Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP nerf Privateers

Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

It seems that Privateers won EVE, we got so bad *** that they were forced to change the game mechanics. It seems that we were ganking freighters and haulers owned by BoD alt corps that they use for safe hauling to sell their complex loot in empire. They cried to their DEVs in their corp and finally got the system changed. It is obvious CCP want the whole of empire to be safe in order to provide a steady stream of entertainment for their pet alliance BoD in 0.0.

It's a pity Privateers didn't have a few DEVs in it, then these changes wouldn't of happened and we wouldn't of had PvP reduced. It seems the "Come to 0.0" retards won the day with the help of the "I don't want to fight in empire" whiners, bolstered by the "Call the DEVs, we lost another freighter!" BoD alt fleet!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Comments

• EschiavaEschiava Member Posts: 485
    For those without a currently active account, could you post the patch note details concerning the war dec change?  Thanks!
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Originally posted by Eschiava

For those without a currently active account, could you post the patch note details concerning the war dec change?  Thanks!

Basically with the old system alliances couldmake as many war decks as they wanted to and the privateers war decked everyone it seems [even small 1 man corps]. Now tho its a case of yuo can still amke war deks but the cost goes up with each one for example.

1 war dek 10 mil

2 war dek 12 milk

3 war dek 15 mill and so on.

According to CCP tho this a loophole in the game mechanics they ahve wanted to plug up for some time. Also it is werll known that there is at least one dev in the privateers. All the complaining about this change and protests of favouratism to carebears is mainly comming from the privateesrs who for a long time have taken advantage of this loophole in the war deking mechanics. Technically tho the privateers did nothing wrong as it was a n ormal loophole rather than an exploit of a bug. Now tho its been fixed and hopfully the privateers will learn how to PvP in 0.0 rather than use the war deck system to turn low sec and high sec into a proxy safe 0.0 for them.

And that was the main problem with this loophole an alliance could kill anyone and everyone in low sec and empire yet be safe because everyopne knows empire is largly filled with newbs unlike 0.0 space which is the oposite. This made the Privateers the carebear alliance in a strange way.

• ElycionElycion Member Posts: 14
    The Privateer Alliance was founded with an admittedly clever idea to use the wardec mechanic in such a way as to remain within the letter of the law while badly violating the spirit of the law.  No reasonably intelligent person playing EVE is surprised that CCP finally got around to making this kind of mass-wardec impossible.

The Privateers had a great deal of fun and definitely acquired a certain amount of notoriety, most of us don't begrudge them their moment in the limelight.  That said, try dealing with the downfall of your lifestyle with a little bit of grace.  All the crying about "Band of Developers" and CCP favoritism amounts to nothing more than a tantrum.  If you really think there is that degree of unethical behavior from CCP then you shouldn't be giving them your money every month to play their game.
  • NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Originally posted by Eschiava

Under the old system the cost of starting and maintaining a war would increase with the number of wars the target had on it. Now the cost also increases based on how many wars the initiating corp has. The game uses which ever value would be more for the cost per week.

example would be

Corp A war decs Corp B

A pays 50mil to start and 50mil a week

if corp B already has a war dec against it then A pays 50mil to start the war and 100mil a week.

If this is corp Bs third war dec then it would pay 50 mil to start and 150mil a week since Bs three wars is more than As 2 wars.

not sure if the initiation cost is increased. hope that made it a bit clearer.
    To put it into a nutshell the privateers alliance was created to exploit a loophole in the system therefore mening they didnt have to go to 0.0 witht he real alliances to do Free for all PvP. Then CCP fixed it and the whining began.

• MoobkradMoobkrad Member Posts: 308
    To the OP

I greatly disagree, Privateers was a pirate alliance. Many mining corps, not related to BoB in anyway were picked on by Privateers in the systems close to Jita. There were over twenty friendly corps, to me, that were wardec'd by them. Corps that had 10 or so players and no alliances. Plenty of times did Privateers shot against newbie players on Ibis, or suicide runs against people doing simple chores.

