Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 instead of wow?

2»

Comments

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    Lineage 2 is absolutely the opposite of WoW my friend.  Now, that's neither a positive nor it is a negative.  It's simply this, if you choose to invest money on this game and it's servers, you will also invest time.  WoW was not some much about time as it was about gear.  L 2 is time...a long, long amount of time. 

You will truly experience what it means to go "hard core" with gaming...In WoW you had those raid guilds where you felt like it was another job to "clock in" and "clock out" of work each day...not Lineage 2...every day brings the same grind...LOL and NOT for "rep", like in WoW.  For you to make level 60 in L 2, (and that's NOT the highest level), you will need to allocate at least 5 to 6 hours each day, (7 days a week), for at least a year.  Hehehehe, and that may not be enough time, if you PvP much or find yourself in a clan that's constantly at war with other clans!  Time....you will invest time my dear former WoWer.

Crafting, you ask, well yeah, I guess...if you want to be a dwarf.  They are the only race allowed to go full tilt crafting.  Crafting itself isn't too much fun after you are able to create "A grade" and "S grade"  The economy in Lineage 2 is the worst of all the MMO's.  Many of the highest grade armor and weapons are well into the billions of adena.  So, guess where many "hard core" players go for an adena loan?

Lineage 2 is the BEST open PvP game on the market right now, but...

I hope you have budgeted some time ...

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    Originally posted by nastilon

Do NOT play this game. 

Lineage 2 in North America is simply a cash cow for the Korean branch.  The players in North America get no feedback or anything from the devs.

This game is a big scam, the people running it here don' t care about any of the issues they simply keep the servers running.

Interesting assessment, wouldn't you think?  Care to share with us why you have so much venom here?

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581
    Originally posted by alyndale

Originally posted by nastilon

Do NOT play this game. 

Lineage 2 in North America is simply a cash cow for the Korean branch.  The players in North America get no feedback or anything from the devs.

This game is a big scam, the people running it here don' t care about any of the issues they simply keep the servers running.

Interesting assessment, wouldn't you think?  Care to share with us why you have so much venom here?

Cause they don't care...

if we say we had C6 right now, instead off C5 with a interlude patch koreans already have C7, it takes em forever to get the updates for us.

the gm's can't help you with much either, for instance if your account gets hacked ncsoft will not restore your Gear.

in the eula or whatever, its illegal to bot and they say its a bannable offense, but just look at this topic http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77552, seems the majorty think's that 90% off the people who plays lineage2 uses Walker, and in this poll farmer's aren't even countet in.

and no they not banning people because they only care about money income, if they ban the people on walker the game would die.
  • SilverasSilveras Member Posts: 2
    I hated the grind. The starting areas are dead. The economy is completely unbalanced and quality gear is out of reach.  O and the BOTS suck. Complete waste of money.