Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which class has the most survivability?

lilreap2k3lilreap2k3 Member UncommonPosts: 353

I just bought the game, but haven't opened it yet. I am going to play the trial a little more before I make the dive.

Just looking to find out which classes have the most survivability. I don't care about flavor of the month, I just like being hard to kill; even if it means playing a healer class.

Playing - Minecraft, 7 Days To Die, Darkfall:ROA, Path of Exile

Waiting for - 

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

It really depends

Soloing PvE, there's a lot of classes

1.  Wardens and Furies (Healer classes) Lvled to 70 with no problems

2.  Bruiser (Fighter class). Lvled to 70 no problem

3.  Necromancer. Lvled to 70 with little problem

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• lilreap2k3lilreap2k3 Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by Enigma
    It really depends
    Soloing PvE, there's a lot of classes
    1.  Wardens and Furies (Healer classes) Lvled to 70 with no problems
    2.  Bruiser (Fighter class). Lvled to 70 no problem
    3.  Necromancer. Lvled to 70 with little problem

Thanks. Now what about for pvp? =)

Playing - Minecraft, 7 Days To Die, Darkfall:ROA, Path of Exile

Waiting for - 

Ranger

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

Ok, I'm going to ask the most unholy of questions, so don't kill me, especially you Enigma, becuase I praise you in my quote *points to the left*

BUT

I play a 70 Mage in WoW, have played a mage for years now, and I've played EQ2 on and off as a side game.

Here's my issue: The reason I haven't stuck to it is because I can't find a similar class, that I enjoy.

I enjoy grouping and helping classes, but because of my dilemma of a low level, I need a pretty soloable class.

As a mage, I enjoy being a support, I cc, decurse, dps, etc.

So.. essentially I need a class that can be a decent support, but has enough solo abilities that I don't feel like a holy priest in WoW (Wand, wand, wand, wand, heal, repeat)

Any help would rock.

EDIT: Also, they won't let me resub, it says they have a system error when I try. *tear*

if you enjoy support and on EQ2, I would recommend the Warden Class.  As a warden you can throw out some pretty hardcore healing spells and your offensive spells are just as powerful.  If you cant find a group, you can also solo with a Warden.

Warden is a great support group if you dont mind healing people.  They also have some great buffs and abilities to take away debuffs from a player.

• AmatalAmatal Member UncommonPosts: 184

Both wizards and conjurers/necromancers are pretty sought after in groups because of their high dps. Wizards have more utility with their teleport spells while conj/necros are easier to solo with.
    EQ2 has a pretty balanced tradeoff in terms of utility/soloability, with perhaps the druids being a bit imba in that regard right now (hence why there is a million furies and wardens leveling up right now- and thus this isnt a class i would recomend)

• MahakaliMahakali Member Posts: 25

You don't say which mage classes you have already tried and why you didn't like them.

Have you tried illusionist/coercer? (good/evil respectively)
    They are both pretty hard classes to get good at, but if you do, you do both - you can solo pretty efficiently, have fair dps, and still be good at what those classes are specialized at - buffing, debuffing, mezzing. They are pretty tricky to get good at though, so not for the player who doesn't want to look into how to play, and getting good gear etc. (saying, if you only play EQ2 very occasionally, you might not want to spend the time on that sort of thing)

The problem with the most solo friendly classes is that they aren't that sought after at max lvl, if you think that is important. There is room for them, but there are just so many people playing them.

If you are prepared to try a scout profession, dirge could also be for you. Both dirge and troubador are great for groups and raids and very sought after, but the troubador buffs mainly cater to mages, making them not so efficient for the troubador themselves, while the dirge buffs are quite usable for the dirge themself when soloing. They also have decent dps, although there are other classes that are higher dps.

If you really really just want to do a lot of dps and don't care as much about having a secondary support function, both wizard and swashbuckler are easy to solo and do amazing dmg in a group. Swashbuckler do have some debuffs though (in a group I usually toss them at the mob in the beginning of an encounter as most of my dmg spells will otherwise pull the mob off the tank).

Anyway, everything else people have said here in the thread is true as well, so I won't repeat that :)

• bahamut1bahamut1 Member Posts: 614

Closest class to the WoW mage is the Wizard, and the Wizard is probably one of the top 3 for soloing. (My opinion is 2nd, some disagree)

Number 1 class for soloing is... drumroll please... Coercer. I'm not kidding. The coercer is the strongest class in the game without equal. BUT you have to be a REALLY good player to play one. It might get a little hairy in the mid-levels, and if you're a WoW minded player, it might get frustrating at times, but I'm not kidding when well played Coercers destroy everyone, period.

As far as good survivability at all levels, Druids, Brawlers, and Summoners. If you like a bit of a battle priest type class, Inquisitors are a lot of fun too.

"Granted thinking for yourself could be considered a timesink of shorter or longer duration depending on how smart..or how dumb you are."

• KyeroKyero Member Posts: 82
    where would Shadow Knight be in the Soloable classes? middle?

-----------------------------

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Kyero

where would Shadow Knight be in the Soloable classes? middle?
    That would probably be a fair estimate.  Somewhere around the middle.