Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's (un)official- development stopped for mxo

KusyaKusya Member Posts: 29
Some reliable sources (don't ask) and rumours are circulating about the forthcoming death of mxo

Development (content) has stopped.

-Remember the promises for Org abilities? Shortly after their annoucements the person in charge of it (HCFrog) left

and nobody continued his work. That was a year ago

-Remember the Trojan and Zen Master tree? They were working over a year ago, accidentally released. Development

for this has stopped as well. Simply because they do not have the manpower to balance and fix the bugs/exploits that may arise.

-Mxo art team dismantled and went to other games (chadwick's words).

-Old cinematics dumped for poor quality slideshows.

-Dismantling of the QA server. More than a year ago too, right after CR2.

-Walrus, the community coordinator left as well for better things with a moderator taking his place.

-No to mention that the game is not promoted - has been taken off the shelves - there is no free trial - no live event team

-Even the Wachowski won't have anything to do with mxo, who can blame them?

When was the last real content developped?

-More than a year ago, the Pandora Box and CR2 and that wasn't the work of SOE - and I don't like to call Pandora new content because it is just the same missions and farming, just longer. Same for CR2, it was merely changing the combat system, not content itself.

-Archival Missions, stats reset missions, appearance changing missions. Again nothing new just the same missions over and over.

-Luggables are just items that can be dropped on the ground and provide buffs or help with events and roleplaying. This has been in the drawers for a good 8 months? Brief appearance during the xmas event and probably few more months if it hasn't been dropped as well.

The reality

SOE have come to realise that the code of mxo is beyond repair and wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Not to mention that they sacked most if not all of the Monolith staff who could make things work better. They also realised that trying to work with this engine is not worth the costs. All they wanted was the WB license, the game itself has no future. Important people in mxo have been moved to different games. Bottom line is mxo doesnt have the resources to develop, test and maintain any new content.

What now?

The few devs are doing simple modding retexturing (items and special fx), continueing the story line without a proper team.

There are commercial adverts in game, even though the game isn't offically advertised anywhere. SOE is happy a few hundred people  keep paying a subscription. Hardcore fans and fanbois will not mind paying $15 a month for a game that  is not even worth a third of that. Servers are mostly empty but for some hours of the day where the same folks gather to do some fighting.

When will it shut down?

Read my lips. End of the year, beginning of next year at most. How do I know? I could tell you but then I will have to kill you :)

And I'd be very surprised if it survives another xmas with all the big titles coming out. RIP mxo.

Comments

• RoukanRoukan Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Kusya

Some reliable sources (don't ask) and rumours are circulating about the forthcoming death of mxo

-Remember the promises for Org abilities? Shortly after their annoucements the person in charge of it (HCFrog) left

This part is true. I doubt Rarebit, Dracomet, and 9mmfu have the time or the patience to work on that right now, when we could get *gasp* content!

-Remember the Trojan and Zen Master tree? They were working over a year ago, accidentally released. Development

for this has stopped as well. Simply because they do not have the manpower to balance and fix the bugs/exploits that may arise.

Trojan Horse, Zen Master, and Citadel Coder were introduced to combat Hacker overpoweredness in CR1. They thought CR2 would be a better solution, therefore those trees were scrapped.

That's true.

I miss the old ones.

Yep.

-Walrus, the community coordinator left as well for better things with a moderator taking his place.

Walrus has left the public eye to focus on production of the game, rather then spend all his time working on DN1.

-No to mention that the game is not promoted - has been taken off the shelves - there is no free trial - no live event team

Launchpad 2.

Now where'd you hear this?

-More than a year ago, the Pandora Box and CR2 and that wasn't the work of SOE - and I don't like to call Pandora new content because it is just the same missions and farming, just longer. Same for CR2, it was merely changing the combat system, not content itself.

These next 2 patches.

-Archival Missions, stats reset missions, appearance changing missions. Again nothing new just the same missions over and over.

Appearance changing isn't a mission.

-Luggables are just items that can be dropped on the ground and provide buffs or help with events and roleplaying. This has been in the drawers for a good 8 months? Brief appearance during the xmas event and probably few more months if it hasn't been dropped as well.

Was at the Anniversary event as well. Which was.. last month?

The reality

SOE have come to realise that the code of mxo is beyond repair and wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Not to mention that they sacked most if not all of the Monolith staff who could make things work better. They also realised that trying to work with this engine is not worth the costs. All they wanted was the WB license, the game itself has no future. Important people in mxo have been moved to different games. Bottom line is mxo doesnt have the resources to develop, test and maintain any new content.

