Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions

PibiaNPibiaN Member Posts: 40
Hey guys I have a couple questions. I use to play for 3 years and I have a 59, 53, 52, 44, 37, and 33 I was slow but w/e... My acc got stolen by a friend I had known for a while and he deleted the chars I had 4/5 AF on my BLM and alot of other stuff.

1. What server/job would you suggest?

2. Do peoples till lvl in the lower lvl zones?

3. Is ballista still running that was my favorite thing to do.

4. Do alot of peole still play? And are people quiting.

5. I heard alot of people are coming back to play FFXI is this true?

6. What class do you guys think is the funnest/semi-cheap but not expensive?

Thanks alot

Comments

• ZikielZikiel Member Posts: 1,138

1) It randomly picks for you, but you can switch at the cost of your char.

2) You betcha, there's what, 19 jobs? Most people have a couple of low level jobs

3) It's still up

4) Most of the servers will hover around 2k people constantly, usually about 3000+ on weekends. Meh, people quit and come back, you know how mmos work.

5) Dunno, maybe so.

6) Asking what a good class to pick isn't a great question, it depends on you, and who you ask. Pick something you like, it doesn't particularly matter, you can change. I'd have to say that jobs with a lot of item use (Nin, Rng) cost more to play, but otherwise, you should be able to afford most of your things decently. Except crafting.. That ain't cheap. It's better just to wait a little for heavy crafting, low levels just can't afford it.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Zikiel

1) It randomly picks for you, but you can switch at the cost of your char.
    2) You betcha, there's what, 19 jobs? Most people have a couple of low level jobs
    3) It's still up
    4) Most of the servers will hover around 2k people constantly, usually about 3000+ on weekends. Meh, people quit and come back, you know how mmos work.
    5) Dunno, maybe so.
    6) Asking what a good class to pick isn't a great question, it depends on you, and who you ask. Pick something you like, it doesn't particularly matter, you can change. I'd have to say that jobs with a lot of item use (Nin, Rng) cost more to play, but otherwise, you should be able to afford most of your things decently. Except crafting.. That ain't cheap. It's better just to wait a little for heavy crafting, low levels just can't afford it.
    Actually, SE has implemented server selection. So you can now choose which server you want to start on at character creation. World-passes are no longer needed.

There's word that they'll be implementing server transfers in the future as well.

Also, as for people returning... There's a group of players.. pretty much "lifers" who will leave for a time and then come back. I'm in that group. And then there's some who really just had enough and move on to something else. Many do come back though. I see people coming back that I haven't seen in over 2 years.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• ZikielZikiel Member Posts: 1,138
    There's a world select now? Musta missed that one..
  • WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Zikiel

There's a world select now? Musta missed that one..
    Yeah.. They added it in a recent update, so it hasn't been in place very long.

Long time coming, if ya ask me :)

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well join garuda ,you can join my friends.If not i don't think it matters what serever as all will have variable people.

levelling in lowbie zones is pretty much SOLO or PL]powerlevelling].The next up zones like dunes/quifim will have about 2 groups per level on average but can peak to more on a busy night and that can be any night.

Ballista runs but not many use it.

I see new players all the time and i am sure there are players leaving for awhile or quitting everyday.As far as alot of people still playing i would say not really.Alot of players are AFK or just hanging out chatting,or waiting for a special guild run to wherever.

I have left and come back twice so that kinda answers your question right there.My main reasons for leaving were lack of control on the game economy/botting and work.The botting isn't as bad as in other games where you will see active players cheating.In this game 99% of the botting is by RMT.Cheating/using hacks is however done alot by regular players,albeit that has calmed down alot recently with SE taking a big stance against it.

Funnest ? that has to be figured out by yourself,by trial and error playing many jobs to a decent level.Thief can be fun but doesn't offer anything until level 15..It is a fairly cheap job to play.Some people have fun maging,wich again depending how in depth you are with gear can be fairly cheap.The jobs in the game are very unique in that some are more fun than others but at different levels.Some have more satisfaction right out opf the gate,where as others are alot more fun at higher levels.I am glad you asked about fun because in reality,that's what it's about FUN not how fast you can hit level 75.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PuRe_PkErPuRe_PkEr Member Posts: 4
    This game any good? The graphics seem fully sick! And I love FF on PS2. But this game anything like the FF on PS2?

|+|*PuRe_PkEr_MC*|+|
    <|EquilibriuM|>
    ___|ConquerOnline|___

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well to tell you the truth i got hooked from the playstation versions of final fantasy games.I always and still do hate console gaming but i saw advertising videos for ffx and thought they were amazing,so i had to try it out.I was very impressed at what they could do with a console game that runs on a playstation.i heard runours that FFVII was there best game ever so i went out and bought all the FF series.I don't share the same view of FFVII as others do but i look at it from a non biased position of not being a FF fanbois.To me FFX is by far the best in the line of FF series.In comparison to that version,the online is far and above it.

Hard to compare a solo game with a team based game and FF online is very much a team based game.All the FF series are quite good for console gaming but follow the route of all console gaming as being sort of linear.The online FFXI is 90% non linear in that you can go anywhere anytime in the original maps from its release date.The add ons ,newer regions do require missions/quests to gain access to these areas.Once you gain access yo uare pretty much free to go anywhere in a very large world.

Unlike the console versions,GIL or game money is i think unfairly and extremely hard to come by.Like most console games drops are pretty much useable right away and your game money tends to be sufficient.FFXI requires farming and time consumed to gain enough gil to get along on a mediocre scale.

Overall the game is ALOT bigger and has ALOT more content than any of the console versions.The battle system is unique ONLY to Final Fantasy and uses extremely complicated math equations.If you are looking for something similiar to a console game where you can just meander around whenever you feel like it,you won't be fully satisfied in the online version.Team based games require other players and if you garner a frienship and perhaps static party,they may not be inclined to base there playtime around your schedule.This is the biggest flaw in online games is that they can't balance casual with hardcore players who can be online almost everyday.Hope that is enough insight into the online game for you as dwelling on every single aspect of the game would take at least 100 pages..lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• cityoftroycityoftroy Member Posts: 43
    i dont play this game becuase it cost i really want to play it one day