Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes - SOE Gamers Day 07 Trailer HD

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19378&type=wmv

Not really a good trailer, isn't exciting and the bums are still ugly + the graphics are pretty generic.... Oh and animations need work still.. Oh and the sounds everytime they hit something still sound like hitting Tin all the time.

Comments

• fariic1fariic1 Member Posts: 253

The dragon mount, forget what they called it, looked pretty nice.

Overall I thought it looked pretty good.

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

This video seems par for the course for Vanguard-- decent ideas, lousy execution.

For example: the ship in the water. While the ship itself looks decent, the water is laughable. There must be some new type of water at work in Telon, since a boat like that can sail through it and not leave a wave trail behind it, or any sort of splash or other indication that a boat is cutting through the water on its way to its destination.

And from my perspective, the combat still looks as stiff as I remember it, with the players moving like they're waist deep in water. Their animations are too slow and deliberate, especially considering that we're presumably seeing a high level boss battle.

There are some inspired visuals in there. It's just the details that are lacking, and which keep it from being brilliant.