Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: A Glimpse of Two Worlds

MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

Every now and then, we like to take a look at an RPG that has some kind of multiplayer function. Even though they may not be classified as true MMORPGs, they can sometimes provide a fun and interesting diversion. In this article, Hasani Davis takes a look at Two Worlds, a new RPG out of Germany.

I had the opportunity to stop by the studio and see an Alpha run of South Peak Games TWO WORLDS. As always, I will cut to the chase, this game is 100% next generation RPG. The game world has very high end graphics as well as world effects. It is still in Alpha and already, in my opinion, this game has set the pace for the pack and is the new "ten" standard to measure all other RPGs against.

Two Worlds is created by Thought Pump, a gaming company based out of Poland who created games such as Earth 2160. They are making the jump to the RPG market on both the XBox and PC with Two Worlds. The game will cater to most player desires. You can play a single player story mode with a highly reactive world that changes according to what decisions you make in the game. Or you can play in a group setting linking up with 8 people for Xbox. If you are running it on the PC, you can open the MMO feature up to hundreds of friends and foes alike. So far, only the human race is the story mode race, but there are many races you can choose from. Orcs, dwarves, Groms (think barbarian trolls), Elves, and serpent men which move around on just tails and have no legs!

Check out the entire article here.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Comments

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762
    Sounds like oblivion 2.0! Wow, this type of stuff makes me want to own an XBox360 so bad..

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• jeolmanjeolman Member UncommonPosts: 46

sounds like more of the same, another fantasy MMO. let me rejoice

I long for anything that is devoid of orks and elves.

• LvciferLvcifer Member Posts: 127
    great review!

cant wait to see more of it..

MyBrute = addicting mini online game!

• BlindShooterBlindShooter Member Posts: 77
    Quite interesting, I'll keep an eye for it.

Really liked the screenshots and their take on stealth and such (oblivion stealth was lame imo, if you stealthed a lot you would need 30 arrows to kill certain enemies... 30 friking arrows, talk about running in circles  for a long time =/)

Sounds more like a NWN + Oblivion sort of game, judging by what has been presented.

Lets hope it is a good one shall we?

www.MONGBAT.com
    Warhammer Guild

• smartkidzsmartkidz Member Posts: 252
    Damn, stuff like this game and oblivion make me think this one thing. Xbox gets all the good sh#t!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    =The best bash.org quote ever=
    Curt teh Juggler: our graduation ceremony was today, and right when some gamer nerd got his diploma, someone in the audience played the zelda "get item" music and he did the zelda spin-hold-out-item stance
    Curt teh Juggler: it was quite possibly the most amazing thing ever.

• sololocosololoco Member Posts: 542

Not another Dwarves, Elves type game. The current MMO market is flooded with these type games and they all stink. Can't they come up with something different?

I'm not saying this game isn't any good as I realy don't know anything about it. Just that it seems this type of games is all they have to offer. C'mon, be different. Bring something other then this type of games already.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Check www.gametrailers.com for Two Worlds trailer available in HD quicktime format.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• IthurielIthuriel Member CommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by Meddle

They are making the jump to the RPG market on both the XBox and PC with Two Worlds.

And...you lost me.  Have fun.
  • tl481tl481 Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Ithuriel

Originally posted by Meddle
    They are making the jump to the RPG market on both the XBox and PC with Two Worlds.

And...you lost me.  Have fun. I know right. Have fun trying something new.

Not good in my opinion. More work on development, more resources wasted, and scattered platforms = what the... are they thinking.?
  • kraidenkraiden Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 638
    Originally posted by sololoco

Not another Dwarves, Elves type game. The current MMO market is flooded with these type games and they all stink. Can't they come up with something different?
    I'm not saying this game isn't any good as I realy don't know anything about it. Just that it seems this type of games is all they have to offer. C'mon, be different. Bring something other then this type of games already.

I have seen elves and dwarves in many games but they are all different. Think about the loveable hugable happy dwarf in world of warcraft. Now think about the crazy foaming at the mouth, rugged walk into battle with no armor and barechested, tattoed,mohawk and spiked hair having dwarf from Warhammer. Both are dwarves by name and that they have beards, but the similarities stop there.

Two worlds takes the classic races and puts them with new ones for added flavor. I have never seen serpentile non bipedal creatures in an MMO before this one, and I also have never seen a grom before.

