Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dream of Mirror Online will ship on this Summer

LHOOLHOO Member Posts: 103

No idea how many of you guys know about Dream of mirror Online, but this game look does sweet. Cartoonish anime look and funny character. Just read an interview between mmosite and managing director of gametribe. The ENG closed beta is planned for this summer and it's going to be FREE to play

Read Full interview and you can see the screenshot and video from here

Quote:

MMOSITE.COM: What makes Dream of Mirror Online stand out from the crowd of MMORPGs currently on the market?

Laurent Malek:

¡¤ emphasis on teamwork and community (experience improvement when making teams)

¡¤ crafting system that enables players to construct their own items

¡¤ "vendoring system" that will conduct the transactions for the player

¡¤ flying skills

¡¤ weapons growing like character

¡¤ pets help character in combat

¡¤ develop five types of human relationships

¡¤ Huge Variety: 4 races, 6 classes , 6 skills to choose (I assume the ENG version will add more)

¡¤ Instant messenger (to interact and talk with your friends)

¡¤ 3D graphics anime style

MMOSITE.COM: How will characters be represented in the game world? What classes or careers will they be able to choose from?

Laurent Malek: The game is based on a huge variety of choices:

a) 4 races and 2 genders

b) 6 classes to:

• fight with armor in the battles

• fight using martial arts

• Steal things even from animals or monsters

• change the regional climates in specific areas

• heal players

c) 6 skills:

• Meditation

• Fishing

• Animal husbandry

• Cultivation

• Wood mining

• Mining

We plan in the future to add even more options.

All these options are still in a localization phase so we ll be able to give you more details about them only later on.

MMOSITE.COM: When will Dream of Mirror Online hit closed beta, open beta and commercial launch? Will it be free to play or subscription based?

Laurent Malek: The game will have the same formula already tested in China: it will be a free to play item based game. Beta phase is planned for this coming summer and the commercialization for the next autumn.

Comments

• ragnarokekragnarokek Member Posts: 134
    cool graphics, but i wonder if my low-end pc will be able to handle the system requirements. any ideas?

• runedragonrunedragon Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Cool graphics??? Are you on acid or summit coz they look so cartoonie, its awful............  If i want graphics like that I will go and play a nintendo gamecube for Zelda......
  • ragnarokekragnarokek Member Posts: 134
    cool for me anyways. im not into the realistic type of mmo. sorry if i displeased you, your highness

• runedragonrunedragon Member UncommonPosts: 57

Originally posted by ragnarokek

cool for me anyways. im not into the realistic type of mmo. sorry if i displeased you, your highness
    That is okay, you are forgiven. Now back to work serf.
  • AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650
    This game looks Balls to the Wall amazing.
  • bobdogbobdog Member Posts: 71
    I love that this game has style to it.  I can respect that. 

However, there is something creapy about thining of the 40 year old men playing little teen girls wanting to cyber
  • RammurRammur Member Posts: 575
    Originally posted by runedragon

Cool graphics??? Are you on acid or summit coz they look so cartoonie, its awful............  If i want graphics like that I will go and play a nintendo gamecube for Zelda......
    heh maybe you should jude the game fun factor before flaming em .never know ive play some crappy looking game in the past too find out they are actually great games.
  • smartkidzsmartkidz Member Posts: 252
    There's something about the second screenshot that makes me wanna play this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    =The best bash.org quote ever=
    Curt teh Juggler: our graduation ceremony was today, and right when some gamer nerd got his diploma, someone in the audience played the zelda "get item" music and he did the zelda spin-hold-out-item stance
    Curt teh Juggler: it was quite possibly the most amazing thing ever.

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

Ironically, you have WoW in your Xfire thing :P

Wanna talk about cartoony?
  • TsukihimeTsukihime Member Posts: 5
    Your opinion of this may be cartoony but everyone's view of something is different. For me, the graphics for this are pure hardcore cool. Games like Cabal, Granado Espada, etc are cartoony. Ok, that was any example but the graphics for this are definitly not cartoony or kiddyish.  Maybe your viewing it that way since your view is messed up and you can't judge anything correctly? (if so, I suggest you check with a doctor, no offence).

