Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm happy with vanguard.

I Was once an addicted WoW player, got bored of it than i tired out vanguard. This game is insane, theres so much activities you can do its not even funny. The animation can be better (the characters) but otherwise the game is great. Guys if your thinking about trying out this game try and get a buddy key first to test it out but im pretty sure you will like it. The graphics are very good if you have a decent computer.

Comments

• Riho06Riho06 Member Posts: 431

Yes there really is a ton of things that are possible in this game with more to come as the updates start to catch up. Depending on your system the game may run rougher than other people but it is bearable. There's just too many people in the MMO market who can't truly appreciate a 'sandbox' style MMO anymore, they need/want their hand held from level 1 to max level.

I understand the appeal of these 'linear' quest progression games, I'm enjoying a bit of LOTRO right now. But because of the inflexible MMO playerbase these days they can't seem to tolerate a sandbox game.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

If you like it, then that's all that matters.

Glad you found a game you love.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• YarisagosYarisagos Member Posts: 96

I think its the best game out there. If you dont have a $500 Circuit City computer and love to adventure. Try VG out, your going to like it, but I warn you, it will not hold your hands. Your going to have to adventure out, find cool camps, do the quest in that area, Becareful some guards are good, others are evil. Like I said before if you like to expore and feel your heart pumping, then this is a game for you..

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by stabemz

I Was once an addicted WoW player, got bored of it than i tired out vanguard. This game is insane, theres so much activities you can do its not even funny. The animation can be better (the characters) but otherwise the game is great. Guys if your thinking about trying out this game try and get a buddy key first to test it out but im pretty sure you will like it. The graphics are very good if you have a decent computer.

I am happy for you.

Just be prapered to the SoE treatement though.

Because what you like today, could be a completely different game in 6 months time.

Originally posted by ste2000

I am happy for you.

Because what you like today, could be a completely different game in 6 months time.

Why do you care? You dont even like this game. Did god contact you and give a life calling and say ; Save all VG players, wtf, you guys are sick, life goes on without VG, you can do it.

• RPGBeechRPGBeech Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by Yarisagos

I am happy for you.

Why do you care? You dont even like this game. Did god contact you and give a life calling and say ; Save all VG players, wtf, you guys are sick, life goes on without VG, you can do it.

And what exactly is your role here ?  To lead the gullible to part with their money for a game that has seen

its glory come and go in three months ?  You are no different than any of the haters because you are doing

the exact same things they are doing. 

You are just another crusader desperately addicted to trying to save the honor of a game  ...   That's right,

the honor of a game.   Think about it.
  • boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
    null

playing eq2 and two worlds

null

null

I am happy for you.

And what do you know what I like or not?

Only because I don't eat every turd Sigil throw at me, it doesn't mean I am not trying to like Vanguard.

In fact I follow Vanguard since 2003 and half of my posts in MMORPG.com are in Vanguard Forums, where I was one of the most active fans, also I played the beta since phase 2 and I have a lvl 30 Bard in the Gold version.

No I don't care about the game.

What about you, where were you when before release Vanguard was attacked left and right by Van-haters?

I was defending it, and you?

Of course I defend what is defendeable, but at the moment there is little to defend,  Sigil have lot to answer for about the state of the game.

I am happy for you.

And what do you know what I like or not?

Only because I don't eat every turd Sigil throw at me, it doesn't mean I am not trying to like Vanguard.

In fact I follow Vanguard since 2003 and half of my posts in MMORPG.com are in Vanguard Forums, where I was one of the most active fans, also I played the beta since phase 2 and I have a lvl 30 Bard in the Gold version.

No I don't care about the game.

What about you, where were you when before release Vanguard was attacked left and right by Van-haters?

I was defending it, and you?

Of course I defend what is defendeable, but at the moment there is little to defend,  Sigil have lot to answer for about the state of the game.

I was in VG beta for over a year. I follow the game more closely then you could even imgine.

I have put in more time into this game then you have done in any mmos.

