Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Which MMO would you like to see in the Future?

Comments

• BountytakerBountytaker Member Posts: 323

Something other than an RPG....like, say, SimCity Online

• defenestratedefenestrate Member CommonPosts: 578

Isnt there a Sims Online already??

• heres another idea..something sort of like Hitman Online...you log in..get a kill contract..(can either be npc or pvp)..BUT..you're human..which means, you gotta take bathroom breaks, go to sleep (it would be sped-up a little) and drive, swim, whatever to hunt and get the job done (hell just think Splinter Cell)..but when you log in you are in say..the U.S. and your mark is in China (or last seen)....and you get all kinds of creative ways to knock someone off.  So if your toon is exhausted you have to hide and sleep somewhere and hope whoever is hunting YOU hasn't found you yet.  So basically everyone is running around being a hitman.  I think it would be fun..lol...I can just hear anti-violent game Senators all over the country passing out as I speak.  I think it would be fun lol

Originally posted by SeriphinX

heres another idea..something sort of like Hitman Online...you log in..get a kill contract..(can either be npc or pvp)..BUT..you're human..which means, you gotta take bathroom breaks, go to sleep (it would be sped-up a little) and drive, swim, whatever to hunt and get the job done (hell just think Splinter Cell)..but when you log in you are in say..the U.S. and your mark is in China (or last seen)....and you get all kinds of creative ways to knock someone off.  So if your toon is exhausted you have to hide and sleep somewhere and hope whoever is hunting YOU hasn't found you yet.  So basically everyone is running around being a hitman.  I think it would be fun..lol...I can just hear anti-violent game Senators all over the country passing out as I speak.  I think it would be fun lol

I can see that getting the Bannhammer real quick LOL

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

I'd like to see anything not all ready established.  No LoTR, no Star Wars, no more medieval fantasy!  I'd like to see something totally new fresh and futuristic with some serious unique game play aspects.   True FPS ranged combat mixed with non-FPS melee combat.   Something not trying to be realistic either in the art, maybe anime in style, but done like WoW - almost cartoony but anime.  You know the anime quality you see in good anime films.    I'd like it to have unique lore and the potential for some serious Clan/Guild strife/political intrigue and yet this apsect not be so overwhelming that the solo player feels that they are left out of the game.  Game would be completely soloable, however if you wish to group up with others to gain your exp and such feel free to do so - game exp would favor those that did group up and reward them accordingly.  The more people you have in your group the more exp you could earn.  It would not be a level based game in the since that you are required to be level x to go to this area and survive.  It would be skill based and you'd have full control of where you'd put all points in your stats and skills.

I would like to see lots of rich lore added to the game and back histories.  I'd also like to see lots of animation effects for something mundane as sitting in a chair at a table or actually mounting a vehicle or a  mount like a horse or even kissing someone in game or shaking their hand or flipping your hair to making your character blink an eye - the more the better!  Character control in this way would be so very important to the role playing end of the game and be a must!  Lots of clothing options - tons!  Great character customization - this would be a must!  Many hairstyles, facial features, body art options, peircings whatever!  As long as it would allow us to make truly unique characters!  Being able to make a one of a kind character from their appearance to their skills (mix and match skills as you see fit - with some guidelines as to what skill can be taken with what - may require unlocking one skill to more to another - a tree type system - but unique in how it is done).  Make dyes available for clothing and you'd be able to accessorize!  Going so far as to taking a piece of clothing to a seamstress and having them place an embroidered image on a pair of pants or coat.   Maybe placing beads in your hair or whatever.   Making a unique character would be one of this games strong points.

No crafting in this game at all perse.  Instead players sell goods on game driven NPC merchants (as they were done in AC) find, trade and sell items on the merchants.   Have a team of developers that would constantly add new items in the game for players to find and sell or whatever.   No two items found would have the same stats (rarely would this happen).  Items like in the game of AC would have their own stats.  So just because you found a Katana that gives you +10 to hit and +10 to damage and a +3 to attack speed does not mean you would not find one later that might be better or have some other unique aspect.  No cookie cutter items!   Asherons Call style loot tables is the way to go.  This actually made whacking moles bearable and fun because you never knew what you might pull from a MOB. 

Guilds/Clans could vie for control over NPC areas and merchants and get a percentage of the moneys earned by these merchants in the form of taxes to help with the upkeep of the guild/clan holdings - whether that be to hire NPC guards or to outfit them with unique items or to keep the merchants on their side vie bribes or a kickback.  

