Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saddam vs. Bush

Comments

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489

Against what? what did Iraq do against america these last 10 years? fill me in becasue i don't really now?

we live in the 21st century, we got it in the several hundreds of years ago and now we talk, no need to defend it anymore (except against hitler anyway but he was elected fairly by the german people so it was a democracy in the beginning). Do you ahev to kill people in amercia to defend democracy there becasue that is what i understand from you sentence (sorry if i am wrong)

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

then the native indians in america can claim all of america now because they used to live their and yes they got by a UN reslotion but i thaught that that stated they only could use it to live together in harmony and not surpress the palestini

• GalootGaloot Member Posts: 177

"yes that's perhaps true that you protect your people but that doesn't give you the right to treat an entire people badly and denying them their rights,"

Oh my god. It wasn't enough to hint at your ignorance but now you had to go and prove it.

Do yourself a favor. Compare and contrast the Palestinians in the west bank and Gaza to the Palestinians that are Israeli citizens that have voting rights and benefits of citizenship. Then ask yourself how this could be.

The anti-Semitic propaganda really seems to have found a comfortable home in Europe.

"Against what?"

Korea, South America, Viet Nam for starters.

" what did Iraq do against america these last 10 years? fill me in becasue i don't really now?"

Where there's smoke there's fire.

So it's not just the USA who say Iraq had WMD
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3639977.stm

Iraq steps up nuclear efforts, experts say
    http://www.dallasnews.com/latestnews/stories/090702dnintiraqnuke.ad822.html

How much of this is true? I don't know but only a fool would ignore it.
    http://www.pbs.org/wnet/wideangle/shows/saddam/index.html

THE IRAQI CONNECTION:Saddam Controlled The Camps
    http://www.observer.co.uk/waronterrorism/story10,1373,591514,00.html

Saddam Hussein and Bin Laden: A Match Made Up in Propaganda?
    http://www.worldthreats.com/al-qaeda_terrorism/iraq_terror.htm

Saddam's Ambassador to al-Qaeda
    http://frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=12292

Atta/Prague new information
    http://www.edwardjayepstein.com/PragueApril2004.htm

1998 Bin Laden Indictment cites AL QAEDA - IRAQ ARRANGEMENT
    http://www.fas.org/irp/news/1998/11/98110602_nlt.html

Report Details Saddam's Support for Terrorists Who Killed Americans
    http://www.hudson.org/files/publications/murdocksaddamarticle.pdf

Evidence links Saddam to 9-11, Inhofe says
    http://www.newsok.com/cgi-bin/show_article?ID=1220183&pic=none&TP=getarticle

"then the native indians in america can claim all of america now because they used to live their"

No quite. There is evidence that suggests that there were other races here long before them.

aah so now you say that hundreds of thousands palestinians are all terrorists prepared to kill israeli because they live in the gaza or west bank adn that it is their fault they live in a sh*t hole

Palestinian barely get money when they have a child and israeli get a lot more and they live in the same country? how just is that, this way you are only getting more people angrier

if you give your opnion about something that doesn't mean that i am anti-semitic, that's the same as saying when you say something about a colored person you are a racist. i agree with israeli that they may hunt down those responsable for the terror attacks but not how they treat a lot of in my eyes innocent people, so that makes me and europe anti-semitic? i just state MY opnion.

"what did Iraq do against america these last 10 years? fill me in becasue i don't really now?"

And don't forget the attempted assassination of President George H. W. Bush in 92-93.

"aah so now you say that hundreds of thousands palestinians are all terrorists prepared to kill israeli because they live in the gaza or west bank adn that it is their fault they live in a sh*t hole"

Nice try, but you know that it is because of the PLA, Hamas, Islamic Jihad and others is the reason that they live that way. Look at what they teach in their schools. All have vowed the destruction of Jews. Hitler would be proud.

Originally posted by Galoot

"then the native indians in america can claim all of america now because they used to live their"

No quite. There is evidence that suggests that there were other races here long before them.

just the same as with the israeli then or not? there used to live other people before them

and for every paper that says there are WPM ther is another that denies it or finding links with Al-Queda is just to make the people believe an attack is justified (in my eyes)

Saddam hated religious fanatics that were a few of the people he hunted down in his own country so why make a pact with someone you hate? even Bush had bonds with Saddam says Roger (I meant Micheal) Moore and others.

"if you give your opnion about something that doesn't mean that i am anti-semitic, "

Taken the lack of outrage in Europe over suicide bombings and the constant drum beat of "isreal is always the bad guy" leaves little doubt. Moreover, show me the UN resolutions originating in Europe condemning such attacks.

