Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Devs still work on this game?

brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
Do the devs still work on this game, and try to make it better?

Comments

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261
    Hrm...Update 4 (all updates are free thus far) was released March 1 and included the long-awaited mail and auction house functions. 

Then there's this that was posted on the official forums on 5/7/07 by Zzyn (the Associate Producer):

Heya Folks,

While we are hard at work testing out many of the fixes and trying to get the races, new weapons, tournaments(with rewards), and other goodies all debugged and out to you, I thought I’d drop you a list of a few of the bug fixes and other items that have been addressed in the upcoming build.

Enjoy!

-Zzyn

Fixed a crash where a player attempts to collect received Mail with the option set to not allow windows to be dragged.

Biomek hazard mode has been changed to cause a slow when walking on an enemy, rather than a stun. This corrects the ‘perma’ stun it was causing before.

Fixed a number of issues with INC taking a player to an unexpected location.

Players can no longer interact with objects when they are ‘possessing’ another form (e.g. invasive bloodfly, hazard modes, etc.)

Ramming damage against some pet-type summons addressed. They should no longer ‘pop’ out of existence when lightly tapped.

Fixed an issue where the skill rollover text shows "Rank 10/1 (Max : 10)" at max rank.

Number input boxes for money in the auction house and mail can no longer hold more than 3 digits.

Phaseform Tigergarden’s silence has been toned down.

Added configurable method to stop sounds queuing into the future.

Clarification: If you want your pets to not attack your target, use Passive mode. When in obedient, they are supposed to attack your target, if any.

Fixed an issue with item customization and mail. (you know who you are)

Fixed: When a chassis mailed to another player to be tinkered and Mailed back the gadget slots could be closed again when the recipient received it.

Numerous graphic fixes in the world, with weapon placement on vehicles, with some tricks, some issues with tires/weapons clipping, and more.

The Newbie cars can now have tricks and trims applied to them!

Chassis should no longer slide on their own when the user has brought them to a stop. MANY cars were updated. Please let us know if you see any that are still doing this.

Many sound updates. Some cars got engine sounds, some weapon sounds updated/corrected.

Mission “"Can't Go Home" (Mutant, level 13) When mission is received, the waypoints now lead to more appropriate level mobs in a more appropriate location.

The ReconMaster Chassis has had some appropriate speed adjustments on some variants.

Corrected a number of cases where one variant of a vehicle would have differing weights where they weren’t intended to.

Fixed an issue with 'General Discomfort' where only 1 person in a convoy can complete the mission at a time.

Officers and Leaders are now the only ones who can invite new people to a clan.

Mission: Spies Lies - fixed so the target of the mission can no longer be pushed into inaccessible areas.

Alpha-sorting now available for locker and cargo.

It is now possible to buyout an item if you have the high bid and there is a buyout price on the item.

Tab now takes you to the next input field in the auction house and mail dialogs (in some cases is was going backwards)

Items received in mail should be able to be loot-linked without having to zone first.

Note on Racing: there is now an ‘instant race’ button in addition to the ‘instant action’ button on the OCD interface. Races have no level pre-requisites; any level can race against any other level.

The new partly destroyed Ground Zero is in. Several outposts were removed and replaced by destroyed outposts.

Player can no longer charge up their next hazard mode while in hazard mode.

1v1v1 and 1v1v1v1 match sizes for the races are available now. These matches will end one minute after the first person crosses the finish line even if the person who finished leaves the arena.

Players must still bid in increments of %10 unless the bid is equal to or higher then the buyout price in which case they can be less then %10.

Mail can not be sent to players that have you on their ignore list.

The body shop now can use items that are kept in the players lockers, such as paint cans and tricks.

Edited by Zzyn (05/07/07 11:58 AM)

So, the short answer to your question is..."yep"..the long answer was provided above.

• MidavegMidaveg Member Posts: 296
    That is a portion of the real list. More surprise lies ahead... which i hope.

All canceled. Waiting on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning.

• sololocosololoco Member Posts: 542

It happened to me several times and I've heard others also complain about missing missions. This is what the devs need to work on.

All of a sudden you finish all your missions and have no more. You go to zones you ran misisons prior to that and see nothing. YOu run back and forth and again nothing. So you have nothing to do. Then one day you again go to the same place you've been plenty of times and walla! there are missions for you but, they happen to be either 8-12 levels higher then you making it impossible to solo or..the missions are 20 plus levels lower where now although you breeze thru' them you barely get xp.

This mess up scene is what will happen to you somewhere along the line when leveling. Happen to me at level 19 the first time. Then again in the 30's and again in the 50's. Not much fun having to grind for many levels due to no missions and this system it has.

Other then this AA is ok.

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239

It happened to me several times and I've heard others also complain about missing missions. This is what the devs need to work on.

I hear you, but you must also remember that missiing ONE mission at a critical mission chain point can mean you miss out on a whole bunch of missions.

BEst way to level is to ACCEPT EVERY SINGLE MISSION YOU COME ACROSS.

SOme mission givers will keep giving you missions even though you havn't completed the first lot yet.
    I think its these points that its easy to do the mission (forgetting there could be a lot more missions from same point) and move on as you see missions appear elsewhere and are keen to see the next map etc.

I will aslo add that there was a bunch of broken chains, they got fixed recently.

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."