Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ratings way down

jdagjdag Member Posts: 48

Now the game finally gets its true ratings. Good job Redbedlam! You did this to yourselves and now many people left due to your ignorance. Seriously tell me why would you release a game that doesn't even have half the features featured in the game yet? A 5.4 is still too high this game deserves a 2.0 just because its got a nice community but other than that the game itself doesn't even deserve to be listed as how crapppy it is. Whats the point in having a forum if you don't even listen to the players? Sure the minority goes on the forum but tell me how many total are actually logging in frequently? I'd say the population of RV has died to a low 80 players and thats sad. It amazes me how games crappier than this has more players than this game.

And Zakke I don't want none of your crap. All you do is talk and talk on the forums but haven't seen you once helping any newcomer in the game. You hide in the wilderness doing your own thing while the population dies. You applaud RB for banning the exploiters no wonder you hide in the wilderness and never come in contact with others.

Comments

• Zakke87Zakke87 Member Posts: 82
    Wow, thanks for the personal attack, I'm honoured that you even put the time to specifically address me in your thread. It reflects your maturity perfectly.

Anyway, who cares about a bunch of griefers/exploiters down-voting the game with only 1's in score?
  • MochnantMochnant Member Posts: 18
    You know, I don't play the game so I have no interest in whether it is the worst game "evr" or a sublime masterpiece that is not yet appreciated.  But I do wonder what the point of coming to the forum and blasting it so much.  jdag, the game was not created to piss you off, the developers want it to succeed.  If some people are enjoying it, and it having fun, why not celebrate that?

Clearly you hate the game.  Noted.  So go find another one that is more to your liking.
  • BrotherGrimBrotherGrim Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by Mochnant

You know, I don't play the game so I have no interest in whether it is the worst game "evr" or a sublime masterpiece that is not yet appreciated.  But I do wonder what the point of coming to the forum and blasting it so much.  jdag, the game was not created to piss you off, the developers want it to succeed.  If some people are enjoying it, and it having fun, why not celebrate that?

Clearly you hate the game.  Noted.  So go find another one that is more to your liking.
    Although I agree, please LET ME KNOW you hated it and why, otherwise I'd never know, buy the game, and end up waisting money on it. To give you an example, I was thinking of going into this game but, thanks to the negative feedback about the developers I decided to search around to see if there were common complaints.  There seem to be and I am thining of passing now.

And the fact the population is so low concerns me.  I'm suprised players do not care that no one seems interested in playing this game.
  • jdagjdag Member Posts: 48

Why blast it? I'm entitled to my own review and people deserve to know if its a good or bad game. If it was a good game i'd be talking about how nice it is rather than blasting it wouldn't i? If it is so good why aren't there more people coming here and talking about how good it is? The only reason people are sticking around is because of the upcoming expansion pack otherwise whats left of the community would have been out long time ago.

redbedlam expects every single player to send error reports before they do anything to fix bugs and errors. If ten players aren't getting the same bug or error they ignore it and ask that you update your drivers with a nice thanks at the end.

You'd think they fixed most of the bugs already when it was released but no. This game is no where near what a released game should be at. Very easy to exploit the game, a lot of combat lag, and very poor player support.  

Don't play this game. It will bring you more frustration then fun and thats a fact.

jdag, have in mind this is an mmo, it is not the same as a single player game.
  • VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492
    Originally posted by jdag

Why blast it? I'm entitled to my own review and people deserve to know if its a good or bad game. If it was a good game i'd be talking about how nice it is rather than blasting it wouldn't i? If it is so good why aren't there more people coming here and talking about how good it is? The only reason people are sticking around is because of the upcoming expansion pack otherwise whats left of the community would have been out long time ago.
    redbedlam expects every single player to send error reports before they do anything to fix bugs and errors. If ten players aren't getting the same bug or error they ignore it and ask that you update your drivers with a nice thanks at the end.

You'd think they fixed most of the bugs already when it was released but no. This game is no where near what a released game should be at. Very easy to exploit the game, a lot of combat lag, and very poor player support.  
    Don't play this game. It will bring you more frustration then fun and thats a fact.

Actually people would still play even if the update (not an expansion pack) wasn't on it's way.

One would think they would stop updating and start working on bugs, maybe they will after the update

No, that's an opinion

Zakke, what is that supposed to mean?
    Originally posted by Virtu

That you should not judge mmos by the same criterias as single player games.
  • genericname1genericname1 Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by Virtus

Originally posted by jdag

Actually people would still play even if the update (not an expansion pack) wasn't on it's way.

One would think they would stop updating and start working on bugs, maybe they will after the update

No, that's an opinion

Zakke, what is that supposed to mean? yeah virtus, people would still play it... 4-8 in corst and 0-3 in erring,

you're in denial,  this game sucks, but you all(me included, strangely enough) love it.

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492
    Originally posted by Zakke87

Originally posted by Virtu

That you should not judge mmos by the same criterias as single player games.

so your saying its allowed to be buggy and have a small player base and a low rating?

Originally posted by Virtus

so your saying its allowed to be buggy and have a small player base and a low rating?
    Right...

I have no urge to discuss this. You can read about what differs mmos from SP-games on the internet. Have fun.

• CeolasCeolas Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by genericname1

yeah virtus, people would still play it... 4-8 in corst and 0-3 in erring,
    you're in denial,  this game sucks, but you all(me included, strangely enough) love it.

Lol, true philjwill. Most people have stuck around for years, the community is quite strong and has stuck through a lot. Some of RedBedlams bannings seem to be a little off the mark an unexplained, which does suck. A lot of the temporarily banned members will have their accounts reactived within the next few days, - if not already. Some will come back, some wont. People are still playing at the moment, but each day you see another veteran leave. I've been playing RV for well over a year now, and been watching it for almost 2. The community is good and likes to see action, they give good suggestions, etc.

I remember at one stage when the developers were paying quite close attention to the players ideas and suggestions, - that was a good period for the devs. Now, however they seem to have acted harshly on some people for this exploit, and as this thread is titled, "Ratings way down". This is correct to an extent, but I see it that RedBedlam have a chance to redeem the current uproar people are having over this. The Escalation will either make, or break this game, says most of the people in the #RomaVictor IRC chatroom. It is a pretty accurate statement, because judging by the people who are quitting, they all seem to say, "I'll check out The Escalation when it comes." - This could bring back people for RedBedlam and the game can begin to flourish again.

At the moment it seems to be just a case of watching and waiting to see what these future updates will bring to the games rating.

• JeebisJeebis Member Posts: 17
    i hated this game after i got banned cause i was gonna stay with it
    Originally posted by Kruniac1

deleted
    Seeing as your post was deleted I'll be kind enough to edit my response.
  • genericname1genericname1 Member Posts: 45
    zakke, that's not what he means, what he means is he'll be very annoyed about it if the game goes down the drain....

not exactly openly threatening a dev, more of an encouragement...read and/or learn better english(I know lol, just kidding)...