I know that EVE is a harsh environment, I tell everyone that. But Privateers were no different than pirates. I'm glad they can't continue with their antics.
  • rsrobinsonrsrobinson Member Posts: 13
    The Privateers didn't "win" Eve or anything else.  They certainly didn't have much success in the battles my corp had with them.  CCP is just closing a loophole that allowed the Privateers to use the wardec in ways that obviously weren't intended.  They can still wardec to their hearts content, it will just cost more.  Or they can head to 0.0 like everyone else.
  • damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by Agricola1

It seems that Privateers won EVE, we got so bad *** that they were forced to change the game mechanics. It seems that we were ganking freighters and haulers owned by BoD alt corps that they use for safe hauling to sell their complex loot in empire. They cried to their DEVs in their corp and finally got the system changed. It is obvious CCP want the whole of empire to be safe in order to provide a steady stream of entertainment for their pet alliance BoD in 0.0.
    It's a pity Privateers didn't have a few DEVs in it, then these changes wouldn't of happened and we wouldn't of had PvP reduced. It seems the "Come to 0.0" retards won the day with the help of the "I don't want to fight in empire" whiners, bolstered by the "Call the DEVs, we lost another freighter!" BoD alt fleet!

from my posts here, it can easily be seen that i am ANYTHING but a bod fan.

having said that, could i get a list of everyone privateers has declared on in the past 3 months?  and can that list be broken down into bod/bod-pets and random carebear corps?

because, i'm pretty sure that the above post is full of, erm... not-quite-accurate-information.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

Originally posted by damian7

because, i'm pretty sure that the above post is full of, erm... not-quite-accurate-information.

Full of it lol it seems to be nothing but.

Out of curiosity what do YOU know about the privateers alliance and ill try and get you up to date is possable.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

from my posts here, it can easily be seen that i am ANYTHING but a bod fan.
    having said that, could i get a list of everyone privateers has declared on in the past 3 months?  and can that list be broken down into bod/bod-pets and random carebear corps?
    Well considering they had I believe 79 war decs at the time of the patch, thier war decs have been well spread out.
    seeing as their membership corps would change as the wind would blow and they'd war dec at the drop of a hat... i just don't see them being a force against BOD... i honestly think any bod confrontation was by chance.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

seeing as their membership corps would change as the wind would blow and they'd war dec at the drop of a hat... i just don't see them being a force against BOD... i honestly think any bod confrontation was by chance.
    Post 11 and 12 sort of shows why this game fixing change was needed really.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

To clear somethings up, BoD has many alt hauler corps that do their hauling (as do other large 0.0 alliances). We wardeced all of them and they started crying because they couldn't get their complex loot (you know the ones that spawn every hour?) to market.

We have over 200 wardecs presently, we did this as a protest to the change. I've been in Privateers since the begining of this year, about 3-4 months.

I used to PvP in 0.0 for over a year, it was a boring lag fest. Sitting on bubbles all day = boring, blob warfare = boring/lag fest, PoS warfare = boring/lag fest. These are my personal opinions on 0.0 warfare and it is the reason Privateers exist, ex 0.0 PvPers bored s***less by it.

I think CCP should've concentrated on making 0.0 PvP more attractive and accessible to the playerbase, rather than making empire wars less. As it stands 80-90% of the playerbase aren't into 0.0, because it just doesn't deliver. If 0.0 was fun we'd be there fighting and saving cash, but it isn't. It would've been better for the game all round to make 0.0 more fun and more practical for the average player, rather than nerfing their fun to force them into a BoD lag fest/blob/node crash.

In the end I play EVE for fun, if they make 0.0 more fun I'll be there doing the same as I did in empire. As it stands 0.0 doesn't have enough traffic, fleet warfare doesn't work as most of us don't enjoy slideshows. Also the game is balanced in favour of alliances like BoD as they have DEVs playing with them, why bother to fight them since we know for a fact all alliances with DEVs use them to their advantage? So for now I'll be going back to mission running in empire once the wars end, it's just more fun than 0.0 at the moment!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