Fact about some games with bad graphics having good gameplay is true but this isn't one of those bad graphics one. Just cause its 2D doesn't make the graphics bad, this probably requires just as much as a 3D one (the pixel shading is pretty deep).
  • BernoullyBernoully Member Posts: 174

Ah, cartoonish cute MMORPGs. Looks like more of them are being made quietly in the East after all.

DOMO looks pretty good and seems to handle the cartoon-edging presentation nicely, moreso than Flyff. Just some more videos from the Japanese version here:

https://domo.gamania.co.jp/com/movie.asp

Keeping an eye on it and ditching WIKI for this now.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Because Legend of zelda is an mmorpg ofcourse..

Anyway, Imo, Graphics look great, but the animations are simply horrible. pity.
  • GalactaLlamaGalactaLlama Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Finally, someone found it!  I've been following this game for a while and wondered when it would get posted here

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

Aaaaaw, such a cute looking game. Reminds me of Project Wiki, an upcoming title by Webzen. :)

Cheers.

• GotredeGotrede Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Quote:

• Animal husbandry

Wait, wtf?

O.o

"Those who don’t build must burn. It’s as old as history and juvenile delinquence."
    -Ray Bradbury

• SatioSatio Member UncommonPosts: 16

Then go play Zelda and World of Warcraft, not our fault if you can't appreciate different games.
  • velocityvelocity Member Posts: 102
    it looks fun but i dont know if i gona play it, il just fallow it and hope the will make it even better
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Tsukihime

Your opinion of this may be cartoony but everyone's view of something is different. For me, the graphics for this are pure hardcore cool. Games like Cabal, Granado Espada, etc are cartoony. Ok, that was any example but the graphics for this are definitly not cartoony or kiddyish.  Maybe your viewing it that way since your view is messed up and you can't judge anything correctly? (if so, I suggest you check with a doctor, no offence).

Fact about some games with bad graphics having good gameplay is true but this isn't one of those bad graphics one. Just cause its 2D doesn't make the graphics bad, this probably requires just as much as a 3D one (the pixel shading is pretty deep).
    I love how you first say that everyone's view is something different, but if they don't agree withy ou, then their view is messed up and they have to see a doctor.

Just for the fact you mention Granado Espada as cartoony, while saying this game is not I'm going to assume that you don't even have the slightest clue what you are talking about.
  • kiDokiDo Member Posts: 30
    this game almost looks sweet :P

and that youtube video kinda freaked me out.

cartoony graphics can be fun :P

Gameplay > Graphics

can anyone say grindfest?
  • quilloquillo Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Tsukihime

It still looks shite.

It may look like that to you because you have a preference as to how games that you like to play must look.  As for myself, I actually prefer games that have "cartoony" graphics.  You like your games; I like my games.  Leave it at that and we won't trash each other

• dazzydazzy Member UncommonPosts: 16

Only problem is GameNetwork will be hosting it, www.gametribe.com

For those that dont know about game network, they are responsible for hosting... legend of mir, myth of soma , droiyan & horizons.

Myth of soma has been neglected for 2 years and is closeing down next week.. horizons was taken off them & given to another company to host due to neglect, & theyve closed droiyan down as they couldnt fix any bugs or cheats... mir 2 (read forums) customers have nearly all left due to the staff no fixing cheats +no input for 6 months+..  wemade(mir developers) are now taking legal action against them.

GameNetwork are a joke & Shouldnt be allowed to host any game.

• C4lmC4lm Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by dazzy

Only problem is GameNetwork will be hosting it, www.gametribe.com

For those that dont know about game network, they are responsible for hosting... legend of mir, myth of soma , droiyan & horizons.
    Myth of soma has been neglected for 2 years and is closeing down next week.. horizons was taken off them & given to another company to host due to neglect, & theyve closed droiyan down as they couldnt fix any bugs or cheats... mir 2 (read forums) customers have nearly all left due to the staff no fixing cheats +no input for 6 months+..  wemade(mir developers) are now taking legal action against them.
    GameNetwork are a joke & Shouldnt be allowed to host any game.
    I share your feeling regarding said company, but seriously, embellishing a little there aren't you!

Illegitimis nil Carborundum

• SaNchezzSaNchezz Member UncommonPosts: 7

Game looks awesome! I hope game will be as good as it looks. Can't wait to try it out.

I'm getting most of my info from this site domo.joypark.com.tw/English/GameInfo/Synopsis_01.aspx

However, thanks to the posts above me, I found some more info at www.gametribe.com