I came from eq, i was the top player in my class, in every stats, reach top 4 over all the server combined. Toward the end of beta, there was lot of bashing of the mostly idiots that had no clue what the game was about, most them where WOW players. The most common line was, WOW has 6 million subs, VG needs to be the new WOW, that was there feedback in beta. Between the idiots and some Devs talking about dumbing down the game even more ( Nino comment, CR needs to be fun, lol). I left VG, and started lineage 2. If you really need to attack a company, for being dishonest NcSoft is one of the worst ones. Did you know they allow gold farmers to run freely? You know why? The Devs of that game is making side money off the gold buyers. For those that have played Lineage 2, you know what i am saying is true.

I have seen alot of games, and still part of the early stages of the more famous games coming out this year, you guys are in for a rude awaking, lol. But I am staying away from those games, more copies of WOW with nothing new.

VG to date is the best game, that fits my style of play. I have no problems running VG, the game is great. If you care about How you got there and not how fast you got there, then VG is for you.

Last point, the differance between you and me is, when i left VG, I left it. I didnt cry like some of the idiots and make it life goal, and yes god didnt visist me to save the VG lovers.

I have put in more time into this game then you have done in any mmos.
    I came from eq, i was the top player in my class, in every stats, reach top 4 over all the server combined. Toward the end of beta, there was lot of bashing of the mostly idiots that had no clue what the game was about, most them where WOW players. The most common line was, WOW has 6 million subs, VG needs to be the new WOW, that was there feedback in beta. Between the idiots and some Devs talking about dumbing down the game even more ( Nino comment, CR needs to be fun, lol). I left VG, and started lineage 2. If you really need to attack a company, for being dishonest NcSoft is one of the worst ones. Did you know they allow gold farmers to run freely? You know why? The Devs of that game is making side money off the gold buyers. For those that have played Lineage 2, you know what i am saying is true.
    I have seen alot of games, and still part of the early stages of the more famous games coming out this year, you guys are in for a rude awaking, lol. But I am staying away from those games, more copies of WOW with nothing new.
    VG to date is the best game, that fits my style of play. I have no problems running VG, the game is great. If you care about How you got there and not how fast you got there, then VG is for you.
    Last point, the differance between you and me is, when i left VG, I left it. I didnt cry like some of the idiots and make it life goal, and yes god didnt visist me to save the VG lovers.

Well first I am happy you like it.

Secondly I am happy you can play it (my rig doesn't allow me to).

On the main subject.

I didn't ask you for proof that you are a fan, it was you that needed some kind of background from people in order to be allowed to criticise a game (next time I will send you a written application form).

Still you can easily check my previous posts in this forums, while I cannot check all of your involvement in this game since you only have 35 posts!

So you can say what you like, because there is no way we can prove it.

But then again all of this is redundant because you don't need any particular background in order to post in a game forum.

Of course I will move on. When I will see that the game is heading toward a dead end I will move to something else, but at the moment the game can still be saved, so there is no point in waiting passively when I can do something about by voicing my own opinion.

It won't be enough, but at least I tried because I am passionate about this game, and I won't give up so easily, and certainly I won't be satisfied with second best.

This game need to deliver.

I can prove on what I said, that the easy part. Question is do i want you guys know who I am .

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

i've got a computer that's better (way better) than the RECOMMENDED (not minimum, but recommended) specs for the game, and i have every driver updated, everything is as it should be.  yet, i get tons of memory leaks (virtual memory expanding windows warning) and fatal errors.  which is aside from the point that i have to play on the lowest settings to get ironforge/wow/at release lag, otherwise the lag is um, well, i can't really move even.

so yeah, the graphics are good, just can't move or interact with the game, until graphics are turned down super low and look quite craptastic.

great job on pissing off microsoft so they dropped this stinker, mcquaid.  wonder if soe would've bothered picking it up if you hadn't been on the eq team from the start?

this should've become the vaporware it deserves to be.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

I can prove on what I said, that the easy part. Question is do i want you guys know who I am .

ohhh..............Brad MCquaid?