To clear somethings up, BoD has many alt hauler corps that do their hauling (as do other large 0.0 alliances). We wardeced all of them and they started crying because they couldn't get their complex loot (you know the ones that spawn every hour?) to market.
    We have over 200 wardecs presently, we did this as a protest to the change. I've been in Privateers since the begining of this year, about 3-4 months.
    I used to PvP in 0.0 for over a year, it was a boring lag fest. Sitting on bubbles all day = boring, blob warfare = boring/lag fest, PoS warfare = boring/lag fest. These are my personal opinions on 0.0 warfare and it is the reason Privateers exist, ex 0.0 PvPers bored s***less by it.
    I think CCP should've concentrated on making 0.0 PvP more attractive and accessible to the playerbase, rather than making empire wars less. As it stands 80-90% of the playerbase aren't into 0.0, because it just doesn't deliver. If 0.0 was fun we'd be there fighting and saving cash, but it isn't. It would've been better for the game all round to make 0.0 more fun and more practical for the average player, rather than nerfing their fun to force them into a BoD lag fest/blob/node crash.
    In the end I play EVE for fun, if they make 0.0 more fun I'll be there doing the same as I did in empire. As it stands 0.0 doesn't have enough traffic, fleet warfare doesn't work as most of us don't enjoy slideshows. Also the game is balanced in favour of alliances like BoD as they have DEVs playing with them, why bother to fight them since we know for a fact all alliances with DEVs use them to their advantage? So for now I'll be going back to mission running in empire once the wars end, it's just more fun than 0.0 at the moment!
    Privateer picks fights with small mining corps. Suicide runs against haulers which have nothing to do with BoD (BoB). Killing new players in their Ibis. This is what Privateers is known for; otherwise known as Pirates. All that BoD talk is just to look good in the community so that people join you and back you up.

Onto personal experiences. I got shot at on two different occasions by members of Privateers; both failed, Concord got them. Several of my friendly corps have been wardec'd by Privateers. C'mon corps with one or two Battleships, mostly miners,  with a total of 20 players. Corps that are not part of an alliance.

Is Privateers really that afraid of the alliances in 0.0, like the rumors say? Is it fun to pick on smaller corps? Is it fun to show your superiority when fighting mining vessels and haulers? Isn't more fun when you fight someone that really challenges you? Or is it that Privateers don't dare mettle against someone that can match them in combat?

You fail to mention we've been at war with every large 0.0 alliance since last year, some constantly (BoD). Perhaps your just giving all the "you only gank noobs in an Ibis" to get the rest of the community to back you up and look good?

Look this up http://www.privateer.griefwatch.net/ if you think we're just cowards that gank haulers please post a link to your alliances/corps killboards. If not or you don't have any stop putting down my alliance and go fight in 0.0, or wardec us and come pod me. I'd think only a few alliances come close to the amount of T2 combat ships destroyed that we manage. All this "whaaaa you only kill miners and noobs" is just the weak crying because they're not bad *** enough to join BoD!

CS Lewis

You fail to mention we've been at war with every large 0.0 alliance since last year, some constantly (BoD). Perhaps your just giving all the "you only gank noobs in an Ibis" to get the rest of the community to back you up and look good?
    Look this up http://www.privateer.griefwatch.net/ if you think we're just cowards that gank haulers please post a link to your alliances/corps killboards. If not or you don't have any stop putting down my alliance and go fight in 0.0, or wardec us and come pod me. I'd think only a few alliances come close to the amount of T2 combat ships destroyed that we manage. All this "whaaaa you only kill miners and noobs" is just the weak crying because they're not bad *** enough to join BoD!
    Yeah just a whine, currently I don't have the firepower or funds to fight you. I'm in a mining corp to boot, and helping newbies and such.
  • GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652
    They got what was comming to them, no pitty here.

um, why would anyone want to join band of cheaters to start with?   and ya ONLY need 20m sp to join them, 'member?  that's what?  a year training from noobness?

if i were in 0.0, then how could i fight privateers?  or did they move there because of the anti-lame-weener-changes to war dec'ing?

seems to me i recall a number of eve-o posts by privateers which pretty much talk about their only fighting in empire, the "rp" aspect of it being something along the lines of "concord is very corrupt and takes bribes to look the other way", which was also part of the "corps come and go as they please (and constantly) from privateers".

you won't find pity, mercy, or giving a damn from me about anyone in an organization as lame as privateers.  i'd just as soon say nice things about bod-pets.

edited:

nah, not about half of the ones so far today are indys or nuffin, ONLY 5 of 13 (might've miscounted).  nope, no high sec hauler ganking there, nope, none at all.  think that pretty much says what your word on privs is worth, eh m8?  cheers

Thursday 26th Apr, 2007

View Details Corporal Viper @ 01:55

UNITED STAR SYNDICAT... [Endless Horizon]

Thorax, Hek, Metropolis, 0.5

View Details Barim Nalster @ 01:39

PezCo - Ice Services [Brutally Clever Empi...]