The original team developed MxO so hard-coded so they won't lose their job. How well that worked, huh? Rarebit has said changing appearance, wearing a hat/bandana combo is impossible among other things, and yet they're slowly coming in game. Your source is apparently stupid.

What now?

The few devs are doing simple modding retexturing (items and special fx), continueing the story line without a proper team.

There are commercial adverts in game, even though the game isn't offically advertised anywhere. SOE is happy a few hundred people  keep paying a subscription. Hardcore fans and fanbois will not mind paying $15 a month for a game that  is not even worth a third of that. Servers are mostly empty but for some hours of the day where the same folks gather to do some fighting.

I won't deny that, except the first sentence. Again, your source is dumb, and you hould go see for yourself.

When will it shut down?

Read my lips. End of the year, beginning of next year at most. How do I know? I could tell you but then I will have to kill you :)

And I'd be very surprised if it survives another xmas with all the big titles coming out. RIP mxo.

If it's true, RIP MxO, if not, eat your words.
  • DenaryDenary Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by Roukan

This part is true. I doubt Rarebit, Dracomet, and 9mmfu have the time or the patience to work on that right now, when we could get *gasp* content!

Since the beginning of CR2 we've had the following content released to us, archive missions and rewards, White Hallways and organizational area's, Character altering Pills, Background alter, Corrupt quests, and the mentioned luggables that are in development but have had well recieved tests

Trojan Horse, Zen Master, and Citadel Coder were introduced to combat Hacker overpoweredness in CR1. They thought CR2 would be a better solution, therefore those trees were scrapped.

That's true.

I miss the old ones.

The slideshows are definetally not poor quality, each cinematic is hand drawn and voice actors dub each cinematic every six weeks

Yep.

MxO got the test server only to test CR2, we don't have any major updates coming along on the scale of CR2 so the dev team don't have any need for it.

Walrus has left the public eye to focus on production of the game, rather then spend all his time working on DN1.

Launchpad 2.

Now where'd you hear this?

These next 2 patches.

The character alter pills are the latest addition to MxO and we're a big hit, Corrupt quests are coming along soon aswell, Also saying that you don't like to call Pandora's box new content because you have to stick to whats in the confines of the game is really stupid, any quest has to fall in the realms of missions or gathering items, there isn't any other way they can do it, this is the same for all games so if you don't like that then I'd recommend you don't play MMO's

Appearance changing isn't a mission.

Was at the Anniversary event as well. Which was.. last month?

The reality

The original team developed MxO so hard-coded so they won't lose their job. How well that worked, huh? Rarebit has said changing appearance, wearing a hat/bandana combo is impossible among other things, and yet they're slowly coming in game. Your source is apparently stupid.

What now?

I won't deny that, except the first sentence. Again, your source is dumb, and you hould go see for yourself.

When will it shut down?

If it's true, RIP MxO, if not, eat your words.

There are a lot of fans still here and most of them will stick around, Syntax and Recursion are pretty populated and Vector although isn't all the time can get some pretty high numbers when it wants to.
    I've just added to what rouken has put as he's missed some stuff out.

• SeanDavisSeanDavis Member Posts: 412

Then why wasn't it shut down a year ago?

At least this sounds like good conspiracy. Yea, he left and his work was scrapped. That was less than a year ago, I believe.

News flash: the devs lack manpower and skills/knowledge, and the game lacks funding and resources. Has been like this for more than a year, old news. Why hasn't the game died after more than a year of basically the same circumstances?

You could say, he exchanged his job as a community manager for MxO for a job as a producer for another SOE game. The moderator (not a player moderator) only took his place as a community relations manager, Walrus still produces the game.

It isn't promoted... but I've heard you can find it on shelves (not sure, though). And there was talk about setting up a permanent free trial soon.

Yea, no LET, old news, been like this for more than a year.

They still have conversations with Chadwick, and even refused some idea Rarebit had.

Ignoramus.

PB introduced a new game mechanic, and new items (some of which just temporary, other bonus-giving). It's content by all means.

CR 2.0 wasn't content, it was a combat revision - that doesn't make it less of a gameplay development.

You certainly mean "critical missions", archivals are just copies of those released earlier. Um, ignoramus?

They might be the same gameplay wise (though actually they have some variety in scenarios), but they're certainly not the same in the sense that they're all individually written with thought, creativity and coherence, like PB.

Just sorry, when someone fails to recognize this and says "they're just the same", I consider him ignorant and narrow-minded.

