Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me out .. very annoying

xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

Hello all i thought i would try out this game.. but the problem i am having is the Station LunchPad... ive been downloading the Patches and game files for the trial now for about 15hrs.. now.. that is kinda silly dont u think... im using Windows XP and i have a 20MB connection.. it shouldnt be this slow any advice would be great.

Xer

Comments

• ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364

I was downloading for close to 24 hours, I guess thats just how it is, the game is around 5gb

Im on a 54mbps

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

i downloaded the vanguard Beta faster than this and that was 14gigs... somthing is not right

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

Originally posted by xersent
    Hello all i thought i would try out this game.. but the problem i am having is the Station LunchPad... ive been downloading the Patches and game files for the trial now for about 15hrs.. now.. that is kinda silly dont u think... im using Windows XP and i have a 20MB connection.. it shouldnt be this slow any advice would be great.

Xer

My download took over 15 hours. It burned much of last weekend, actually.

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638
    In order to speed up your downloading time, please disable your firewall or antivirus software, if you are using any. Also make sure you are not running any programs on your windows taskbar.

To disable background programs:

1.Select the START button.

2.Select RUN.

3.Type in "msconfig" (without the ")

4.Press OK

5.Select the STARTUP tab.

6.In the list, uncheck all boxes EXCEPT for SCANREGISTRY and SYSTEM TRAY. If you use Windows XP, please note that SCANREGISTRY and SYSTEM TRAY will not be listed - just uncheck the entire list.

7.Hit apply and then OK. Restart the computer and try again .

Stan S.

Customer Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

PHONE SUPPORT available Monday through Friday, 10am-7pm PST at (858)537-0898