Iteron Mark V, Alikara, The Citadel, 0.7

View Details Seifan @ 01:16

UNITED KINGDOM MAYHE... [THE V I G I L]

Iteron Mark III, Bereye, Everyshore, 0.7

View Details Evir @ 00:51

Porta Incendia

Caracal, Jita, The Forge, 0.9

View Details OldTymeHockey @ 00:46

Same Sh1t Different... [Gemini Federation]

Myrmidon, Juunigaishi, The Citadel, 0.6

View Details Ravortex @ 00:39

NEW DAWN CO [Fuzzy Nut Attack Squ...]

Iteron Mark III, Magiko, Heimatar, 0.9

View Details niroshido @ 00:38

Vortex. [Maelstrom Alliance]

Drake, Isikesu, The Citadel, 0.7

View Details Gavri @ 00:35

The Republican Guard [The Sundering]

Iteron, Yrmori, Metropolis, 0.6

View Details HarshawJ @ 00:27

Red Dwarf Mining Cor... [space weaponry and t...]

Tristan, Pulin, Sinq Laison, 0.5

View Details Ronin Sarasin @ 00:15

Krieger Allianz [ASGARDIAN EMPIRE]

Badger Mark II, Kaaputenen, The Citadel, 0.8

View Details FirstKnight @ 00:02

TerraNova NavalAcade... [Terran Nova Alliance]

Thorax, Pulin, Sinq Laison, 0.5

View Details Risar Lietsu @ 00:02

Plundering Penguins [3asy Company]

Rifter, Aufay, Sinq Laison, 0.5

um, why would anyone want to join band of cheaters to start with?   and ya ONLY need 20m sp to join them, 'member?  that's what?  a year training from noobness?

if i were in 0.0, then how could i fight privateers?  or did they move there because of the anti-lame-weener-changes to war dec'ing?

seems to me i recall a number of eve-o posts by privateers which pretty much talk about their only fighting in empire, the "rp" aspect of it being something along the lines of "concord is very corrupt and takes bribes to look the other way", which was also part of the "corps come and go as they please (and constantly) from privateers".

you won't find pity, mercy, or giving a damn from me about anyone in an organization as lame as privateers.  i'd just as soon say nice things about bod-pets.

edited:

nah, not about half of the ones so far today are indys or nuffin, ONLY 5 of 13 (might've miscounted).  nope, no high sec hauler ganking there, nope, none at all.  think that pretty much says what your word on privs is worth, eh m8?  cheers

Thursday 26th Apr, 2007

View Details Corporal Viper @ 01:55

UNITED STAR SYNDICAT... [Endless Horizon]

Thorax, Hek, Metropolis, 0.5

View Details Barim Nalster @ 01:39

PezCo - Ice Services [Brutally Clever Empi...]

Iteron Mark V, Alikara, The Citadel, 0.7

View Details Seifan @ 01:16

UNITED KINGDOM MAYHE... [THE V I G I L]

Iteron Mark III, Bereye, Everyshore, 0.7

View Details Evir @ 00:51

Porta Incendia

Caracal, Jita, The Forge, 0.9

View Details OldTymeHockey @ 00:46

Same Sh1t Different... [Gemini Federation]

Myrmidon, Juunigaishi, The Citadel, 0.6

View Details Ravortex @ 00:39

NEW DAWN CO [Fuzzy Nut Attack Squ...]

Iteron Mark III, Magiko, Heimatar, 0.9

View Details niroshido @ 00:38

Vortex. [Maelstrom Alliance]

Drake, Isikesu, The Citadel, 0.7

View Details Gavri @ 00:35

The Republican Guard [The Sundering]

Iteron, Yrmori, Metropolis, 0.6

View Details HarshawJ @ 00:27

Red Dwarf Mining Cor... [space weaponry and t...]

Tristan, Pulin, Sinq Laison, 0.5

View Details Ronin Sarasin @ 00:15

Krieger Allianz [ASGARDIAN EMPIRE]

Badger Mark II, Kaaputenen, The Citadel, 0.8

View Details FirstKnight @ 00:02

TerraNova NavalAcade... [Terran Nova Alliance]

Thorax, Pulin, Sinq Laison, 0.5

View Details Risar Lietsu @ 00:02

Plundering Penguins [3asy Company]

Rifter, Aufay, Sinq Laison, 0.5

I think someone just won the thread for today. And you are quite right most peopel in eve wont support the privateers even if they played the BoD card. The reason being is there true reasons for what they do are well known [largly because they kept on boasting about it on EvE-O].

