of Heroes character reached 50, but there are still things left to do plus I'd like to play around with the invention system (so far I'm not very impressed). Also the big office project isn't done and I'd rather not start the free trial when I may have to stay late a few nights.
Personal issues aside, I still have some lingering concerns.
1) With so many players how do you find your nitche? Wouldn't all the nitches be taken?
2) How big of a problem is cheating by the Devs?
3) How big of a problem is scamming by fellow players?
4) Where do I go for signing up with a corp?
5) How important is it to sign up with a corp (player or computer)?
6) Are there any sort of walk throughs I can read on the web without downloading the game demo and signing up for the free trial period?
My character concept/goal is a miner/manufacturer. I want to gather resources and produce products. It doesn't matter what I gather, I'll take anything. I don't plan to specialize since it narrows your options. So I'd like to acculmulate all the blueprints I can. As a back up, I would take trading jobs and courier assignments. Is this feasible?