I really like this game, and see myself playing it "gauntlet style" with my 2 brothers nightly in story mode, and then exploring solo in the MMORPG part of the game when they are not online.  I like having the option to story, co-op and mmo with pvp, and also on either Xbox or PC.
    I like options

-Hasani-

I will keep my nose close to the ground and have another review out in the next comming months before its release.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by kraiden

I like options
    Options good!
  • peenkpeenk Member Posts: 270
    Originally posted by tigris67

Sounds like oblivion 2.0! Wow, this type of stuff makes me want to own an XBox360 so bad..
    Yeah ... first of all its both...

Second of all did your read about the part where xbox will have EIGHT players? and PC "hundreds"?

Yeah ... no point in getting xbox version unless your pc blows ... then you get the poor people's pc to play the game of course.

WTB Shadowbane 2

• ConleyConley Member Posts: 195

I don't know if anyone here has read the latest Edge magazine, there is an article about this game in it and it looks very promising. Interesting to know perhaps is that the director of this game is easily the most beautiful woman in the gaming industry. She easily beats Angelina Jolie in the "pretty" department, so i hope this game becomes a success so we can see more of her (beats Brad and his lame unachievable "vision" any day in my opinion).  

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

Yay more fantasy stuff to look forward to. This and project offset sounds like it will be tons of fun.

For those that havent heard of Project Offset, here is a link to their site and they some videos you can look at or just read about what they have planned. http://www.projectoffset.com/  I recommend watching the videos though, I for one found them quite impressive.

• _Seeker_Seeker Member Posts: 175
    Intresting. Sounds like it will be a class/skill hybrid. Funny seeing as how this was discussed last week. Ill keep an eye on it. They better release a demo.
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

So far this sounds fun indeed.  i hope this pans out to be a good game & true to it's word.  We do not need anymore Vanguardian type misshaps anytime soon.  By the time this Two Worlds releases perhaps Vanguard will be fairly complete too.  i will have to look for it's official web site & try to keep tabs on it. 

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762
    Originally posted by peenk

Originally posted by tigris67

Yeah ... first of all its both...

Second of all did your read about the part where xbox will have EIGHT players? and PC "hundreds"?

Yeah ... no point in getting xbox version unless your pc blows ... then you get the poor people's pc to play the game of course.

Well actually, my PC does in fact Blow....so yah....and The multiplayer aspect dosn't bother me that much considering that there are games made to me mmorpg's and games that arn't. I'd rather play this one single player. There is no wrong or right way of playing this game, its just the user's preference.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• ShealladhShealladh Member UncommonPosts: 90
    I was interested in this from day one, but as soon as they started moving resources over to release it on the @#$%box, moving on now.

Micro$oft can only buy games out and not for any other reason other than to make more money with a @#$% system.

My advice to developers, stay clear of Xbox if you want to keep your customers. Oblivion must be a good point to you. You can make your money for the worst game support in history, barely followed by Obsidian and NWN2.

Leave our RPGs alone and make pong on your xbox piece of #@#$@#$% #$#%
  • ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550
    plzz stop bitching around, and read this Beta FAQ Thread.

www.insidetwoworlds.com/

Nobody here knows shit about this game, but keep takling the same about it.
  • SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by Shealladh

I was interested in this from day one, but as soon as they started moving resources over to release it on the @#$%box, moving on now.

Micro$oft can only buy games out and not for any other reason other than to make more money with a @#$% system.

My advice to developers, stay clear of Xbox if you want to keep your customers. Oblivion must be a good point to you. You can make your money for the worst game support in history, barely followed by Obsidian and NWN2.

Let's see... Oblivion was released in March 2006 for Windows and the 360 and by April 10th had sold 1.7 million copies, and by January 18th 2007 had sold over 3 million copies. Yeah definately a warning sign to developers to steer clear of the Live Anywhere and Xbox platforms if they want to sell any games. Who the hell would want to sell an average of 48,571 copies over 35 days? I mean, seriously.

And developers, yeah man - they hate the 360. It must be true because you saw it on the Interweb, right?

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

"Being a video game developer (I develop for both, Playstation 3 and XBOX 360) people ask me almost daily which platform I think is better. These are my personal feelings, in no way does this reflect my employer.

Short answer: XBOX 360.

Long answer: Price, performance, visual quality, game selection and online support. I think the XBOX 360 wins in every category."

