Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camps/Tents

OmrieOmrie Member UncommonPosts: 116
Just a quick question, I see tents, and camp fires in alot of these AoC pictures, does that mean we can set up camps like this in game?

Comments

• TaekTaek Member Posts: 38

Iv not read anything about this but some of the finer details youjust have to wait for the release or BETA

• Hoobley_deletedHoobley_deleted Member Posts: 677
    To my knowledge there isn't any concrete evidence of these features, but then again we don't know a lot about those 'little' features yet.

I'm sure that with the closed beta getting underway (now?) we'll see much more information either given by Funcom or leaked by testers.
  • AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

We might or might not be able to do so, we simply don't know.

Those campsites could just as easily be static restpoints, or enemy NPC spawning grounds.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• jaxon091jaxon091 Member Posts: 7

I remember reading that before you attempt to seige a city, you must first set up a camp outside the city walls...not sure if that helps though...

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    Originally posted by jaxon091

I remember reading that before you attempt to seige a city, you must first set up a camp outside the city walls...not sure if that helps though...

The camp is just part of the process of "challenging" the owners of the keep. They have a certain period of time (probably a day or more) to answer the challenge,  at which point they pick a time for their keep to be open to attack. If they ignore the challenge, they become open to attack regardless. The system may sound a little wierd, but its designed to help prevent player cities from being burned to the ground just because only a very few guild members were online.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441

i really hope that they have little features such as this

its the little things which make MMOs fun

• xxNe0xxxxNe0xx Member Posts: 15

I really like the camp concept. Especially since there are several ways to plunder them. Kinda reminds me of Oblivion (although it was really a challenge then)