Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Karl Rove is an Atheist

porgieporgie Member Posts: 1,516

Karl Rove is an Atheist

by MikeGene

Okay, this has nothing to do with ID or anything; it’s just a bit of hilariously ironic news to me. Christopher Hitchens is asked:

Has anyone in the Bush administration confided in you about being an atheist?

His reply?

Well, I don’t talk that much to them—maybe people think I do. I know something which is known to few but is not a secret. Karl Rove is not a believer, and he doesn’t shout it from the rooftops, but when asked, he answers quite honestly. I think the way he puts it is, “I’m not fortunate enough to be a person of faith.”

http://telicthoughts.com/karl-rove-is-an-atheist/

-----------------------
</OBAMA>

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    “I’m not fortunate enough to be a person of faith.”

A nice way of putting it.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • gpettgpett Member Posts: 1,105
    I don't understand why people are so threatened by Atheism.

You believe one thing and I believe another.  Now lets shake hands and get back to work.
  • porgieporgie Member Posts: 1,516
    Originally posted by gpett

You believe one thing and I believe another.  Now lets shake hands and get back to work.

My thing is that he was one of the coordinators of the whole put a Christian fella in the White House and watch the country be saved campaign.  If I were a conservative Christian I would be a little pissed at the manipulative quality of this whole thing.

-----------------------
    </OBAMA>

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Originally posted by porgie

Originally posted by gpett

My thing is that he was one of the coordinators of the whole put a Christian fella in the White House and watch the country be saved campaign.  If I were a conservative Christian I would be a little pissed at the manipulative quality of this whole thing.

Really?  I find myself completely ambivilent.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• albinofreakalbinofreak Member Posts: 449

Reminds me of South Park when Cartman forms the Christian rock band:

Kyle: You dont know anything about Christianity!

Cartman: I know enough to exploit it.

Say what you want about Karl Rove, but he's brilliant. I personally hate his guts, but he's a genius. Dont believe me? He got George Bush elected... TWICE. Thats a miracle if I ever did see one.

• porgieporgie Member Posts: 1,516
    Originally posted by albinofreak

Reminds me of South Park when Cartman forms the Christian rock band:
    Kyle: You dont know anything about Christianity!
    Cartman: I know enough to exploit it.
    Say what you want about Karl Rove, but he's brilliant. I personally hate his guts, but he's a genius. Dont believe me? He got George Bush elected... TWICE. Thats a miracle if I ever did see one.
    You're right. 

The only thing I can add to that is anyone who thinks evil people are dumb or recognizable is opening themselves up for exploitation.

-----------------------
    </OBAMA>

• freethinkerfreethinker Member UncommonPosts: 775
    a sad day indeed when i find i have something in common with that jerk.

==========================