Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guess whos no longer a mod

ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
Well just for the few who know me here I've stopped modding the forums. It's been 3 years and 3 months and has been quite worth it.  Bassically I haven't gotten into a MMORPG for a long time (WoW was the last) and everything since has been pretty poor IMO. Having to come on here to mod the forums when MMORPGs are boring me for so long has taken it's toll and its just become very difficult to do daily. That's about it really for the short version.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
-----------------------------------------
ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

Comments

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586
    One less person to ban me for posting dissenting opinions to counter dissenting opinions!

My evil plan is slowly bearing fruit.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

KHAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!

I know you didn't post much, prolly busy modding peoples like above poster!    Or me! 

But I understand how you feel.  You want a good MMO, and are hoping for one...and years later...nothing...nada...but deceptions, disappointments and much more.  I wish the MMO to save us all is coming soon! 

PS: LOL, I just check and see the nearly 2k posts...okay, I am a geek, once and for all, completely biaised!  I guess I was trying to say...I would have want more posts from you!  2k posts?  More, want more! 

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• yowoeyowoe Member Posts: 15
    If you hold out for like a year for Warhammer, or at least until Blizzard's next-gen MMO announcement, I am sure that an MMORPG that won't bore you WILL come out....
  • ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    I used to post a lot which didn't hurt when getting the mod job. But that majority of those would be in the first few months of me being here. Thats why I said for the few who know me :) After I became a mod we had to watch it a bit and over time I found myself typing a post only to close it thinking I shouldn't. But yes I was always here everyday watching the place like a hawk till recently.

Yes I am looking forward to playing WAR. A love for Warhammer and a love of DAOC back in the day combined with everything I've seen on the net and a conversation or two with a Mythic employee have left me quite interested. But I can't think of anything coming out that i'd really get into till then. Unfortunatly it's too far away for me to keep hanging here doing nothing as a mod.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Welcome back to this side PT. Good to have you back! I think I may have created the start of an exodus when I threw in the towel.
    Lol, Why do you still have mod status? It's been... a while to say the least

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111
    Originally posted by Dekron

Welcome back to this side PT. Good to have you back! I think I may have created the start of an exodus when I threw in the towel.
    It still says you are staff.

Originally posted by ParaTrooper

Lol, Why do you still have mod status? It's been... a while to say the least

In case I do decide to come back.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Well just for the few who know me here I've stopped modding the forums. It's been 3 years and 3 months and has been quite worth it.  Bassically I haven't gotten into a MMORPG for a long time (WoW was the last) and everything since has been pretty poor IMO. Having to come on here to mod the forums when MMORPGs are boring me for so long has taken it's toll and its just become very difficult to do daily. That's about it really for the short version.

welcome to the dark side

mwhahahhaa

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Been wondering where you had got to Para.  Nice to know your still around even if your no longer a mod.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Okay, so where's Finwe and Razorback, now?

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

oooooooooooooo

Razorback?

Join ussssssssssssss

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Hey guys, long time no...post?

Gonna miss you PT, always going to remember you as the "quiet gramp staff" if you remember that from a few years back.

Take care,

-Murt

About damned time you show your face here.  Been too long.
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Come on ParaTrooper? Are you kidding me. Your one of the legends, you can't leave man.

EDIT

OH SNAP MURT!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE MAN! Hey, you should see how many of the old members have been mentioning ya man.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Originally posted by Serien

Gonna miss you PT, always going to remember you as the "quiet gramp staff" if you remember that from a few years back.
    Take care,

-Murt
    Shit, look what the cat dragged in

Take care,

-Murt
    See what happens when your gone for so long? lol. I don't remember being called that. Are you sure that wasn't someone else?

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    I don't remember that at all....

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Yer. I think perhaps Murts been getting stuck into that Bawls again... perhaps with a little mixer :)

• I thought half of you guys were dead. Oh well, welcome back.

Now you can start posting in the many forum debates going on here. You have your choice between religious debates, political debates, or homosexual debates. You have to pick one of those, we don't have any other kind of debates anymore. Unless you want to argue about whether abbreviations count in Scrabble...

They dont!

Take care,

-Murt
    See what happens when your gone for so long? lol. I don't remember being called that. Are you sure that wasn't someone else?

Yeah Murt's memory is failing now that he's getting older, it was mostly Djin & KT he labelled "Gramps".  But Murt was but a wee pup back then so everyone was a gramp to him
    Originally posted by Flem

Take care,

-Murt

Yeah Murt's memory is failing now that he's getting older, it was mostly Djin & KT he labelled "Gramps".  But Murt was but a wee pup back then so everyone was a gramp to him

Ah that's right, it was Djin and KT - even through they were most likely the youngest mods on here, haha.

How's life guys? What's been going on? I could tell you my story but it's a bit early and I'm still a bit hungover-so I don't feel like typing much

Cheers,

Murt

Yer not too shabby.  Got a new job a few months back thats paying very nicely and got myself a new car :)  Just taking it easy.

Whats new with you? Last time I remember reading your posts you were saying you were leaving for good?

I'm still a bit hungover-so I don't feel like typing much

I would say i'm suprised, but then I would be lying.

See, the old gangs coming back.  Looks like we could boost things back where they used to be.  To all us veterans.

yeh, and just out of rehab too...but there's not much I can do, hah

When I said I was leaving I just knew it was going to be a long, long time. But I didn't know it would be this long - more and more things just kept coming up and eventually I was in the deepest hole I had ever been in in my life.

Still climbing out, gonna be a long journey.

As for your dek, a vet? pfff, I got a year on you! IF it wasn't for Flem I would be the "gramp" around here, hah.

But alas, times change, I remember when you were a wee little grasshopper