Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCsoft Remove Private Servers

DUSTWAVEDUSTWAVE Member Posts: 23

I wish NCsoft would get their act together and do something about private servers.

I know that a few private servers were shutdown and NCsoft made a big deal about it like they were making a stand and clamping down on the private servers.  But in my opinion the reason they were shut down was not because of NCsoft but because the people running the servers were making money and not reporting there extra income.  Sure, a rather keep all the money I earn, but I do the right thing and pay what is owed.

Private Servers have ruin the game, period.  I am sick of people saying L2J is legal ....just spend 5 minutes and read license agreement that you see everytime you log on to the game (at least the retail version), they make it very clear.

Many people who say L2J is legal for one reason or another have never read the license agreement.  While others type multiple pages to try to justify why it is legal.

If you cannot stand the grind play another game.  NCsoft has allowed these private servers to run freely,  just type in "lineage 2 servers" and you will see what I mean.  This will ruin all future P2P  NCsoft games.

You can argue all you want  and I will honor you opinion if you disagree with me.  I based my opinion on the NCsort TOA.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Honestly, I don't see private servers really hurting L2.  I'm going to guess that more than 90% of the players on them would never consider paying to play L2 even if they were all shut down tomorrow....

which is probably why NC doesn't bother to go after most of them....

but you are correct.... they are all illegal and immoral....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

I read that article a few days ago on the main forums which of course was deleted. I don't know anything about coding but if the stolen info still stands on release then  those other companies had more then enough time to make the programming for Bots.  All I see in this is bots and then some. 

It's kinda of funny actually,the news is out so lets see what ol mighty Nc soft is gonna do about it.  

Waiting on Guild Wars 2