Stat reset missions? That was seriously just ONE.

Appearence changing missions? There are no missions, it's dungeon farming. Ignoramus.

The reality

What now?

Sounds like the truth.

When will it shut down?

I don't think you have some secret knowledge from secret resources, 007, you're just making it up. Or why else shouldn't we ask you?

The points you've brought up here are either wrong, or mostly just sad, old news that have been the case for a year or more. It hasn't died then, why should it die now? Except of HCFrog, what has become really worse than a year ago?

• KusyaKusya Member Posts: 29
    At least you admit that all new "content" is just doing the same missions and farming with different text on the screen and different rewards.

You wanted to compare about MMO's. I have played mmorpg for years (EQ EQ2 neocron anarchy online swg wow gw coh cov vanguard dark and light and many others) I can make a list of things mxo will never see, I dont even need to mention expansions.

(player housing, vehicles, pvp honor system, territory control, proper crafting better than getting codebits and clicking a button, politics...)

Just have a look at swg or even wow and you know what content is.

Why it hasnt shut a year ago? Because there were much more subscribers last year. It would be foolish to thik that expensive servers and staff will be kept at a loss to please the remaining players - yes all 5 of you -

Having said that, my source is reliable. Don't hold your breath for mxo.

At least you admit that all new "content" is just doing the same missions and farming with different text on the screen and different rewards.

You wanted to compare about MMO's. I have played mmorpg for years (EQ EQ2 neocron anarchy online swg wow gw coh cov vanguard dark and light and many others) I can make a list of things mxo will never see, I dont even need to mention expansions.

(player housing, vehicles, pvp honor system, territory control, proper crafting better than getting codebits and clicking a button, politics...)

Just have a look at swg or even wow and you know what content is.

Why it hasnt shut a year ago? Because there were much more subscribers last year. It would be foolish to thik that expensive servers and staff will be kept at a loss to please the remaining players - yes all 5 of you -

And there is where your so called source excuse fails. These are your opinions, not some source feeding you things. You read all the bad hype about MxO, and call it true just because they use big words.

Almost every MMO you listed is fantasy. That's right, fantasy as in elves, orcs, and goblins.

What is the matrix? The Matrix is a simulated world in which men and women called redpills fight for humanity. That may not be the case in the game's story line, but put me in perspective WHERE exactly Player housing, vehicles, territory control, and coding without code bits fit into place.

Player Housing? Sure, if you're a bluepill, but this is the Matrix. Vehicles I can understand, but the servers are shit. Territory control? THE WHOLE SIMULATION IS OWNED BY THE MACHINES. Code bits are just that, bits of information into code. You try farming frags now a days for higher level stuff. It's a pain in the ass.

I'd rather have slow re-usable boring content than content that does not fit into the story of The Matrix.
    I must have missed the orcs and elves in Neocron, AO, coh, cov and swg. Is there a code to unlock them?

Almost every MMO you listed is fantasy. That's right, fantasy as in elves, orcs, and goblins.

The actual tone and genre have little to do with this.

What is the matrix? The Matrix is a simulated world in which men and women called redpills fight for humanity. That may not be the case in the game's story line (except they don't just fight for the humanity but their goals are more specific and diverse, yes, it is the case in the game's storyline...), but put me in perspective WHERE exactly Player housing, vehicles, territory control, and coding without code bits fit into place.

Player Housing? Sure, if you're a bluepill, but this is the Matrix.

Wrong, some redpills choose to live inside the Matrix. At least, they can have an alternate "home" there, when they aren't jacked out. People such as Mervs or Cypherites would probably like that.

Vehicles I can understand, but the servers are shit.

Vehicles belong into the Matrix unquestionably, but yes, the servers suck, the devs can't develop it. Point for Kusya.

Territory control? THE WHOLE SIMULATION IS OWNED BY THE MACHINES.

Um, nah. How about the Merovingian, who has a huge influence? How about the gangs, or Exiles known as "neighborhood contacts" ruling territories? Why not also redpills?

Code bits are just that, bits of information into code. You try farming frags now a days for higher level stuff. It's a pain in the ass.

Well, I suppose even within the concept of the Matrix, the coding system in MxO could be much more complex and challenging.

Yea, mostly. I admit what is the case, why shouldn't I?

I sincerely don't wanna be the moron yelling "lol your resource is just made up and sux, probably some stupid ex-player lol" in order to provoke you to spit out more details, or just convince myself that you're wrong.

