Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why

sadnebulasadnebula Member UncommonPosts: 263

Why doesn't soe merge some of these empty servers ?  It's rather pointless to have a game this large and then keep all the empty servers  going. Heck it might help a bit to actually get everyone that wants to play in the same ballpark.

Comments

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232
    I agree completely..............

I think after they get done destroying all the derelict structures the next step will likely be server mergers. I would expect they will pare it down to just ahazi and Bria or maybe bloodfin also. It would tighten up the community and give the game a much needed boost.

If they got popular again because people actually started enjoying the game they could always open servers back up as they need them.

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Any server merges won't be happening this year, that has been officially announced.

• sadnebulasadnebula Member UncommonPosts: 263

Originally posted by Obraik

Any server merges won't be happening this year, that has been officially announced.
    That bites, I'd like to actually play again. i rode around tat last night just scoping things out looking for some commando weapons, heck any weapons newer  than 3 years old. man it was very few vendors actually active, much less finding anything i wanted. This was on eclipse.  i really don't mind playing a new toon, but am i going to give up a lv 80 with all the stuff on him ? nope. the toon i can replace, the old school stuff  i've had since day one, that's asking a bit much.  O well, I'll try a different planet today.

And thanks Obraik, you've posted a lot of good info on these  forums.

Mondo Migill lives! but alas,  his creatures don't.

• dynamitex1dynamitex1 Member Posts: 103
    Server merges would be a fairly good idea, for the population, but it could cause lag for other people.

If someone is already having lag on the server they are on, and then another server got added into that one with all of those people and their data and such, it could cause major lag for them making them quit.
  • Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910
    Bloodfin hits Heavy Load almost every day. Go have a look for yourself.

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

• royalpenaltyroyalpenalty Member Posts: 312
    this would be an admission of failure.  SOE does not admit to, or its correct mistakes.  they only compound them one on top of another ad nauseum.

SWG ADDICT...clean since the NGE

• TacolaTacola Member CommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by royalpenalty

this would be an admission of failure.  SOE does not admit to, or its correct mistakes.  they only compound them one on top of another ad nauseum.

Didnt they admit the way NGE went live was a mistake?

• wargassmwargassm Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by Tacola

According to the last press release, THE NGE is a hit we have had over 1.5 mil served.  Granted my info is old but thats the last i saw.
  • XstortionXstortion Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Nikoz78

Bloodfin hits Heavy Load almost every day. Go have a look for yourself.
    Bloodfin 4tw. One of the oldest and my first release server. <3 BF

~BEST PVP EVER~
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by wargassm

Originally posted by Tacola

According to the last press release, THE NGE is a hit we have had over 1.5 mil served.  Granted my info is old but thats the last i saw.

Very wrong.

They've announced a few times that the way the NGE was handled was done badly on their end.

• trillahtrillah Member CommonPosts: 158
    I think server merge would be impossible to do because of the player cities, even with the abandon structure destroy. What could be done is a cluster much like daoc did, that way everyone stay where they are but have access to x number of server. That would help a lot.
  • ladygatorladygator Member UncommonPosts: 23

Originally posted by sadnebula
    Why doesn't soe merge some of these empty servers ?  It's rather pointless to have a game this large and then keep all the empty servers  going. Heck it might help a bit to actually get everyone that wants to play in the same ballpark.

ITA!!!

I just cancelled 3 accounts. My Husband and I, along with a couple of guild members came back for 2 months. We paid for our accounts prior to the free trial offer because we wanted to see the changes in the game like expertise, and my Husband, as an Elder CH, got very excited about the talk over BM.

However, the server is rather dead, by the old standards that we are used to. The atmosphere is not the same.

I did create a new chrct on Bria and went to some of the popular planets the other night during peak hours. I did see a great increase in players. But, I can't see starting all over as a total noob without so much as a speeder bike and forfeit my millions and all that I've worked for just to play with more people.