Large world with lots to explore, both above ground, in the air, underground and in the water.

Unique mounts, both mechanicla and animal.  Some for air travel some ground transport and some waterborne.

There would be a mix of instanced quest and non instanced quest.  Seamless world, with a true XYZ axis in the physics of the game.   Ragdoll physics for falling or tripping. 

I can go on, but a game like I would like to see will probably never be made.   Oh here is a picture I found that I could literally create a game from just viewing it and what it contained.   Saw this picture and was like...OMG...now I could make a great MMORPG based on this picture.

Imagine an MMORPG that played with this style of graphics!  Now that would rock my gaming world bigtime! 

Oh yea and one more thing.  Like in the game of BF2 you'd have a built in game recorder.   You'd be able to capture a gaming session and then be able to edit it into a movie to format.  Have the ability to move your camera around like you can in the BF2 battle recorder to give you the freedom to capture things from your gaming session at any angle or distance and then be able to edit them in something like Movie Maker or some other video editing program.  Add voice overs, titles and such.  Then it would allow you to produce your very own online anime show!  Now tell me that would not be unique.

Wow, that is a really cool picture. I agree that there needs to be another ground breaking MMO, I feel pretty let down with the last couple of MMO's that Ive bought or tried through beta.

• LadyRhiaLadyRhia Member Posts: 55

Carpe Diem revived *cackles*

• ExpatriateExpatriate Member Posts: 202

Age of Conan

and you should add Tabula Rasa to the poll

Watch the latest episode of "The Guild" and other Pwnage videos from around the net--also post your own: http://PwnerTV.com

• healz4uhealz4u Member Posts: 1,065

Great question.

I personally would love to see a MMORPG with Vampire: The Masquerade theme.  In fact, the classes are already created; there are different factions for PvP.  Edit:  Medieval or Modern are acceptable with a slight preference for Medieval. 

I think it would be great fun. 

• WoobWoob Member CommonPosts: 50

"Which MMO would you like to see in the future?"

Asheron's Call 2.

• Wheel of Time

• SynhellSynhell Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by healz4u

Great question.

I personally would love to see a MMORPG with Vampire: The Masquerade theme.  In fact, the classes are already created; there are different factions for PvP.  Edit:  Medieval or Modern are acceptable with a slight preference for Medieval. 

I think it would be great fun. 
    yea they did something like that the lost city of vampires. Baiscally everyone wants to be a vampire. And so pvp is going to be a lot biting of each other. Real Fun... .

Wasn't a bad idea but the implementation just sucks

• healz4uhealz4u Member Posts: 1,065

Originally posted by Synhell

yea they did something like that the lost city of vampires. Baiscally everyone wants to be a vampire. And so pvp is going to be a lot biting of each other. Real Fun... .
    Wasn't a bad idea but the implementation just sucks

Interesting. I am looking into the above mentioned MMORPG.  Sounds interesting.

In Vampire: The Masquerade you have a Vampire war with different vampire factions:  The Camarilla v. The Sabbat.  The two have different classes that players can select.  I am also thinking a bit ahead of myself in terms of a human hunter class. 

It would be highly complex but I believe very fun if done right.  The different classes have different advantages and disadvantages, nuances and intricacies. 

• DarkGrieverDarkGriever Member Posts: 80

of course .... GTA ONLINE!!!

• CaponestyleCaponestyle Member UncommonPosts: 112

SHADOWRUN!!! this would be amazing , andno it cannot be madeinto a FPS that would totally ruin the RPG concept of this game, as many already know of the Shadowrun fps being released soon came to much dissapointment of RPGers, This game would need at least 5 yearas in the works to truly be a good gameankeep all the content it simply could notbe a chopped down version, Sooo much lore , novels and mission books forthis game it would be rediculous not to include it alll!!! i can see it now! even player merchants would be a fun class, Imagine creating and selling cybernetik implants illegally and having to move shops constantly to avoid the lonestar and needing the combat skills to prevent yourself from being robbed or an underground docwagon having players rushed to you in criticalcondition and it is up to you to save them before death to keep there faith in you!!!! could go on an on. 

PS Fallout mmorpg will rock as well

• JADEDRAG0NJADEDRAG0N Member Posts: 733

World of darkness for me and if be a werewolf.

I think if WoD came out I would have to be a Tremere!!

• JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357

I voted for another DDO, but it would have to be a close translation of the PnP game or a MMO based around one of the popular franchises such as Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance.

However, I would rather see another Star Wars game with the KOTOR d20, skill, and force power system. Choice of player as a mandolorian, scoundrel, jedi, sith, and the list goes on. Less of a story/quest based MMO and more of a sandbox. But a quest line that is like the KOTOR series is acceptable, as long as we aren't dealing with kill, delivery, and collect quests.

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

• EichenkatzeEichenkatze Member Posts: 340

I'd have to pull a 'Dune' for this one being on the option list. An interesting idea that has obviously been played with on the boards some already... but it would also be an interesting step to something new. We don't hear much of dune other than the age old books and more closely done movies and singleplayer game.

I might just play it... and it'd be the most interesting of the list..

Otherwise a full-blown Sci-FI mmo of some nature would catch my eye if it were done entirely.

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    Earth and Beyond - '02-'04
    Star Wars Galaxies - '03-'06('07)
    World of Warcraft - '04-'07
    Age of Conan - '08 - shelved.
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online
    SW: The Old Republic

• JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by nodamnspam

I'd like to see a FPS MMO in the Aliens universe. No predators please, rather Aliens vs Marines. PVP would be meaningful and interesting, and there's alot that can be done as far as "castle siege" type situations (ie: the Alien Queen is where everyone spawns.. she dies the colony "dies" and nobody can spawn there).

I'm a fan of the Aliens vs Predator series. This is a good idea, but it wouldn't be complete without Predators. Besides, a 3 way war is better than a 2 way war.

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

I really good mmorpg to become would be adaptation of Warlands the comic.

Or the anime angel sanctuary but wait.... AION is COMING

Any good anime would be good too.

Originally posted by JK-Kanosi

Originally posted by nodamnspam

I'd like to see a FPS MMO in the Aliens universe. No predators please, rather Aliens vs Marines. PVP would be meaningful and interesting, and there's alot that can be done as far as "castle siege" type situations (ie: the Alien Queen is where everyone spawns.. she dies the colony "dies" and nobody can spawn there).

I'm a fan of the Aliens vs Predator series. This is a good idea, but it wouldn't be complete without Predators. Besides, a 3 way war is better than a 2 way war.

Being an alien or predator or human is not very appealing... .

And everyone would pick predator I mean come on the guys got cloaks

• herrintherrint Member UncommonPosts: 43

Damn Arieste almost made me cry old school games for sure ^^

Anyway Fallout Online would be the best mmo ever if they dont skip on the graphics.

• Playerh8erPlayerh8er Member Posts: 62

World of Darkness would rock!   If it was anything like the single player Vampire the Masquerade  Bloodlines PC game, count me in.  Adding Werewolves and human slayer playable classes would round out this game nicely.   The zones could be the Camarilla vs Sabbat and their battle over control of modern cities.   Some PvP in this title would be a must.  However, rounding out the different attributes/skills of vampires and werewolves would be tough, especially when you add modern weapons into the equation. 

Dune would just about be the last huge Sci-fi title out that hasn't been exploited and ruined yet.  Might be interesting for a change.  Why would anyone be anything other than a Fremen or a bene gesseret though?

Quisat Sadarak! 

The spice must flow!

• MMoMoneyMMoMoney Member Posts: 33

Rifts MMORPG. It had cyborgs, every kind of  gun you could think of, mutants, mecha, monsters, aliens, psionics, elves, orcs, magic, and melee. It even had a storyline that made sense of it all. Such a diverse combat oriented RPG would thrive in todays market, if a developer took the time to relish the details. The dozens of classes Rifts had could easily cover the entire MMORPG ballpark. Ninjas? Pirates? Psychotic pyromaniac psychics? Technowizard crafters? I know the SWG fans would love it.

World of darkness is probbably going to be in the new setting and nobody knows about it except for the freaks that actually play the pnp rpg. The lore was best part about it. You won't be playing your favorite vampire clan in the WoD mmo since they just threw all that away.

Shadowrun never made sense. Why were there orcs elves and magic in Shadowrun? It would have been better off pure cyberpunk.

Battletech MMO would be cool if done right, like a Planetside 2 or something.

As for a GTA MMO... http://www.webzengames.com/Game/APB/default.asp

"...designed by the creator of the original Grand Theft Auto (GTA) franchise."