But seriously, I also don't want to be the moron who believes any clown who makes some claims and can only back it up with "my resource is reliable, but don't ask".

-The number of subscribers isn't officially known, the world wasn't much emptier a year ago than it is now, and I personally see more "hey I'm new" threads on the forums than "lol leaving mxo" threads.

-The Wachowskis are confirmed to still have an influence and involvement with the storyline, by Rarebit, and I think Paul Chadwick.

-Walrus still produces the game. Did you even know he was producer, while calling him "community coordinator"?

If you want to put "official statements" as lies, and want to claim knowledge about officially unknown facts, YOUR SOURCE BETTER BE A MOLE AT SOE, one that doesn't know about Walrus' job.

And if you seriously believe there were many stat reset missions, or that appearence changing pills are missions, either your source is blatantly ignorant, or you are. Your last OP about story and events was equally ignorant and inaccurate.

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously, considering this?

The rest you said was just common, years old knowledge, no source required. It doesn't prove a damn thing, except the game's mediocre.
  • ZeroMarkZeroMark Member Posts: 1
    Few things to add, I myself am an MXO player, playing since beta, and to an extent i have to agree with the original post. When SOE bought over MXO they really let us down, we lost a large chunk of the dev team, the live events team was disbanded. To date, MXO has one of the smallest dev teams in the MMO world.

I would agree SOE are clearly not intrested in the game, if they were it would be on game store shelves and people would be hearing about the new additions to the dev teams. However, to say that its about to die, is just silly. Just so you know, ive been told its empty and going to die since SOE bought it. Still waiting.

What MXO does have :

One of the best communities ive seen in an MMO

Fantastic Graphics

Unique combat system (Interlock)

Daily live events with real characters (A person, not just Darth Vader NPC dropping from the sky)

A continuing storyline - Continuing daily

Image changing pills

Unique crafting system (Players collect items for their recipe list. If you find it, decompile it, you can code it.)

Interchangable character class system

Orginisation Player VS Player combat

PVE content - Missions, Contact missions, Archives, Pandoras box

Fantastic Role Playing background and story for players.

Anyways, to an extent i agree with the original post. However, unless your contact is head of SOE or a Dev from MXO, im not worried. MXO will soon have its continual free trial system, plus more added PVE content. Thats good enough for me.

Zero
    Originally posted by SeanDavis

Territory control? THE WHOLE SIMULATION IS OWNED BY THE MACHINES.

Um, nah. How about the Merovingian, who has a huge influence? How about the gangs, or Exiles known as "neighborhood contacts" ruling territories? Why not also redpills?
    They're exiles. The merovingian has a vast power network that took many many simulations to acquire.

Code bits are just that, bits of information into code. You try farming frags now a days for higher level stuff. It's a pain in the ass.

Well, I suppose even within the concept of the Matrix, the coding system in MxO could be much more complex and challenging.

No doubt there, but would it be worth wasting time when there could be content put in? It's fine as it is.

1. Well, they're Exiles, not Mervs - he only tolerates them, making them pay taxes or something.

The Machines own the simulation, why don't they just come and wipe them out? Then why should the try to stop the redpills from controlling territories?

There are already at least two such redpills, Grace (Furihata, I think) who has some influence or beef over/with some gang (a shame, I forgot that), and Madame T. (she's in Historic District, I'm not sure if she really controls the neighborhood). The latter one definitely really LIVES in the Matrix.

2. It wouldn't be content, but an improvement. CR 2.0 was, aswell.
    Originally posted by SeanDavis

1. Well, they're Exiles, not Mervs - he only tolerates them, making them pay taxes or something.

The Machines own the simulation, why don't they just come and wipe them out? Then why should the try to stop the redpills from controlling territories?

There are already at least two such redpills, Grace (Furihata, I think) who has some influence or beef over/with some gang (a shame, I forgot that), and Madame T. (she's in Historic District, I'm not sure if she really controls the neighborhood). The latter one definitely really LIVES in the Matrix.

2. It wouldn't be content, but an improvement. CR 2.0 was, aswell.
    1.) You misread. I said exiles, then I stated the Merovingian's part of your earlier post.

You know really, I don't know why they don't just wipe out the exiles. It was my excuse to post something other than "Look at how many devs we have and then re-ask the question."

2.) I never said it would be content, but it's an improvement we can do without for now.
    You have probably read and noticed the SOE article on the main page.

Other SOE Stuff     where is the matrix online?

