Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about VCO

TacolaTacola Member CommonPosts: 263

The game looks pretty good, but I am wondering about the items you can buy.  Is it necessary to buy them to compete?  Can you play and be affective without spending extra cash?   If so, I will give it a go.  Otherwise it could become a money sink like other games where items can be bought in game.

Also, can the same goals be attained without spending extra money on these items.  Or are there areas and quest that cant be done without it?  Basicly how big a difference is it to not pay extra money?

Comments

• Jesse80Jesse80 Member Posts: 8

you do not need to buy the items to compete

the only item that would really help is the double ex scroll

I have been playing the game for over a month and I love it

wish I had more time to play

• TheSilencerTheSilencer Member Posts: 11

To be fair, having cash items give you a decisive advantage in PvP battles unless you have significantly higher levels/skills than your opponent.  For example, there is a healing potion sold by the Item Mall that heals 250 HP per second, usable for 100 times, that costs 20 VCO points (about $1).  For comparison, the entry level healing potion (only kind sold by NPC) heals 6 points per second for about 10 seconds.  You can get high level healing potions but only if buy from a high level alchemist player or if you are one yourself.

However, anything not to do with PvP are balanced enough that having Item Mall items give you pretty much no benefit, although they can be fun.  Hope you give it a shot!  Don't join Da Gama and James Cook server though, it has gotten pretty full since the merger.   JK.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I was wondering this myself. With no account, if I were to drop say $20 - $30 a month on whatever currency, am I going to have fun and be active in game?

Someone in another thread suggested he was a short run trader. Is that all part of in game content?