Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling all Alpha testers!

Comments

• PepsoPepso Member Posts: 6

lol you`re right::::01::

• ForodwaithForodwaith Member Posts: 21

That`s a mistake , in the high level cities, u can walk from one place to another, i think that they call these Expirience Places - there are monsters in it,and even some sort of quest.

I have an another question, I read in some forums that in the  Guild Hall the banners will be with the Sign of the Guild, but it wasn`t like that in WPE...would it be in the final version?

Also...there was rumors that if a Guild is strong enough, it could keep an eye on one of the town,the banner of the guild will be on the top of the city, another guild could attack that city...is that all true?

And what happened with the Guild Treasure...very interesting Idea...

image At last- will there any 1v1 ?        

My fists have shatterd men`s dreams,
    destroyed families and crushed hopes.
    But when i open these hand I can hold my wfe,make my childrens lough and even aid others.
    The path we take is not right,
    it`s simply the path that we choose.

• HelixwolfHelixwolf Member Posts: 345

My question is that does GW turn into a grind at the beginning levels and/or near the level "cap". Also, do you level insanely fast or is it more of a "you really need to work for your level". (Please forgive me if these have already been asked/answered)

I was recently in WoW and quit because I did not like the grind in the later levels and the insanely fast leveling that got some people to lvl 60 (lvl cap) in only two weeks after release. Not to mention I got level 51 already in a month's time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad game in any way shape or form, but I just did not like the grind and the very fast leavling. I'm now turning towards GW because their is no monthly fee, plus some of the things I have read, but again I'm still unsure about the grind and leveling.

Please answer these questions if you can. Thanks!image

• WhiteknightWhiteknight Member Posts: 82

sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I am wondering about character creation mostly. I remember in the event the character main styles pretained mostly to thier class, as in if your a warrior this is the model who you can change some options and this is a monk who has a different model you can mess with. Is this how its going to be in release? or will we get to to just pick our character look regardless of our starting classes?

It's a good day to beleive

• _dark_rider__dark_rider_ Member Posts: 12
    Hello lucky alpha testers :) i have just 1 question... I've played the beta version of the game, and found that you have two options when it comes to characters. Option one would be to start at nothing, a basic character, and work your way up as you battle through the different missions, building your character in level and skill over time. I also know you can choose a pre-made character that already has been developed purely for the purpose of going out there and clashing with other people who want to compete. I realized after trying the ready-made character that he would not progress past level 20. I am curious as to how far the levels will go, and if indeed it does stop at 20 in the final, retail version of the game. I realize it is a beta version and there are still changes that will be made when comparing to the final release of the game, but I wanted to know what the chances were of increasing the maximum to say 100. This in my opinion would offer a lot more openness and flexability to the already massively addictive game. I think it would open up doors and make the game deeper. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT like it is (well except for this level thing :p) Thanks for your time!

_dark_rider_

• QanarQanar Member Posts: 11

The raise of the level cap is NOT needed... the game starts when you reach Ascension (lvl 20). How else would you even out the many guild vs guild battles?

My question: Ascalon Area is pretty grim, destroyed by the Charr and all, as to Kryta and jungle are beautifull, green. Beside Shiverpeak, can you give an indication of other area's?
    And are there other mission's then the starters in Ascalon? With other words, will the story lead back to Ascalon?

• KurayaminoKurayamino Member Posts: 5

What I'm personally wondering about, has there/will there be any 'mass' combat? aka a very large number of people killing a 'boss mob' thats quite strong and very hard to beat. Or (guild)battles larger then 8vs8. I've played and seen these kind of things in a number of mmorpg's, and in about 99% of the cases it was quite alot of fun (even though we got slaughtered sometimes). Thx in advance for any info.

• cooldevocooldevo Member Posts: 371

Originally posted by Kurayamino

What I'm personally wondering about, has there/will there be any 'mass' combat? aka a very large number of people killing a 'boss mob' thats quite strong and very hard to beat.

AFAIK there will be no "mass" combat.  That is not the point of the game.  That would make it like any other MMOG that is out there.  This is a game of skill, where you have to work with a small team of players to over come obstacles.  As far as GvG, I don't know much about that.
  • zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

Given the fact of no montly fee, is the game technicaly ready for onslaught of massive amount of players, or will we see server ques, as in wow, not being techincaly ready for the masses?

Are servers going to be population restricted ? How are zones going to be managed to deal with over camping same mobs?

• semanticsemantic Member Posts: 122

This game is going to be totally ready for however many people play it when it launches. ArenaNet is just better than Blizzard. No queues, ever. (ok there can always be problems, but we'll see. during the WPE in October they got caught with their pants down and had to bring up some extra capacity to meet demand. took them about an hour.)