For those fans already loyal to an SOE game or two, there is a ton of new content coming out for all your favorite existing SOE products: Everquest, Everquest II, Star Wars Galaxies, and Vanguard Saga of Heroes have all got something on the horizon. A new expansion and content will also be available for Pirates Constructible Strategy, Star Chamber and the Stargate Online card game (Even if they're not MMOs, we thought you might be interested). We will have more on these games, and their updates, as the material gets closer to launch.  Awesome, even a card game will get new content and mxo is nowhere on that list.

SOE capped off the event by leaving a logo for the upcoming DC Online on-screen at the end of the presentation. The Batman animated series soundtrack was a nice touch as well. It will be interesting to see what happens when SOE's DC Online goes head-to-head with the Cryptic Studios created Marvel Universe Online.

That's why SOE bought mxo, for the DC license. Damn you SOE
    If they hadn't, Monolith would probably have shut it down a year ago.

You know what I have to say to your post, goth? BIG. FUCKING. NEWS.

Been like this for an eternity since SOE bought the game, it only gets marginally mentioned in some SOE Podcasts or occasionally among other games. Wow, a true evidence this game is shutting down THIS YEAR.

Everyone knows MxO has comparably few players. Everyone knows SOE doesn't care about MxO. Everyone knows it only gets marginally mentioned, if at all, at SOE sites. Everyone knows it won't get expansions, or hasn't until now.

It has been like this for a long, long time, so all you're doing is bringing up old, common knowledge, equipping it with some fat INACCURACIES, and presenting this worthless piece of junk as something (UN)OFFICIAL, with some "reliable source".

You don't even have anything to respond to the blatant inaccuracies in your first post. You know what, no one's gonna take you seriously anymore(lol), feel free to promote MxO's lack of attention but stop selling it as something more than it is.

Thank you for your understanding.
    It may have been like that for a long time but it doesn't mean it will stay on forever.  Just a few more months to be precise.

Goth? I think I can find better sources than that

It may have been like that for a long time but it doesn't mean it will stay on forever.  Just a few more months to be precise.

Goth? I think I can find better sources than that
    No, it also doesn't mean it'll shut down in a few months after being this way for over a year. All you're saying is old common knowledge and inaccuracies, realize that already.

Better sources? What makes you think I was talking about sources?
  • freiheitfreiheit Member Posts: 264

MXO won't shut down because content develoment has stopped. It's been like this for a while. It just won't get any better.

Folks I love the game, I love the community the only thing I hate with a passion is SOE.

You have the right to protect the game you enjoy and I have the right to rant about it, in the end, us matrix fans, are on the same boat

lead by captain SOE. This game had the potential to be the greatest ever but the captain pissed on it, they have the millions to make something of it but they chose to ignore the will of thousands of subscribers.

The Matrix is really unique. No other can really compete. Look at DC comics, it already faces competetion from Marvel and COH. SOE has a beautiful license in front of them and chose to ignore it and chase the path of everybody else and they will fail again.

I saw this post made it to mxo forums and I am flattered :) I am not a hater, not a Gothique, it doesn't matter who I am or who you think I am, that's besides the point.

We can talk about this again after a few months because I sure as hell will necro this thread :)

Folks I love the game, I love the community the only thing I hate with a passion is SOE.

You have the right to protect the game you enjoy and I have the right to rant about it, in the end, us matrix fans, are on the same boat

lead by captain SOE. This game had the potential to be the greatest ever but the captain pissed on it, they have the millions to make something of it but they chose to ignore the will of thousands of subscribers.

The Matrix is really unique. No other can really compete. Look at DC comics, it already faces competetion from Marvel and COH. SOE has a beautiful license in front of them and chose to ignore it and chase the path of everybody else and they will fail again.

I saw this post made it to mxo forums and I am flattered :) I am not a hater, not a Gothique, it doesn't matter who I am or who you think I am, that's besides the point.

We can talk about this again after a few months because I sure as hell will necro this thread :)
    I think you entirely miss the point of this entire debate:

I wasn't protecting the game (I don't enjoy it all that much), I wasn't critisizing you for ranting about it, freedom of speech was never a topic in this thread.

What I was criticizing you for: making a bold claim, with the pretension of reliability and dependency on a "reliable source" that is obviously too important to be named, BUT presenting nothing but old, common knowledge and FLAT OUT INACCURACIES in your argumentation.

The first type is worth zero, the second type's worth has a negative algebraic sign.

What I was also criticizing you for, was not backing up the latter one in any way, which I think we can all agree heavily rasps at one's credibility, and on the reliability of contingent "sources".