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    You know, I once Wardec'ed a n00b mining corp, know what happened?  THE SOB'S LEFT THE CORP EXCEPT FOR THEIR ONE CHARACTER WITH A HURRICANE!  I truly doubt many n00b mining corps were truly affected by privateer wardecs because of this tactic.

No, the only people hurt by privateers were the major alliances who's players could not drop out of their corp with ease over a single wardec.

So what, maybe the Privateers wanted to gank a few fat and juicy haulers with Faction loot and BPOs, who does'nt?  Is that wrong, is that not the point of Eve?  It sure is and that is why every major alliance was crying tears of joy when the privateers got nerfed because "their haulers full of goodies" got that much more safe.

But please don't give me, "the poor helpless n00bs" argument when I am a poor helpless n00b and Privateers has not hurt me at all

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• eveplayer101eveplayer101 Member Posts: 39
    Privateers lol, they are just a bunch of cowards that hide behind war decs..

come to 0.0 and fight you pussy's
  • binjuicebinjuice Member Posts: 363
    We recently got war dec'd by PA, just before the patch so probably nothing special, and as soon as we were dec'd my entire alliance celebrated in the fact we could go out and kill PA... As soon as fighting was allowed (a whole 24 hours of anticipation) we had 3 PA kills and 1 loss ^_^ PA, yeah they war dec a lot of people, but they only roam in very very small gnangs and they are never organised beyond a 1 jump strategy, though their Carrier in Aunenen is going to be a very nice trophy kill ^_^, hope she sits outside and tanks the sentry guns after DT ^_^ *btw this is baiting, cause I am yet to see more then 4 PA on at once in a system...  want BS kills........

I love PA because they are hopeless ^_^

"Just because there are other colours to use in chat does not mean you have to use them..." - Please follow

Originally posted by binjuice

We recently got war dec'd by PA, just before the patch so probably nothing special, and as soon as we were dec'd my entire alliance celebrated in the fact we could go out and kill PA... As soon as fighting was allowed (a whole 24 hours of anticipation) we had 3 PA kills and 1 loss ^_^ PA, yeah they war dec a lot of people, but they only roam in very very small gnangs and they are never organised beyond a 1 jump strategy, though their Carrier in Aunenen is going to be a very nice trophy kill ^_^, hope she sits outside and tanks the sentry guns after DT ^_^ *btw this is baiting, cause I am yet to see more then 4 PA on at once in a system...  want BS kills........

If any of what you say is true we wouldn't be getting nerfed. Oh and to the retard that gave a selective snap shot of our KB and his fellow village idiot that applauded him here are the stats for the last 24 hours,

Destroyed and lost

53 / 9

Battlecruiser

40 / 3

Battleship

154 / 4

Capsule

63 / 2

Cruiser

15 / 2

Destroyer

9 / 2

Elite Battlecruiser

7 / 4

Elite Cruiser

1 / 0

Elite Destroyer

22 / 6

Elite Frigate

2 / 0

Elite Industrial

47 / 3

Frigate

38 / 0

Industrial

4 / 0

Mining Barge

18 / 0

Rookie ship

22 / 0

Shuttle

Seems we took down more Battleships than haulers so far, anyone else have an alliance KB doing better in EVE? No?

CS Lewis

Stop crying noone liked your allianced tactics you got some just karma that patch day binjuice.

And to the guy claiming small corps didnt get hurt well its obvious you have never been in one that had to be abandoned to avoid a unfare war dek. I can tell you it does hurt.

• VemoiVemoi Member Posts: 1,546

Originally posted by binjuice

If any of what you say is true we wouldn't be getting nerfed. Oh and to the retard that gave a selective snap shot of our KB and his fellow village idiot that applauded him here are the stats for the last 24 hours,

Destroyed and lost

53 / 9

Battlecruiser

40 / 3

Battleship

154 / 4

Capsule

63 / 2

Cruiser

15 / 2

Destroyer

9 / 2

Elite Battlecruiser

7 / 4

Elite Cruiser

1 / 0

Elite Destroyer

22 / 6

Elite Frigate

2 / 0

Elite Industrial

47 / 3

Frigate

38 / 0

Industrial

4 / 0

Mining Barge

18 / 0

Rookie ship

22 / 0

Shuttle

Seems we took down more Battleships than haulers so far, anyone else have an alliance KB doing better in EVE? No?

OKay, now tell us how many of these were at Jita 4-4 and how many were petitioned. I suspect CCP was getting tired of closeing petitions.