The totality of the aforementioned speaks quite well for itself.

"Saddam hated religious fanatics"

BS. Saddam openly supported Hamas ect. He even paid the suicide bombers families. Sorry that worn out excuse has been discredited many times over. Over in that part of the world it's "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Iraqi intel was in Afghanistan teaching Al Qaeda the art of WMD. The evidence is there. Only those that have an interest in discounting the mountain of evidence is doing so.

"just the same as with the israeli then or not? "

Nope. You still have not told me where Jews originally came from.

"and for every paper that says there are WPM ther is another that denies it or finding links with Al-Queda is just to make the people believe an attack is justified (in my eyes)"

Well then it is obvious your eyes are closed. In fact, I bet you didn't even follow the links I gave you.

"even Bush had bonds with Saddam says Roger Moore and others."

And who is Roger Moore besides agent 007?

I am sorry for that stupid mistake but i meant Michael Moore but you could have figured that out but i think you barely listen.

Do you know then where the jews come from then?

I used your links (but 2-3 are not working) and i have a few remarks Denmark who also THOUGHT there were WMD is also one of the countries that went into war together with US so not really objective and there was still no proof, but it is proven that the images shown to let the rest of the world believe there were WMD were just ari-conditioning vents and that sort of things.

about Al-Queda here is another link http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO109C.html

and WMD http://writ.news.findlaw.com/dean/20030606.html

another good one http://lunaville.org/WMD/billmon.aspx

I am not closing my eyes but you have to be careful to see what you believe

"I am sorry for that stupid mistake but i meant Michael Moore"

That's what I thought but wanted to make sure. Micheal Moore has proven to be a crackpot for anyone that has taken the time to vet his claims. Many of his so-called allies have disowned him. He is waaaaaaaay out on the lunatic fringe.

"Do you know then where the Jews come from then?

The heart of Arabia. Judaism predates Islam. The Jews were chased out of Arabia.

"I used your links (but 2-3 are not working) and i have a few remarks Denmark who also THOUGHT there were WMD is also one of the countries that went into war together with US so not really objective and there was still no proof, but it is proven that the images shown to let the rest of the world believe there were WMD were just ari-conditioning vents and that sort of things."

Again let me restate undeniable facts. (1) It is a FACT that he had them. (2) It is a FACT that he used them against Iran. (3) It is a FACT that he used them against the Kurds. (4) It is a FACT that UNSCOM found them. (5) It is a FACT that Saddam's son-in-laws tipped off UNSCOM of a far reaching chem/bio program beyond which they could only dream of in or shortly after 1995. (for which they were both killed)
    (6) It is FACT that UNSCOM said that they were getting the run around in 1998 before they were kicked out. (7) It is a FACT that Iraq failed to account for tons of anthrax, sarin, VX, botulin toxin among others per UNSCOM UNMOVC and Hans Blix. (8) It is a FACT that Res. 1441 said Iraq was ALREADY in MATERIAL BREACH and that Iraq had ONE FINAL opportunity to disclose ALL WMD PROGRAMS, MATERIALS, and all EQUIPMENT and hardware programs and hardware to DELIVER them. (9) It is a FACT that 1441 said there would be SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES (diplospeak for military action) should there be a failure to FULLY COMPLY.

Now we all know that Iraq failed in a number of ways a number of times.

And again, they did find 120mm rockets with chem/bio warheads. They also found thousands of NBC suits,atropine injectors along with underground bunkers with pesticides in them which can be used as one component to binary WMD's. (binaries are mixed at the last minute meaning there is (1) no longer a limited shelf life of the product and (2) that it is relatively safe for transport as it does not become lethal until it is mixed. (3) The components can pass for everyday products such as chlorine and pesticides ect.)

At the end of the day, if anyone was wrong it was Saddam,

I do not doubt that getting rid of Saddam was a bad thing don't get me wong but i just feel not comfortable about the way it happened. Micheal Moore is a crackpot that won an oscar for a good doumentary.

The US and UK didn't wait for the rest of the western world to agree and help them. Afghanistan, the first Gulf War and Kosovo all prooves that there are no problems between the nations and that everyone is glad to help but they just had to wait a bit longer. Even "my" dumb little country that means shit, has troops in Afghanistan and Kosovo. So it is not that we don't listen to reason, we followed and had no problem with the taliban and Milosevic but a lot thought that the evidence wasn't really convicing enough to start a war which also means the death of innocents.