There are no 'servers' like in WoW. Everybody logs into the same system, then the system intelligently divides people up into zones to reduce traffic and load. You can switch zones any time you want to meet up with friends. I do it all the time.

There is no camping in GW. When you enter a mission, it's just you and your team vs. the mission/mobs. No one can be there before you, and no one can come along after you.

Don't worry. There won't be any downside to playing GW on the very first day. Believe me.

• drewddrewd Member Posts: 238

thanks man::::32::

• tubulartubular Member Posts: 30

I have tried the beta version and its really cool im crazy for this game image

well one of my friends told me that after the game comes out every 9 or so months there will be a new expasion for the game, is it true? and if it is do we have to pay for it??

• petieb22191petieb22191 Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by tubular

I have tried the beta version and its really cool im crazy for this game image
    well one of my friends told me that after the game comes out every 9 or so months there will be a new expasion for the game, is it true? and if it is do we have to pay for it??

I heard an expansion will comeout every 6 months and yes you will have to pay for them just like any other game
  • tubulartubular Member Posts: 30

anyone know how much will the expansion cost?image

• VeragonVeragon Member Posts: 78

I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere to where the first one was probably gonna be $50, and the following ones will be $30. I personally think they will only be $30 a piece though.

• XardasteoXardasteo Member Posts: 159

i don't care, gonna buy them for every price ::::03:: (ok, i'll not go over $55)::::12::

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Leader of the MindRebels Alliance

Our Guild & Forum
    -----------------------------------------

• transangtransang Member Posts: 1
    Im on a cable internet connection on a 400 meg plan. sigh was on 12 gig but...... Would i be able o play this game?
  • elite_texanelite_texan Member Posts: 44

you mean a 12mbps plan and now your on a 4mbps plan correct? but anyway my question is ( i have no idea if its been asked, cuz this thing is 10 pages long)....anyway is there gonna be like a system to like upgrade weapons and armor and such? or like have + items

• BigxBigx Member Posts: 148

Sorry not a alpha, but is there a free trial period?  I am verty interested in the game.

Learnded my lesson with UO. image

Thanks

• VeragonVeragon Member Posts: 78
    For starters, this game I would go to hell to retrieve it. Secondly, there is a way to get BETTER armor than that of which you are wearing. Gather the right materials, go to the crafter, and build your armor. As for adding certain things to your armor to make them UNIQUE, I have no idea. Sorry I couldn't help further. As for the free trial deal...:) No there is no free trial since it is a f2p game once you buy it.
  • MOOMANiBEMOOMANiBE Member Posts: 7

"As for adding certain things to your armor to make them UNIQUE, I have no idea."

Currently, the only "armor customization" that I know of is dying it different colors. Dyes can be expensive though, as some colors don't drop too often. If regular colors aren't enough for you, though, you can always mix up to four dyes into a single color :D
    In addition, there are many different armor types in the game, and each type has its own unique look as well as certain stistical benefits or tradeoffs. If I recall, each class has at least three different types of level 20 armor, if not more.

• gandalfrockmgandalfrockm Member Posts: 1

I'm not an alpha tester, BUT I can answer some of these questions.

I wouldnt worry about them running into the issues wow did at luanch they have a completely different erver architecture, guild wars network is far less difficcult to scale dynamically, and has substantially less bandwidth requirments.  Its a large part of why they will not have a monthly fee.

As far as customizing weapons and armor goes, well there are plent y of options , the dye has already been mentioned but it is also possible to attatch runes to your armor , runes can do alot from adding hitpoints, to improving skill attributes.  Also available a re a variety of bowstrings, blades, hafts, and hilts, for customizing weapons.

• MOOMANiBEMOOMANiBE Member Posts: 7

"runes can do alot from adding hitpoints, to improving skill attributes. Also available a re a variety of bowstrings, blades, hafts, and hilts, for customizing weapons."

When I made that post, I was thinking more along the lines of visual cutsomization -- runes and such don't change the physical appearance of your items.

• flipfloppyflipfloppy Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by Xardasteo

i don't care, gonna buy them for every price ::::03:: (ok, i'll not go over $55)::::12::

ya me too, but i doubt they'll be more than the orginal game... $30 sounds fair enough
  • AlgelAlgel Member Posts: 2

____________________________________________________________________________________

Well, there is still no much information on this due to that it is not yet implemented. Also, clan wars can be done in the Arena(where it is faster and easier to PvP than in a tournament.). There are no player houses/towns yet, this is only for guilds. Guilds will be able to have Guild Halls, and even own a town, and yes other Guilds can seige for it.

____________________________________________________________________________________

That was just what i wanted to hear to get the GuildWars, :D ( i've done it yet, but now i'm happier)

Until u know u'll die, u r useless