Oh, oops. Well that doesn't show the hate does it? Granted this is just one view, but search the other game dev sources and you'll find more love for the 360 platform than you care to admit exists :)

As for Microsoft only buying games out, you're wrong. You do realize that there's a division called Microsoft Gaming Studios right? Where they, umm, actually, MAKE games? This division is also made up of othe companies you've no doubt heard of? Just to name a few, Lionhead, Rare, Turn 10, Ensemble, and uh, Bungie? How about some of the games that MGS has made? I'm sure you've pirated, err, bought, some of these right? Age of Empires, Flight Simulator series, Dungeon Siege, MechWarrior series. Xbox: Amped, Fable, Forza, Halo & Halo 2. 360: Fable 2, Forza 2, Mass Effect, Gears of War, PGR3 and 4, Crackdown, Halo Wars, Halo 3.

I could continue, but you get the point.

Do the rest of us a favor and don't register just to be a hater and post your Sony love. We'll be better off for not having to read through your posts :) Learn about that which you reply to so you avoid looking like a lost little fanboi tryign to spread 'teh h8'.

Now toddle off and go play with your folding@home toy.

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

Great article MMORPG staff yeah I've been following this RPG for awhile now. I tend to favor RPGs a bit over MMORPGs these days since they always have less grind and its fun being able to 'change' your own little universe and share it with close friends while at the sametime, experience a pretty rich storyline. I'll probably pick the xbox360 version over the PC one like I usually do with any game offered for both platforms. Some of these people posting I cant help but wonder can you guys just not afford a console? Because most xbox 360 owners I know are pretty pumped about this. If it were up to me I wish they'd just only focus on console development first then port it to PC later since we already have a plethora of RPGs on the PC

I wonder if they plan to have xbox 360 version play with the PC version. That will probably also guide my choice which version I'll buy

• AtheaAthea Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Wow! An mmo that actually looks promising. Very different, in a good way. Actual weather. Ultima Online skill system. Nice graphics. I cant wait.

Im so sick of all these MMOs that are the SAME. This game looks like a nice change.
    Originally posted by SunwolfNC

I could continue, but you get the point.
    Do the rest of us a favor and don't register just to be a hater and post your Sony love. We'll be better off for not having to read through your posts :) Learn about that which you reply to so you avoid looking like a lost little fanboi tryign to spread 'teh h8'.
    Now toddle off and go play with your folding@home toy.

Well as a developer and fan of the Xbox I wish you well in the future for your games. Yet you even miss the point, I am in no way interested in Consoles, period.

So yeah if you had done your homework and not assumed I was advocating Sony (just as bad as Micro$oft if you ask me) you may have considered (since your a developer and all) that us PC owners actually want games too.

So instead of advertising yourself and not even asking for more information you have just stated the same old bs that I hear from consoles salespeople all the time, they are popular and outsell, blah, blah, blah. I do not merit a game, movie, music, whatever on the amount of sales, it's either good or not, period.

All I am asking, and the reson for my post in the first place, get back to giving us choices in games and not the same old bs as last year, blah, blah, blah.

I think you might want my feedback, if not, then feel free to skip the post.
  • vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860
    Originally posted by Shealladh

not clear on what you were trying to say here. NWN2 was not on xbox so not sure how thats even relevant lol and Oblivion pulled in a ton of cash from xbox 360 sales.

I agree with SunWolfNC this was a very bad, an uninformed post. Yeah your argument is very convincing to Game Developers noit to port RPGs seeing as how Elder Scrolls: Oblivion topped the charts for xbox 360 for game sales. Very convincing indeed, NOT!

Originally posted by vajuras
    not clear on what you were trying to say here. NWN2 was not on xbox so not sure how thats even relevant lol and Oblivion pulled in a ton of cash from xbox 360 sales.
     I agree with SunWolfNC this was a very bad, an uninformed post. Yeah your argument is very convincing to Game Developers noit to port RPGs seeing as how Elder Scrolls: Oblivion topped the charts for xbox 360 for game sales. Very convincing indeed, NOT!

Hmmm. Just like your post huh, I thought this topic was about Role Playing Games and not the obsurd cash made by developers.

All I've been saying all along is that there is more to making an RPG than taking record amounts of cash. Oblivion had no comeptition becaue there was no other game out there at the time. World of Warcraft could be said for the MMORPG market.

I understand that you need to make a game create money to develop the next one, but for christ sake, give us a decent RPG is all I'm asking.

So since you don't get the point, I won't bother trying to exaplain, oops, already tried that