On to the next point, you hate SOE. Why do you hate SOE? Don't you realize that the game was sold to SOE by Monolith, no I correct myself, HAD TO BE SOLD to SOE by Monolith in the first place, because it was already going down the drain and Monolith didn't know what to do?

Why was it going down the drain? Monolith was putting much of resources in the game, but it didn't live up to the playerbase which decreased... because the game sucked in many aspects, like all these silly bugs or server lag, whatever.

I don't know what you expect of SOE, MxO is just one of many games that already wasn't very popular/great when they received it, they have no rational reason to treat them with greater respect than it financially deserves. I can't believe you hate them for that, with a passion, when all they do is not risking money loss on a game that brings them little profit.

You can criticize their business tactics, but hating them for common sense behavior is just stupid imho.

Also, you claim you only hate SOE, yet a few months ago, you made a thread that complained about story elements SOE isn't responsible for in any way, and made other claims that were, again, wrong.

Maybe you just don't like the game, or what appointed writers (by the unique Matrix authors) do with it?

I'm sorry to have connected with you with another person, called Gothique, but you'll have to agree that certain facts made this assumption more than suggesting, and still do.

Who you are does make a difference by the way, with the credibility of the person falls the credibility of the person's claims, which is common sense. If you *were* the same person that falsely announced the end of the game a year ago (?) with similar words about "reliable sources", it has a great significance to the "point".

See ya in two months, I guess I'll have to admit my falseness if the game shuts down, but at this point, it looks like nothing else than that you're full of it, I think I've made it sufficiently clear.

Cya

zeroone5069
  • KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Roukan

Hmmm, no. Zen Master was indeed implemented to counter hackers and add a little balance in CR1. I don't know where you get that Trojan Horse and Citadel Coder were introduced to combat hacker overpoweredness, they were not designed to add balance, they were designed to add NEW content (something that hasn't been added to MxO in a long time).

Here's a description of the trees written by one of the devs back then:

"The Trojan Horse is the one off the Hacker branch and that one has got some direct viral attacks but it’s designed to be more survivable against physical combat to get in the middle of opponents. As they attack the Trojan Horse, they end up damaging themselves as the Trojan Horse procs damages or heals to the team members around him. So that’s gonna be a lot of fun.

The Citadel Coder is a specialist form of simulacra. It’s designed to not last as long as your normal simulacra but has the ability to do a tremendous amount of damage or other effects. So it’s somebody who will be able to set some kind of tactical trap. I think teams will be able to do hammer and anvil kind of scenarios - a lot of fun stuff like that."

I'd still take Zen Master with all its redundancy, or any other new tree for that matter, over some recycled missions or maps.
  • ArchendrusXArchendrusX Member UncommonPosts: 46
    First post!  Well anyway I like MxO.  I like the community...for the most part.  I like all the guys in my faction.  The  small amount of players makes it a bit more personal I think, you get to know everybody better.  I like the serialized storyline, it's constant new matierial for RP.  I like the interlock system, especially for pvp.  Is the content hurting?  Yes.  Does the game get boring sometimes?  Yes.  Is it painful to see tons of other MMO's get expansions and sequels galore?  Yes.  Will it die off in the near future?  Probably.  But I enjoy the game and will definitely be going down with the ship.  Who's comin' with me?!?! 
  • To bad its going to die, ive had the game lying around for over a year never had the chance to try it, wouldnt because Ive been playing other mmorpgs. And now I finnaly have the chance, many many years after its release and its basicly dead and will shut down soon. Not sure I want to bother trying it then if its gonna die next week or in a few months.

:|
    Originally posted by Crispin

To bad its going to die, ive had the game lying around for over a year never had the chance to try it, wouldnt because Ive been playing other mmorpgs. And now I finnaly have the chance, many many years after its release and its basicly dead and will shut down soon. Not sure I want to bother trying it then if its gonna die next week or in a few months. :|
    Um dude... if you've read this thread, you'll see that the OP's statement about the game shutting down is more than questionable.

This user is full of it and allows one ignorant inaccuracy after another. Keep in mind the improbable eventuality that Kusya's correct, like I do, but don't count on it. If you want to try this game out, go ahead.

(edited for minor language improvements)
  • I must admit I did not read the whole thread, I was kinda in a hurry and I should never had replied without reading all.

Thanks
  • NinevenNineven Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Someone just needs to make another Matrix MMORPG. A Matrix-oriented MMORPG should be the "ultimate" MMORPG, hands down. This game should be kicking ass, but instead; it was half-assed.