They did find a lot of stuff to fuel the rumors but no real threats of the kind that they said to the rest of the world they would find, for example: WMD ready in 45 minutes or i forgot how fast it was they said.

Patience is a virtue.

you know what i find sorry is that we are almost the only two saying something. where are the 50,000+ other people?

Politics is very important because it affect your lives so you must not ignore it.

" Micheal Moore is a crackpot that won an oscar for a good doumentary. "

By his natural allies which means exactly ZERO.

"The US and UK didn't wait for the rest of the western world to agree and help them."

Like hell. France stabbed us right in the back. Chiraq promised GWB that they were with us and we just needed one more resolution. See UN Resolution 1441. Then Chiraq and Vanilla Pin ambushed us in public then went on the now famous 'hate America tour' throughout the middle east and Africa. France and Germany had absolutely no intention to help out.

Now we know why. See the Oil for food payola program. PLUS France wanted to protect a 10 BILLION dollar oil deal they had with Iraq at the expense of the Iraqi people.

So PLEASE spare me the BS talking points.

"PLUS France wanted to protect a 10 BILLION dollar oil deal "

By the way, this was to take place when sanctions were lifted. Who started pushing to have sanctions lifted?

Yes and now the largest oil companies in the US are the boss of this precious oil so there is no difference between them in my opinion. And a lot of other almost only american companies (some were some polticians were former employees) are getting huge deals to build the country up again.

yes but France was also attacked very harshly in the media.

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

Originally posted by Regus

I do not doubt that getting rid of Saddam was a bad thing don't get me wong but i just feel not comfortable about the way it happened. Micheal Moore is a crackpot that won an oscar for a good doumentary.

Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine" won the Oscar for best documentary. Unfortunately, it is not a documentary, by the Academy's own definition.

The injustice here is not so much to the viewer, as to the independent producers of real documentaries. These struggle in a field which receives but a fraction of the recognition and financing of the "entertainment industry." They are protected by Academy rules limiting the documentary competition to nonfiction.

Bowling is fiction. It makes its points by deceiving and by misleading the viewer. Statements are made which are false. Moore leads the reader to draw inferences which he must have known were wrong. Indeed, even speeches shown on screen are heavily edited, so that sentences are assembled in the speaker's voice, but which were not sentences he uttered. Bowling uses deception as its primary tool of persuasion and effect.

A film which does this may be a commercial success. It may be entertaining. But it is not a documentary. One need only consult Rule 12 of the rules for the Academy Award: a documentary is a non-fictional movie.

The point is not that Bowling is biased. No, the point is that Bowling is deliberately, seriously, and consistently deceptive.

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

image image

"Yes and now the largest oil companies in the US are the boss of this precious oil"

ahhh not quite. The Iraqis are and they are talking about socializing the industry which means every Iraqi will get an income from it. In fact, it is the American tax payer that is footing most of the bill to rebuild Iraq.

The oil companies are helping to fix their refineries ect because they are in such bad shape. Just like the water and electrical systems. Saddam squandered billions of dollars on weapons and palaces.

" And a lot of other almost only american companies "

Ok then who paid in dollars and lives? And BTW, there are many companies from many countries there. Even FRENCH companies........go figure.

And a lot of other almost only american companies (some were some polticians were former employees) are getting huge deals to build the country up again.

KBR (the subsidiary of Haliburton with Iraq contracts) has been getting government contracts since WWII under both democrat and republican administrations. They even had a number of really good contracts while Clinton was in office, including a no-bid contract. The adminstration has nothing to do with those contracts (which is exactly what you are suggesting by mentioning their "former employee"), the military hands out those contracts using official methods which include using no-bid contracts when you need a company you know can get the job done and get it done fast without waiting months on end for a bidding process.

That is a completely different process than the corrupt "Fraud for Oil" program the UN was running which greatly benifited Russia and France the most (odd that those two opposed the war the most).

image image

Well I'm signing off..have company coming over and have things to do. (The wife is already chasing me around with her favorite frying pan and she has pretty good aim)

Til next time.....

image whatever fancies you mate

me too i gained a bit of extra knowledge but with discussions like this, it is as good as impossible to have the absolute truth, we will know it in a few more years when this is another part of history

image whatever fancies you mate
    me too i gained a bit of extra knowledge but with discussions like this, it is as good as impossible to have the absolute truth, we will know it in a few more years when this is another part of history

Even then it will depend on who is writing the history books you are reading.

image image

This discussion has been closed.